This game was unironically ruined by the devs politics...

This game was unironically ruined by the devs politics. The world building is nearly interesting but then I immediately get taken out of it the minute the devs blatantly shoehorned in political leanings rear their ugly head. It wouldn't be so bad if they were subtle but they aren't.

Attached: DE.jpg (1200x1600, 936.82K)

What did they do?

Welcome to Revachol.

Pretty much everyone who isn't a gay communist is a caricature, or eventually shills communism

Why do leftists feel a need to insert politics into everything?

>Why did you insert politics in your game about communism
rightoids are so dumb

Attached: FTOlZFnVIAAE6MC.jpg (500x375, 40.71K)

why would you make a game about communism

The communists are also caricatures, your perspective is just so warped by your reactionary politics that blatant satire is what you think a typical communist looks like.

They're Estonian.

maybe ask the devs that

its not
why did you stop taking your medication again?

>They're Estonian.
That makes it even more egregious, they should know better.

They're not Estonian, the leader writer has lived in Brighton for most of his life. The studio is based in London.
The writer is a trust-fund kid from Estonia, but, that's the only relation to Estonia they have, and most certainly not the 'communist' parts of Estonia.

It's a game about life in essentially a post-Soviet shithole. Why do you instantly assume a game about communism is pro-communism?

It's actually pretty funny and I'm crypto fascist at least

Maybe take life less seriously? People fly off the fucking handle every time they see a communist I got news for you a lot of ppl are commies

Disco Elysium:
communists are LE BAD
AltRighters LE BAD
Liberals LE BAD
Everything is LE BAD

Attached: bt.png (249x203, 68.28K)

>This game was unironically ruined by the devs politics.

Nah.
The game is garbage on its own. If you take away the communist commentary then you're left with nothing
The game doesn't do anything right.
Not the roleplaying
Not the story
Not the ending
Not the characters
Not even the gameplay which revolves around making sure you interact with the world around you and have enough of certain stat to pass the check without fucking up.

The devs just wanted to write a funny communist essay and were forced to do it under the guise of an inside out meets noir parody. It was dishonest and shitty but the game could have been good if they had cared about the story, the commentary is irrelevant because even communists are allowed to make commie games, players however should be warned the devs cared more about insulting the opposition than providing a satisfactory experience.

>The communists are also caricatures

Lol no. Every single communist character, even Evrart, is an actual human being. They are flawed but despite that they have their dreams, their story, their relationships. They are actual living beings in a world that is alive and in a plot in which you're forced to interact with every single communist character.

Meanwhile every single fascist character is just a background joke you don't even have to click on. Measure head is AT BEST the only NPC you're forced to meet, and even then you can just use Cuno's hideout near the hanged man to completly avoid him. Meanwhile you can't avoid Evrart, Titus, The Hardy Boys, Ruby and the Deserter.

I dunno why you guys can't admit the game is bias. It's ok for communists to have their own games, you don't need to lie to people or troll to try and pick up a fight on Any Forums.

Attached: Harry Du Bois.jpg (2214x3072, 722.74K)

You can literally ignore every single political thought and get the same ending as everybody else.

Attached: 1640974321572.jpg (484x571, 53.97K)

>another dogshit DE thread
woohoooooo

You take that shit back, right FUCKING now.

Attached: edGun.jpg (640x482, 30.9K)

Only thing i had problem with was how the thoughts would randomly talk to you about random shit because 1 dialogue choice you made in some casual conversation

>Evrart
>communist
???

>show shit society falling apart where nothing works
>hey it's pro communism because I'm forced to interact with communist leaning characters!
get a fucking life, retard. The true joke is that commies get the shitty reality they live in. Yes, they show themselves as "human", but they live in a fucking slum as a consequence of their own fucking ideology.

Its not one dialogue choice.
And its supposed to be some random fucking thought that shoots through your schizo cop brain.
You are also perfectly free to tell the thought to fuck off.
Or accept the thought but never internalize it to open up more dialogue options.

Take note:
if Journalists and e-celebs say a game is a 10/10 then the game is probably shit

Attached: homer.jpg (480x360, 30.24K)

What did he mean by this

>They represented neo-liberals badly because they are evil
>Reagan is directly responsible for the deaths of millions of americans
>Reagan funded genocides in south america

A hit dog will holler

This is the only thing that bothered me as well. I'm just bopping along and it's "YOU LIKE THE HARD STUFF BROTHER"

I fucked something up second playthrough and ended up explaining the cock carousel to Gart. At least the faggot finally gave me a drink. Not even mad.

