Time to trigger some boomers and make a vidya thread...

Time to trigger some boomers and make a vidya thread. What are some games that tickle your interest in firearms/weaponry?

Attached: capsule_616x353 (1).jpg (616x353, 89.26K)

verdun

Attached: file.png (720x1080, 1019.89K)

I wish those fucks sat down and polished one of their fronts instead of churning out what's going to be a third half baked mess in Isonzo

Guess this is thread might be ok for this question. Is there any (good) strategy game that has satisfying artillery? I really like using the Basilisks in Dawn of War, but I've spent so much time in that one that I feel guilty if I keep playing it rather than trying out new shit.

Attached: 1654094344288.jpg (913x1000, 157.01K)

In Men of War, Assault Squad 2 you can have mortar teams that are fairly satisfying and effective. Fairly simple mechanics though, and they don't go in-depth.

Gates of Hell: Ostfront has a decent feel as far as artillery goes, although the howitzer accuracy bothers me

ArmA has arguably one of the best depictions of artillery on a tactical scale though you'll need to use a mod to get a system that does it the old fashioned way rather than "artillery computer".
ArmA in general makes support weapons feel very powerful, with even 82mm mortars capable of dealing a lot of damage in a very wide radius, with 230mm rocket artillery capable of erasing half a town.

Attached: Invictus_3.jpg (1024x852, 213.2K)

Can’t wait for Darktide, bros

WORLD IN CONFLICT

>Assault Squad 2
I might give that one a try, although I didn't enjoy Vietnam much. Is Call to Arms a considerable improvement to the type of games by the way? I was interested in modern combat but Vietnam really put me off.

>ArmA
Not my type of game unfortunately. The only simulator type game i've enjoyed was that tank game demo recently but that's because I'm just into driving the tanks really.

Man a friend of mine mentions that game all the time and I always forget to try it out, I'll grab it now.

I've enjoyed both the vermintides. I like that you can create your own character in Darktide.

The government isn’t trying to regulate PC gamers yet but I’ll be pre ordering it later. I’ve spent a couple hundred hours in VT2 and will start playing again when Sienna gets her DLC
Fat

Never getting released. Sadly. Go play Necromunda or sumthng.

Attached: walking your cats.gif (480x270, 2.47M)

It’s coming out a few days after 9/11, Necromunda took a few days to finish. It was a fun Doom clone but Doom didn’t have reloads which made the gameplay slower.

Based, this and Tannenberg. I preordered Isonzo and I’m extremely hyped that it’s releasing a week before my birthday. Not some vidya faggot, but I do love my historical games

Far Cry 2 may be up to its tits in inaccuracies about guns but it's overall depiction of never ending conflicts and arms trading is very good. Plus after a certain point the fuck ups stop being annoying and start being hilarious. Honest to God first time I saw the 1903 reload I laughed my ass off. Plus it satisfies my inner pyromaniac

I am excited for Splatoon 3. I have a few hundred hours in the first 2 and the third one looks like more of what I like.

The "people floating 100 feet in the air and then suddenly falling to their death" bug has never been fixed. I completed an assassination mission without ever seeing the target because he died this way.

So is this game online only or is there SP to it. I just hate the idea of getting invested into a game only to find out it's online only then dies a few years later with no support at least until some third party solution comes out.

Unironically Doom. Casual multiplayer sucks these days, and even single player games that try to be realistic still end with you playing as a super soldier who slaughters near endless amounts of enemies. So why not play a game that embraces that you're going to be playing as death incarnate and doesn't try to come off as realistic?

Attached: RIP AND TEAR.jpg (293x240, 34.65K)

you need to enable vsync
above 60 fps the game becomes extremely weird and people bounce up and down as they walk

pretty much online only. the game has been out for over 3 years. has a very loyal small base, with population booms during events

>no mention of the obvious
you already know

Attached: image0_18.png (568x426, 603.96K)

>fps
Hell let loose has artillery guns you can operate yourself. You fire enemy markers placed by team members on the map. It's damn satisfying and devastating if left unchecked. BUT sometimes recons will come to assasinate you.
Squad has assortments of mortars which are decent but you don't get a kill feedback so you don't know if you are shooting effectively unlesss someone tells you.
>strat
I would say C&C Generals, C&C Tiberian Sun, SC2 have decently satisfying siege/artillery units. SC2 has some good defense/co-op user made maps that make it all the more fun.
Wargame Red Dragon has semi-realistic arty game play with artys from both NATO and WARSAW. But you need some experience with the game to be effective. Otherwise you turn into supply wasting nigger.
If you don't mind the spreadsheet gameplays, play HoI4 (or even better, HoI3) spam divisions with arty battalions and SPGs and rocket trucks. It's fun as hell to blast through enemy lines with sheer firepower.

