This is far too comfy and way more fun than it should be

This is far too comfy and way more fun than it should be.

Attached: EGS_DeathStrandingDirectorsCut_KOJIMAPRODUCTIONS_S3_2560x1440-fe4e51f1801fba36e452aa3466625789.jpg (2560x1440, 953.88K)

You like it? You should try going out for a walk some time, graphics are amazing

you should try having sex some time

I did, I miss it

Agreed. Damn shame the directors cut didn't have an mp3 player

Kojima is too far up his own ass, that's the problem.

Also
>director's cut
>losing the monster energy meme
Th...thanks.

I'm currently playing through the original game and i've noticed the mosnter cans have gone since the DC came out. Does it automatically apply to my game if i already own it?

Agreed, what a fucking experience.

Licensing agreement probably ended so it was removed.

>no mp3 player
>blocks music from external sources
>also blocks Spotify
What was his problem?

To me Kojima and Death Stranding embody what videogame development should be all about. Trying new things to bring an interactive story with interesting gameplay, throwing conventions out of the window by letting your creativity run loose and in this regard, Kojima delivered.

Attached: The Pillars of the Gaming Industry.png (1280x670, 1.09M)

>throwing conventions out of the window
how so? it was just a standard third person shooter with inventory management. even the whole package system was undercut by the ability to auto pack. so it became a case of "don't fall over too much" at the very most.

you still have to watch were you step, manage your stamina, be careful walking through rivers, help other players etc.
It's an actual walking simulator but in the best way possible

I dunno man, the novelty of DS making simple traversal feel enjoyable and full of tension was pretty insane. I didn't think I'd like it as much as I did when I saw trailers and heard about its gameplay but everything feels so fucking tight and the gameplay works perfectly with the game's story. Yeah, the driving could get a little silly and wonky sometimes but DS is a good lesson in what most game devs can't quite seem to grasp, that keeping it simple and doing a few things well is way more impactful than being a jack of all trades. DS is pretty much entirely "get from point A to point B" outside of the optional building you can do and it feels great and honestly doesn't get old.
>standard third person shooter
If you want to boil it down to its simplest elements, sure, but that's on you, really. There's so much more to this game and you are either arguing in bad faith about it or didn't play it very long.

he wants you to take in the atmosphere dumbass

In the original version of the game, the Monster Energy drinks can be replaced if you've recently finished a contract for the Timefall Farm. It goes back to Monster Energy after a while.

Attached: 6d1.png (610x610, 295.9K)

You can say that about every game or any other media if you break them down to their bare components like that.
The novelty in DS is the whole assemblage of those components.

It's one of those games I think people will appreciate over time. The biggest issue is that it was delayed forever and it's Kojima's big game after Konami so it had a shit ton of hype. People thought they'd be getting another MGS, but got this instead.

I thought it was shit too, but I ended up playing it and having a lot of fun simply walking and trying to manage. I walk a bunch in real life and go through hikes and shit, so I kind of get what he was going for.

How much am I missing if I'm going to play offline?

It will be regarded as a classic in 5-10 years’ time

Honestly a fucking whole lot. Maybe it was because I played it during the thick of covid and its themes and messages really play well with that shit, but I loved the multiplayer aspect. Seeing little messages, getting mine rated, and building structures together or for others to use was always a blast. Definitely still play it even if it is online, but if at all possible, do it while connected.

That's a weird way of saying pretentious boring walking simulator