Are you happy Squenix is doing something different in the era of remake saturation or do you still want an actual...

Are you happy Squenix is doing something different in the era of remake saturation or do you still want an actual remake?

Attached: images - 2022-06-16T222636.981.jpg (741x414, 24.13K)

It's too late for an actual remake, so who cares.

That trailer basically showed what FF7R was. Characters walking in a straight line during dialog with nothing interesting happening.

>Characters walking in a straight line during dialog with nothing interesting happening.
So a JRPG

I'm happy that this game will flop even harder than the first one because they can't fool anyone into thinking this is a real remake anymore. That nostalgia money they got from the first is gonna dry up in this one.
And, of course, signing an exclusivity bribe for a console with an install base that consists of about 70% scalpers. But I guess that's the entire point of the bribe, the game makes money before even hitting the stores.
And there's always Epic to buy it again a year or two later.

Attached: 1595557018751.gif (181x179, 234.85K)

I wanted an actual remake and i'm still mind blown people accepted the fact that Square enix is going to sell them the remake in 4 parts, which means that they not only will have to wait until like 2030 for the game to be finished but will have to pay $70 for each part.

They made it so the original game which was made in what, 1 or 2 years? Takes them a decade to be made and come out AND get to charge $280 for it.

Attached: Cloud rights.jpg (930x859, 83.38K)

Truth.

Don't bring an entire genre down because of one shitty remake.

I'm glad I get to save $280 plus tax.

Different. People like things being mixed up such as Spiderman movies. The original already exists. If you want a remake play the mobile f2p bait game.

Ok Nomura do whatever you want with the remake but Cloud better still beat the shit out of Aerith at the temple of the ancients

I respect them for doing something different but the best part of part 1 was the 100% faithful bit and anything new was horrible

i love what they're doing. i tend to think remakes should be reserved for either flawed games that could really benefit from another glance or games that were previously japan-only, but if the industry MUST remake their most iconic and accessible titles, there's no excuse for them not to be as ambitious and daring as ff7r is. i don't want to play the same old shit all over again and anyone who does is a consoomer.

Attached: 1606370670129.png (455x332, 252.4K)

>is doing something different
How is milking the same old characters for the nth time something different? Nintendo has been doing it for decades.

nomura has done nothing but "something different" and all his "something differents" suck because his autistic ideas are fucking terrible and he's a garbage director.

Some games really do need remakes after 20 years. FF7 is being actively denied that in lieu of a sequel/reimagining. The "groundbreaking classic" that 90s kids fell in love with is still a blocky janky mess and gets harder and harder to recommend to normies. A lot of early 3D games need a facelift, and a faithful remake with no changes is exactly what they need.
Remakes like the Last of Us 1 and Pokemon Briliant Diamond/Shining Pearl are completely unnecessary. There is a difference between "we need more money for an arguably worse product" and "a legendary old product needs to be remade to bring it up to modern visual and gameplay standards"

Attached: e7567dc1f04beade8d0a057ee73c5756.jpg (311x372, 22.66K)

If you want to play the old FF7 then go play it

I’m glad to have some new material in the same universe.

>part one was only ever not shit when it was copying the original 1:1
>that's not a possibility anymore because the jig is up and everything from here on out is fanfiction
Square is doing something different, alright. Crystal meth.

Attached: 1647277210244.jpg (648x484, 57.79K)

>Some games really do need remakes
No they don't.
Move on with your life, play new games, enjoy new things, etc... Stop living in the past.

Then don't market your sequel as a fucking remake. I'll accept many things, but Square baiting people when they wanted to do yet another kingdom hearts vomit fest of exposition and confusion was dogshit and the sales for Rebirth will fall off a cliff

I'm getting goddess Aerith, so whatever.

Attached: FVaK3bYaQAEtkPj[1].jpg (2000x1125, 136.75K)

Room temperature iq take. Classic games deserve to be preserved as they were and also deserve to be remade into the pinnacle of what they could have been. There is no better feeling than playing a remake of an old game that absolutely nails EVERYTHING. A good remake makes the game look and play how you remember it, while keeping it faithful. Arbitrarily changing shit for the sake of mystery is pointless. Read a fanfic at that point.

It's a good decision.
Releasing an actual faithful remake in 3 parts would've been a horrible decision.
If it has to be a trilogy then doing it this way is the best outcome.
People like me would've just waited for part 3 to release to buy part 1 since i already know the story.
Now that i no longer know the story, i have a reason to play part 2 when it comes out instead of waiting.

They explicitly stated it wasn't a conventional remake before it was released, of course dumb uninformed consumers ignored that instead of doing a modicum of research. I'd prefer it if it was a faithful remake of the original, and one god damn game instead of 3, but the onus here is on anyone who didn't spend 30 seconds researching a game before buying it.

What a worthless post, apply yourself

Those were the worst parts of the Part 1. So boring and wannabe a shitty Naughty Dog game.

So they're just copying Avengers with the different timelines?

Grow up.

They are going to flip everything on its head.

Instead of Cloud being an imposter, Tifa will be the one who is impersonating somebody else.

Aerith will be the one to rescue Cloud from mako-coma.

Attached: 1634999980161.jpg (1920x1429, 306.58K)

Alright, show me. Show me where it's explicitly stated. Not some article in some shitty magazine interview in nip, show me a clear part of the broader marketing campaign that EXPLICITLY states this was a quasi sequel. I'll wait patiently for your non-reply

Ironic.

>Kiseki pic, wants to be taken seriously.
Fuck off honestly. FFVII is perfectly fine the way it is and doesn't need crappy fetc quests, awful pacing and multiple games with shitty writting like your series, ok?
That also includes most of the FFs from the Snes and PS1 era, they work as a standalone product.

>wasn't a conventional remake
Why did we get a sequel then?