Halo Infinite kinda sucks but i like the new modes

Halo Infinite kinda sucks but i like the new modes

Maybe its cause the challenges for Land Grab are actually reasonable to accomplish

Attached: halo-infinite-season-2-lone-wolves.jpg (1920x1080, 342.67K)

Land Grab is kinda lame. You barely have to fight people, and can just run around collecting hills.

>Still dying to guns and melee attacks after ive already killed the opponent

Splatoon 3 has competition

Attached: 1643505331668.png (1290x907, 1.03M)

>Halo Infinite kinda sucks
why? explain it to someone who's been away from their good PC for a year and hasn't been able to try it

Me too

Lack of maps, shitty monetization (which theyre slowly doing again), constantly desync issues, hitreg issues, matches taking ages to load into and sometimes just disconnect, the challenge system has a lot of terrible challenges to incentivize you to swap them out

It has the worst netcode any Halo game has ever had. There will be matches where you fire a rocket point blank at someone and they take no damage.
You will die behind cover/around a wall in every single game because the lag compensation algorithm is also super busted.
Most of the weapons suck - compounded on top of that, they brought back RNG Bloom from Reach and Bullet Spread from 3 for a bunch of weapons including your starting pistol and the fucking SNIPER. 343 ought to be lined up against a wall and shot for this disgrace alone.
On PC the game is severely un-optimized. If you don't set your max framerate and minimum framrate to the same number your CPU usage will consistently spike up to 100% for no reason even on good hardware (talking GTX 3000 series here and Ryzen CPUs).
On PC you don't get aim assist which all the guns were designed around - someone ran some numbers and found that average KBM accuracy was 39% compared to average controller accuracy being 47%. In any case since there's no option to opt out of crossplay, the PC population is dead and you will be relentlessly killed by console players. Furthermore, the Sniper has NEGATIVE aim assist on PC when not scoping in, as in the game will literally shove your crosshair away from an enemy in order to try to deny you a kill.
Lack of good maps - all the maps suck, even the BTB ones. For the BTB ones there's so many obstacles/cover/environmental objects that using vehicles is pretty much pointless. For the small arena maps almost all of them are terribly unbalanced asymmetrical ones that blatantly favor one team with sightlines, power weapon locations, better pickup weapons, etc.

There is no reason to play Infinite on PC in comparison to MCC.

People also still literally cheat especially in modes like swat. Being F2P means you will just keep running into cheaters who dont even try to hide it.

I can't believe it... what were they doing the whole time they were making it if it's still so fundamentally broken?

It's obvious that they spent most of the dev time on
1) Their new engine
2) Figuring out how to work the campaign (first semi-open world Halo game after all)
3) Graphics

Multiplayer was just an afterthought. It took, what, 5 months to get SWAT in? Infection isn't in. Action Sack isn't in. We only got Team Snipers like 2 weeks ago. Only 2 new maps for the next 6 months and Forge STILL isn't ready.
Couple that with the insane turnover (so many multiplayer devs have quit) and the game is basically the Tortanic of Halo except there's no redemption arc.

That's clear as day but I'm not complaining, it's about time the campaign has the most dev time on it like Bungie's games.

Attached: swerb98udo191.jpg (1355x917, 118.73K)

still not playing until they give me ASS BACK!!!!!

Attached: shovel_ass.jfif.jpg (959x436, 149.52K)

>Campaign had most dev time
>They couldn't come up with more locations than Forerunner Grey Underground Structure and Generic Halo Installation Forest
The gameplay variety is dogshit compared to even Halo Reach which came out over a decade ago. 343 is a massive joke. I'll give them props for attempting to reset their shitty story but that was the bare minimum.

Microsoft is a trillion dollar company buying studios left and right, HOW are they underresourced

They should retcon everything, story wise, from 3 and move on from there. That's the only way they can even begin to unfuck their shit up. They should leave chief stranded.

Bonobo

Have they fixed pc performance yet? Infinite shit on my rx580 like no other game has. 30fps was a struggle

>343
>Fixing things for pc players

I think I've finally stopped caring about the game. It gets me more frustrated than anything else for some reason and now that the honey moon phase is long over I can see and accept it's not where it's supposed to be. I'll get back into it whenever they add cross-core customization

They switched to dedicated servers for peers to load in connected to but you aren't allowed to choose which you use. Depending on the time of day and random chance the game will connect you across the planet and force you to play in 200+ ping while local servers are sitting there available for you. The old solution to this was to just block overseas servers but the latest update bans you from all multiplayer if you do that so 200 ping matches are intended apparently.

From Halo 1 to Halo 5 you started off with a godly well rounded pistol/battle rifle that was good in all situation so the entire match becomes a battle rifle fest.

Infinite is the first game where you have to actually pick up ranged weapon from the battle rifle to the often misunderstood commando.

Attached: 1652389051365.jpg (540x960, 71.04K)

Hiring Indian contractors instead of actually building a team of competent workers because then they would have to provide them benefits

>HOW are they underresourced
343 is a company purpose built to create more Halo games but has never had any staff directing the ship that understood Halo. Despite all the problems Infinite is the closest they've gotten to the Halo multiplayer formula. Too bad they didn't also have map designers that were any good.

Infinite's fun Reach had slow ass gimped gameplay on top of fighting in some arena 30 times with constant button presses and shit weapons and some of the worst vehicle encounters in the series. Reach has one of the worst campaigns in the entire series.