Company of Heroes, any of the men of war games, RUSE the Wargame series, steel division, and if you wanna get turbo autistic I believe the close combat games some let you call in strikes.

i really like this game. i wish i had some friends that played it :(

Call to arms is cool, get it cheap on a sale, since the devs kind dropped support for it after releasing a new game.

Attached: 4coc0q.webm (1066x600, 2.8M)

Not the artillery you’re looking for, but the onager from Rome and Rome 2 Total War kicks ass

If that helo didn't look like such shit I wouldn't even be able to tell it was a render! So realistic!

I wish i had friends at all

Combat Mission Black Sea has the absolute best artillery/CAS system. Its realistically frustrating in that you need direct line of sight from your controllers and then like 5 minutes for the fire mission to come through and get talked on, but its super satisfying, especially with the sound mods

Attached: cmbscolumnarty.png (2560x1440, 3.81M)

its a photo, weird seether

What was that “/k/“ game being developed by that massive faggot who can’t take criticism or input?

HM HM HM HMMMMM

me too bro

Does Anyone else want a sequel to this game set in the 1930's? Maybe the 1960's at latest.

>Necromunda
>Doom Eternal clone
That should have Warhammer 40,000: Eversor, the game play completely fits combat style I think a Eversor would have, and would explain all the argument haxx.
>only dialog player character has is WRYYYYYYYYY

Sounds cool with maybe a more international setting so you can see more places even though the swamp is an atmospheric. 1930s wepons would have even more autoloader/full autos and i dont know how the gameplay would have to change to balance them.

Now kith

There is some single player content but, the whole point of the game is to play online against other players. As the other user said, this game has been out for awhile. The population appears to be slowly increasing over time. There are spikes during events and new content.

Some friends got me into this but, they don't play enough for me. I have been doing trios with randoms and had really good luck.

>you don't get a kill feedback
>>Tab>>personal state
Very quick way to check if you are shooting effectively

>autoloaders/automatics
There are very easy ways to balance weapons in game but developers rarely do it.
>reload speed
Most games have stupid fast reloads, slow down reloads, increase recoil to prevent spamming, make those weapons and their mags costly to lose/bring along. Some contracts you might just NEED a Colt Monitor and 4 mags, but for most jobs you won't.
>reliability
Getting muddy should do more than cosmetic changes, making the player either take a longer route or clean the weapon or suffer a chance for malfunction.

>Get Puma
>Shoot 50 APFSDS into a guy wearing an Altyn at 50m away to kill him
>Switch to 30mm HE
>Only get 90 shots
>MBT"s are locked behind a level so I have to grind Germany with only Puma as my main armor
rough game, glad I bought the Ostfront bundle, Call to Arms modern setting was cool though, wish it was as polished as Ostfront.

I pretty much only play BF1 out of complacency, but I feel that I need to get something new because I'm getting sick of it. How do you guys like arma? Is arma 3 the best one?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Anomaly

Comfy thought process.

>The government isn’t trying to regulate PC gamers yet but I’ll be pre ordering it later.
Strap you gayfoil hat on the waterfilter is making the tadpoles dilate. It's because the gubbermint stole your manifesto on returning to the gold standard and gave it to the UFOs that probed your miladys anus. Fucking skitzo fag

I see the summerfags are here already

>I see the summerfags are here already
Its been summer since 2016.

I need too stop "playing" this. It's a goddamn time vampire.

Attached: 576757878686867.png (3840x2160, 3.53M)

When did vidya threads start triggering people?
I remember back in 2019 that they were perfectly fine.

day of infamy. just hate that servers are only really populated at euro gaming times

>endless Ukraine spam
>countless retarded noguns questions
>threads that are just reddit/twitter screencaps
All that you're fine with, but the moment somebody makes a vidya thread you start seething about it and larp as an oldfag.

Hunt Showdown and Tarkov. Especially the weapon building in Tarkov is pretty cool. Only thing is that the recoil of most guns (especially those without expensive attachments) is utterly ridiculous and uncontrollable

What the hell is that user?

Consensual relationship between a man and his deer wife you uncultured swine

what about my post made you think I was fine with any of that. retard.

Attached: 1638330168863.jpg (745x721, 426.6K)

Just picked up Rule the Waves 2 and I have been addicted. Wanted to get a feel for Naval simulation before the third one comes out in October.

Attached: RN.jpg (820x595, 774.35K)

Ahhhhhhhh okay dokie

>What are some games that tickle your interest in firearms/weaponry?
I'm currently playing through the first F.E.A.R. and its expansions. I consider it to be quite /k/, and it holds up remarkably well for a game that's nearly two decades old.
>A genuinely spooky atmosphere with great lighting and music;
>Strong J-horror influences when even the Japanese themselves were influenced by Western horror -- a better American adaptation of Ring than the 2002 film.
>Interesting story-line that points out the problems with unchecked scientific experimentation and the military-industrial complex (Armacham is a stand-in for Lockheed-Martin and Boeing), even if it is, admittedly, ripping off Akira;
>Get to do tacticool X-Files shit (for a few minutes before all hell breaks loose).
>Some of the best weapons in video game history (especially the shotgun and particle weapon) combined with cool John Woo and Matrix-inspired gunplay, immersive particle effects and enemy AI that actually feels fun to fight compared to more modern shooters;
>Cute psychic ghost waifu.

