My story with Sonic

Sonic makes me fucking sad, man.
The community was blooming in the 2000s. It was the biggest weaboo/furry shithole you could imagine. All the passion for the characters, all the cringey shit art of very obvious Sonic X traces, alongside some genuinely talented artists of the time, it was quite the era to live in, quite personally. Sonic might've hit the shitter during the mid end of the decade, but while it hurt, there was a genuine sense of community still, I mean, fuck, Sonic Shorts was made at that point exactly, but it gave us a lot of brevity.
The start of the 2010s instantly started a major divide from what a lot of me and my friends liked. Sonic 4 hyped up all the oldfags, but many saw that it was shit from the verh beginning, and that was confirmed with the leaked beta. Somehow though, journalists loved it, and some oldfags ate it the fuck up, merely on principle of the name.
Then Sonic Colours came out, same fucking reaction. Oldfags loved it for being basic, journalists loved it cause they're retarded, while a lot of us were here asking why Sonic was so fucking annoying, or why he was talking to innanimate scraps of metal, or why the game was clearly directed for toddlers.
When generations came out, it was a giant celebration, it was only really the aftermath that caused a giant divide.
>wtf is this?
This is a setup to the personal reason that Sonic makes me sad. Keep reading or shove a matchstick up your dickhole, I don't care.

Attached: artworks-000303095673-mpf2k3-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 46.98K)

So, obviously you heard me mention some friends. These are people I met up on Sonic Blast at around 2004 or so. I was twelve, you can guess which side of the community I was more attached to. It was all a very fun and easy ride, especially on the latter end of the 2000s where I started using skype just for these few specific people. I'm not gonna be a redditfag and name them, all you need to know is that two girls and a guy were ocfags and my closest friends at the time, with five other people being either genesisfags or general fans. One played music, he never went anywhere though.
So, essentially, You can do basic math and see that I was getting older when the 2010s rolled around, we were all doing important shit in our lives, one motherfucker even had a girlfriend somehow despite acting like a total sperg.
In any case, Generations, yes. That game officially recognized the genesis games via "classic sonic". This was a major divide between not just the community inngeneral, but my group of friends too. Nothing major, obviously, except one person repeatedly screaming something amongst the lines of "GET FUCKED FURRY FAGGOT" once the trailer dropped. He said he was joking back then, but I mean...

Attached: 6a6.jpg (600x1023, 74.89K)

TL;DR OP is a fag and wants to rape or be raped by animals

Just be true to yourself man.

As sonic 4 episode 2 rolled around, the last thing I cared about was the game. I honestly felt kinda embarassed to be such a sonic obsessed autist, these were quite literally the only people I ever felt comfortable talking with, but something was off.
I was an adult, yet I had no job, no ambitions, no significant other, all I gave a shit about was the next Sonic game bringing back ryan drummond, or Sonic X getting a fourth season. It seems a little silly, but it really was just a bad time for me to be alive. My friends did give me company, even though two fucked off due to their personal lives EXISTING, unlike mine.
Even the other OCfags were starting to get out of touch with the series, they certainly weren't as eccentric as they used to, they weren't 14 anymore.

Attached: juhy0x5zdsb61.png (674x1024, 457.71K)

2013 rolled around, and we are introduced to some shitty tube game that's ripping off Mario. Sonic Lost World was yet another example of faggots just IMMEDIATELY defending shit. You thought the fuckers who defended sonic 4's physics were bad? Lost World was the first major time that Sonic discussion started getting infested by shills.
>the game is not slow, bitch, just spindash throughout it
>it's nooott mario galaxy, sonic has had planetoids before
>You just hate it cause it's not booostttt googogogogagaga
It was extremely fucking annoying, and a lot of my friends considered me a negative bitch about it, only really two agreed with me, and it was only about the story and voices sucking dick, like the last few games.
It sounds stupid, but this is where it all gets bad.
As Sonic Boom is revealed, everyone is theorizing about being a spiritual successor to the adventure games, or how the new redesigns look fucking awful...I was that guy.
Yet again everyone called me a negative nancy, our group, which consisted of only five people now due to everyone bailing due to life getting complicated, was all for Sonic Boom...