Attached: 1641851822387.png (133x187, 52.78K)

I thought that was great. That system of discovery>interaction>internalization>integration is great and what made me love the game. You are not a clown cop by your actions but by your thoughts also, it's amazing.

>The game doesn't do anything right, not the roleplaying, not the story, not the characters.
Say what you want about this game but this is just bullshit

>paying attention to e-celebs and journalist
Why would you do that?
Are you unable to form a genuine opinion with it being reactionary?

does this game run good on switch
or runs like shit?

jokes on you i haven't seen a single person talk about this game outside of here

You're not wrong, but come on. It pops up seemingly randomly and of course you're going to entertain it. Then it adds something to the Thought Cabinent. It always happens early in the game and the Cabinent mechanic is poorly explained in game.

The main reason retards see it as political is because of that shit, and you can't really blame them.

It runs on my toaster of a laptop.
Honestly though its a point and click style game so I can't imagine a controller being a very good control scheme.

>devs unironically thank Marx when accepting their VGA
Remember to pirate this game so as not to perpetuate exploitative system of capitalism, comrades

idk, but it runs fine on ps4 and they patched it a few months ago so the load times arent horrible anymore. i dont see why itd be worse on switch

Attached: 1639135394926.jpg (540x720, 53.59K)

Game development tends to attract limp wristed nerds with rich parents, same as communism

He is a communist. You don't get to gate keep communism.

Attached: The Fat Man.png (1024x1079, 1.8M)

It's whatever, there are tons of CRPG games to play, losing one to bullshit ain't a big deal. I think it looks like a great game but I don't do culture war crap so I passed on it.

It's not culture war, that's just retarded shit illiterates and trolls say.

I'm sure

>as a consequence of their own fucking ideology.

You didn't play the game.

Prove me wrong if you can.
The game is shit at roleplaying, nothing you say or do matters, there are no choices, there's just one ending, your dialogue options are ignored no matter what you pick or what you do. If your harry is fascist, communist, etc is irrelevant all NPCs react to you all the same, just brush off whatever crazy shit Harry said and go back to the topic at hand.

And you can't disagree the story is garbage, it literally spat on the number one thing you CAN'T DO in murder mysteries, never introduce the killer until the end. You can't lure the player in with a "the butler did it" only to have the villain be some old dude in an island, it's insulting. People were outraged that Heavy Rain lied to the player by telling them the detective wasn't the killer, but oops it was. Here they set the stage as "one of the characters you met is the killer! find who!" only to find out nobody was the killer there.

And none of the characters are good, at best Klaasje and Cuno have some depth, all the other ones are shallow, specially non commie characters.

Attached: The Return.jpg (1018x1080, 371.04K)

There is on true communist in the game and he says Evart is a fraud. Evart is just a crook first and foremost, the communist stuff is literal wrapping paper. And no this is not a "no true communist" kind of situation.

Be the fool if you want to user, I can't stop you. It's only one of the current greatest RPGs, if Underrail is top notch for combat and world building, Disco Elysium is top notch for role playing and world buidling.

>moments in vidya that women will never understand

I terminated yours. Don't you remember? You poor fuck. Poverty-stricken fuck.

Attached: 1641861772603.jpg (1024x726, 189.51K)

People always say this to me, and then I play [insert game] they are enthusing over and I end up sitting through the exact bullshit I said I didn't like. I don't give people the benefit of the doubt anymore because the track record isn't there.

I hate how every single piece of fanart always makes Kim resemble a human being because they know his actual canonical appearance is that of a gross deformed chink bug incel. Every single fanart always gives him a jaw and a non recesive chin, they always avoid his terrible hairline and try to make his nose less jewish, add up to that they try to make his skin smooth.

People truly can't stand a character they like being ugly so they need to change him. Hilarious.

Attached: The Partner.jpg (2214x3072, 533.69K)

What is the bullshit you don't like. If it's there, I'll tell ya.

Oh look another braindead Redditor takes politics completely seriously at all times and gets mad the funny Slav detective game doesn't take politics seriously at all