Attached: fear.jpg (1920x1080, 253.03K)

Syphon Filter needs a reboot so bad. Omega Strain was such a let down but there was so many guns. Sony just let it die.

Bump
Been having a blast with Arma Reforger. But holy shit does that game suck complete ass. I'm only forgiving it because I'm a console player who never played any of the other Arma/OF games or any realistic shooter / milsim game in general

>user, i'm a little busy right now
>you can drop your spaghetti at me once i'm done retaking the Kurils

Attached: 456478867867.png (3840x2160, 3.97M)

based

Attached: doi3.webm (1080x608, 2.42M)

This. syphon filter was objectively a top tier game.

What's the obsession with hunt and noguns thinking the gunplay is actually good? It's not.

*KABOOM*
"AAAH CYKA BLYYAAAT"

Attached: 345356464.png (3840x2160, 3.9M)

>Is Call to Arms

Call to arms has a mod/dlc called Gates of Hell, which is set in WW2. It's basically a sequel to men of war assault squad 2.

It's much better, better quality of life, better UI, better looking. Not as much content though as it's still a work in progress. Worth the price though IMO

>What are some games that tickle your interest in firearms/weaponry?

>RTS
Company of Heroes1,2,3
Men of War: Assault Squad 2
Call To Arms > Gates of Hell: Ostfront
Dawn of War 1
>dat apocalypse mod tho
All C&C's, special mention generals and RA2
Age of Empires 2
Star Wars: Empire at War: Gold Pack with . . . . I forget the mod. Fall of the empire? Rise of the empire? Whichever.
All the Total war games, but specifically Empire and Shogun 2, especially with Darthmod
>fuck the total war warhammer series

Let's see here . . . .
Silent Hunter 3 with the grey wolves mod
UBOAT (still in EA)
Battlfied 2,3 and 4
Squad
Star Citizen
Ultimate Admiral: age of sail
STALKER series, especially with mods
Project Wingman (AKA a better ace combat than ace combat)
Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord
Highfleet
Probably some of the Call of Duty's, I remember MW2 but not much else
Max Payne series
Hitman series (lulzy af)
ArmA 2, 3, infinite mods and the A3 prairie fire DLC is maximum fortunate son
Fallout series. 4 was less than what I wanted but it's ok you can mod the absolute shit out of it. 76 isn't recognized around these parts.

Currently I'm mostly playing Gates of hell ostfront and Company of Heroes 1 with the back to basics mod, Bannerlord, and Star Citizen. And Battletech which is fantastic. Just bought Battlefield V for like 10 bucks on sale and beat it the same day. Wish the battlefield games weren't becoming shitty COD knockoffs but whatever, I'm aging out of the gaming mass market. God bless Gaben and steam for creating a platform for indie devs to give us amazing shit like UBOAT, stardew valley, space engineers, etc etc. Truly great to see how the gaming industry has evolved since I was little shit wasting hours on duck hunt and mario.

>Eversor

I have a hard time believed these niggas are can slap around space marines and greater deamons, with their power level somehow approaching Solitaire tier. Drugs can only take you so far. At least the elf Solitaires have eldar magic bullshittery and Cegorach-shenanigans to explain how OP they are.

Attached: guiliman contemplates losse.png (640x638, 433.4K)

You really feel the impact of heavy artillery in FAF. Just one T3 arty can heavily change how your foes try to keep their base running. Missile arty is super powerful if you can take out their missile defense. The UEF's mavor ends games if someone is dumb enough to let you build it

Attached: Stalker dab.webm (800x450, 2.12M)

September 13th my boi

>Warhammer 40,000: Eversor, the game
It should Dishonored gameplay

OUT-FUCKING-SKILLED

Attached: clearly a skill issue.jpg (908x831, 196.15K)

Any good free mobile games for folx who are into guns?

>mobile games
>good
lel

Aquire raifus, kill glowniggers, cockbock the sister fucking necromancer

Attached: temp.jpg (1000x1000, 515.6K)

They should really make a 5th one of these

Attached: VC01.jpg (600x847, 116.93K)

The fact that you came into a vidya thread, a nice reprieve from all that shit, just to bitch tells me all I need to know. Faggot.

dont you have school now? put your phone away

Attached: 1632722785680.gif (452x340, 1.59M)

acquire stompy death robots, disregard old governments and telecom companies

Attached: 239103714.png (3849x2100, 3.14M)

I fucking wish, but the last one didnt seem to do well enough and might made sega afraid to touch it anytime soon.