You didn't beat Doom 2

You didn't beat Doom 2.

Attached: supershotgun.png (615x250, 5.58K)

>make sequel to beloved game
>Add only one gun
>it completely replaces another gun anyway so your total number of weapons stays the same

I actually have beaten doom 2 without the super shotgun. Not using it didn't really improve the game, but it was an ok challenge.
I would be more interesting to beat actually harder wads without the SSG, but doom 2 is pretty tame if you can handle shotgunning barons and others.

I didn't beat it at all.

no super shotgun makes almost no difference
you're still using the same amount of ammo
it just made the game less tedious
there's no extra skill involved by being 5 feet away and spamming

>it completely replaces another gun
the OG shotgun is still very useful user

I beat it for the first time like 2 months ago
Suprisingly decent for such an ancient game though no mouse aim sucks balls especially with projectile based weapons

I haven't but what does the super shotgun have to do with that?

Doom 2 was one of the first video games I played as a kid, definitely the first FPS.
And 30 something years, as controls have evolved to really be in a 3d environment, going back to doom I feel like I'm a fucking badass because you're only dealing with things on a plane.

>it completely replaces another gun
has way worse aim and eats twice as much ammo as regular shotty.

Super Shotgun unironically fixed most of D1's issues, mainly the fact that Cacos are absolute bullet sponges and are tedious as fuck to kill.

It had full mouse support on release, zoom-zoom

i hate how mouthbreathers always say BUT DOOM2 HAS THE SS THOUGH when comparing 1 vs 2 as if having an overpowered version of another weapon that makes the gameplay more braindead is a good thing or makes up for 2 having way shittier levels and atmosphere

I think he's retarded and meant vertical aim.

OG shotgun is better against regular human mobs and imps. Using the super shotty on them is a waste of ammo unless there's a bunch of them on screen and the ssg's massive pellet count and spread win out against ammo efficiency.

Doom shotgun is a long range weapon, super shotgun is a short to medium range weapon
SSG just bridges the gap between low tier guns and RL/Plasma/BFG and sits in its own minimum viable tier

2 is way harder than 1 on UV-fast monsters. What are you smoking? SSG is balanced out by the difficulty hike. Also, imagine trying to play a slaughterwad without SSG.

Rocket launcher has a higher DPS than SSG even against cyberdemons and such because it fires a lot faster
hurr durr SSG overpowered
It really isn't

>Cacos are absolute bullet sponges and are tedious as fuck to kill.

Agreed.

Attached: 1549520879130.jpg (1024x768, 76.01K)

not that user and i dont agree with him about the ssg being OP, but rl and ssg are clearly not comparable mostly because of self damage

Chainsaw them, punch them, shoot em with rockets, BFG clears out entire rooms full of cacos
Barons are bullet sponges, cacos die in 2 rockets

Yes I did, I've beaten every doom game. I even own the OG ones for switch, which are fun because they have the gyro stuff controls so you can rotate the controller with your hands to aim and move better. Surprisingly good ports.

Attached: 1399695171792.jpg (1200x779, 359.51K)

Plasma even higher DPS and no self damage. In fact it's better than BFG in a lot of situations.

Everyone always talks about arch viles being annoying but pain elementals are literal NIGGERS I HATE THEM SO MUCH

We're talking about D1 here. The maps are so claustrophobic that you'll end up killing yourself with those rockets. There are plenty of maps where you're stuck in a small space with a caco, and your only option is to shotgun them to death. Punching only works if you have a berserk, and chainsawing cacos is a terrible idea since they don't get hitstun by it consistently, so you'll end up taking damage.

Revenant is the most annoying doom 2 enemy, but you can't hate em cuz they're cheeky buggers
Archvile is a jobber, depends how it's placed (e.g. open up an archie broom closet in a room full of corpses while you're on the other side of the map, that's niggerlicious map design)
Pain elementals instadie to BFG even in large swarms and lost souls all kill eachother, so whatever

>doom
>doom 2
>tnt
>plutonia
I beat all of these when I was 5
I am statistically better at video games than 90% of Any Forums

Attached: 1574656640363.gif (100x100, 143.7K)

They get stunlocked by chainsaw very easily, if you're a pussy chaingun has the exact same DPS but wastes ammo.
>muh slef damage
git gud scrub

>Pain elementals instadie to BFG even in large swarms
this just makes me seethe for having to waste a BFG shot on these cunts

Pain Elementals are only annoying if they float away from you. The best way to deal with them is to hug them, SSG them to death, and run into their sprite as they're dying. The lost souls despawn if they clip into the player character, so you don't have to deal with them.

>They get stunlocked by chainsaw very easily
you didn't play doom, you can stop pretending now, everyone knows that cacos dont get 100% stunlocked by the chainsaw unlike pinkies

>install uncompressed sounds mod for doom
>pistol and shotgun sound completely different
I feel like modding is cursed in a certain way almost

Archviles are probably my favorite enemy type, just because they force you to take risks, you can't just hide behind corners and let them revive the twenty Revenants you just killed, you gotta rush out there and murder him while a few dozen Chaingunners pelt you in the back, but meanwhile, you're also putting yourself in danger because there's 100 Cacodemons flying around while like 50 Mancubi shoot nukem at you. Also, the spooky wakeup sound.
I love Archviles.

uncompressing the sounds gets rid of the illusion that you're firing weapons, since the SFX aren't actually gun sound effects

You dumb nigger, if they get stunlocked by chaingun, which they do, they also get stunlocked by chainsaw because it's the same fucking gun in all respects except range

Super Shotty is the "A bunch of dudes need to fucking die and I don't have a BFG or want to kill myself" weapon. Regular shotgun should be your default roaming around weapon it kills marines and imps in one to two shots and has retarded range