Attached: sddefault.jpg (640x480, 33K)

We had long since stopped using sonic blast, forums were basically fucking dead anyway. I was extremely bitter, I did find a few other interests, but I always came back to the Sonic Series because I felt like my mood depended on it. It wasn't like I could just stop everything and leave, this was where I belonged...then I saw Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric...I didn't buy it, fuck no.
I'm not gonna bitch about it, I'm just gonna say that seeing another complete catastrophe release not even 10 years after Sonic 06, in an era where most of the community was divided, yeah no, I had enough.
I stayed until 2015, where I noticed that it was all about sonic boom.
I felt like if every other person my age was leaving due to "life", I would too. I was like fucking 23, enough was enough. I said I'd log off for a long time and that I'd return in a few months. Can't tell if the ocfag was sad or if she was just tired that day.
So I stopped talking to them...not much else happened though. I got a job flipping burgers, that's it. I still felt like this was the right choice, since I felt antagonized by my own friends...maybe it just couldn't go on anymore.

Attached: C9xnvLaW0AQJXot.jpg (500x381, 30.83K)

tl;dr
this site is not your blog
i will always love sonic because he's cool as fuck, simple as.

Attached: file.png (500x650, 330.68K)

I returned a year later in 2016 when I found and watched the sonic mania and sonic forces reveal stream (the one that beeped the fuck out). It was extremely exciting honestly, so I logged back into that old account only to find out that the skype group was fucking dead. Thankfully I had them all on my contacts there, they just told me they moved to discord.
I joined and I'm greeted to...surprisingly enough six people, the other ocfag was back and a new guy was there. They had made a small server instead of a group, and even if I prefer groups it was a decent setup.
It was a surprisingly fun time to be alive, those new games peaked my interest.
We actually spent long nights just talking, not even always sonic related, we just finally started having fun again.
When forces showed off the gameplay I immediately lost interest in the game, but the story still interested me greatly. When the avatar was revealed I shat bricks, and I know, retarded, but still, we were both self aware and not at the same time.
Sonic Mania came out and I immediately noticed that it had like no new content and that I had no reason to replay it over the originals, I have not played it since launch...

Attached: hqdefault (2).jpg (480x360, 20.79K)

When Sonic Forces came out, I had no expectation for the game. I had spent the last few months hearing fuckwads defend the shitty gameplay and I did not care, all I genuinely wanted was to see the story unfold. My friend got it, he streamed it on disc, and little did you know it was the biggest insult possible.
This time though, I had my friends around, it wasn't such a desperate time...
Then one of my friends ended up being a child groomer. Yeah, that new guy I mentioned? He was 15, the ocfag was grooming him. Having fun? I sure wasn't, because after a long fucking rant about her, I had left just as I came back, with my chest pumped.

Attached: Eki5Ax5WMAAu4I-.png (640x480, 326.73K)

Too bad it aged the worse LOL

Attached: classic chads.png (1040x935, 1.13M)

It was probably not a wise choice, honestly I'd call it completely fucking stupid to leave everyone again just because of her, but that's just how it went, some things can't just be avoided.
After that, I merely enjoyed video games in a vaccum. I just worked my 5 to 8, came home to pwn faggots on counter strike, and maybe dust sonic riders off for a few minutes. I don't know why I liked THAT one so much, I just did.
My only sonic knowledge was through those news channels every few months or so, and personally it looked like nothing had changed for about 3 years. There was a racing game but I genuinely couldn't give less of a fuck. I was done.

Attached: actor-dr-ivo-robotnik-stc-422459_large.jpg (427x600, 64.71K)

i think ur a fag

Fast forward to today. I saw some of that Sonic Frontiers footage and all I could think was "wow, this is shit".
I then looked at all the little faggots defending it, excusing how shitty it looks, game footage not final, all that shit.
At some point though, it crossed my mind. These kids haven't lived through a sonic period like me. Some of these kids are like 13, by the time they were old enough to hold a controller, all the good games were ancient, and by checking wikipedia to make sure, yeah I'm 100% sure they had no new sonic games to buy, I don't know how they are fans of this series honestly, there is nothing.
I don't know why, but the sonic series just reminds me of how fucking old I am, and how I basically fucked myself over. I am a pathetic loser, and the sonic series reminds me of a time that kept me happy, but a time that will also never be replicated again.
Is it due to my lack of naivete? Am I just old? Or do I feel bad for the spoils the future generation will never enjoy?

Attached: 4e9bd5abb62e77e4d61da89546054076.jpg (600x546, 34.2K)

> The 4 horsemen of the Sonocolypse

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

Retard

I bet the ocfag is hot as fuck

Good post user

a little, yes

Attached: images (1).jpg (225x225, 7.22K)

post their ocs

nice blog post faggot