So Microsoft's not going to do anything with these IPs, huh? Just bought em for the sake of saying they owned them?

So Microsoft's not going to do anything with these IPs, huh? Just bought em for the sake of saying they owned them?

Attached: owned by microsoft.png (795x602, 313.32K)

copyright is about control and censorship more so than it is creativity and originality

>Just bought em for the sake of saying they owned them?
Correct.

>have no copyright
>get soulless chinese shit instead

Its a double edged sword.

Wait for the Activision acquisition to go through, then the will announce some Crash stuff.

Spyro and crash are by Activision though.
Banjo and conkers are definitely dead ip

They haven’t even complete the purchase of activation yet, lol
Also they tried with banjo and conked but nobody bought them

How about
A 3d platformer where you play as all 4?

Microsoft bought Blizzard/Activision.

They will be able to do a smash bros clone soon

Yes but unless the acquisition is completed Microsoft had no power over crash an Spyro.
Though Activision probably has some stuff in the work already.

Would a platforming title with all five be a complete disaster or mascot kino?

Microsoft bought Rare for Donkey Kong,

What would you want out of new entries for these games? Lets be real here this is Microsoft and Xbox has never really had a kid friendly appeal to their fans. They were always the normie box that normies bought their madden and Halo, COD and GTA on. These kind of franchises would have thrived so much better on Nintendo so its a shame Nintendo doesn't own them. They would have done them justice.

they're gonna use them to bait nintendo fanboys into watching their xbox presentation, just look at everytime they teased a new Banjo game just to show another shooter with a black woman.

My only hope is that Xbox starts to appeal more towards kids/teens friendly games in order to grow this audience that right now is lacking.

Well depends on how it is done. Could be amazing since we never really got a game like this that spans across multiple franchises.

You forgot Blinx. So Microsoft will have like five different platformer IPs and do nothing with any of them except Crash, and a big maybe with Spyro.

I don't think banjo has been mentioned since nuts and bolts other than the smash announcement

>with all five
I see four in the image user.
But no i think it would be stupid.

i would rather take a world filled with potential bootleg mediocrity that has the creme rise to the top than I would with cutthroat restrictions on culture

>Would a platforming title with all five
They would go full retard and try to make a Smash clone instead

The really sad part is they have all the franchises in the world and all these successful development studios behind them. They should be killing it in gaming harder than Nintendo or Sony but yet they still suck in this department. We will have to see where they are at in the next 5-10 years once this Activision/Blizzard acquisition is completed and once this current gen is thriving a bit more hopefully. I won't hold my breath at all though. Look at what 343 has done to their flagship mascot IP. I'm almost positive Game Pass for Microsoft really meant them going for just a bunch of quantity and hoping shit sticks. Trying to trick people into thinking they have this wide variety of content but in reality its mostly shit games. I highly doubt some IP's will even be alive/revived or even thriving with them in the next years.

>tldr
Expect COD to be their next Mascot now that they've raped Halo to death. Don't count on the guys in OP ever getting much in the way of good games or possibly even games period.

Banjo AND Kazooie. She's not like a parasitic organism attached to his spine like something out of Aliens. She's a separate character.

Ok but it's not about characters, but their platforming style, which is very different and would never work in a single game.

no one fucking cares about mascot games anymore you fucktard, be glad you got what you already did

user you don't want this I assure you. We already see in China what this anarchy as far as IP is doing. We also already see that the vast majority of gamers just want to gobble up shit games that are gacha, f2p/p2w trash. This is what you will get in vast quantities while anything quality that may ever come up gets buried into oblivion. Quality will not thrive under these conditions either. Its going to take a massive shift in taste and thinking for any change to happen here.

2020:
>Gears Tactics

2021:
>Microsoft Flight Simulator
>Forza Horizon 5
>Halo Infinite

2022:
>Crossfire X
>As Dusk Falls
>Grounded
>Scorn
>Pentiment

2023:
>Forza Motorsport reboot
>ARK II
>Redfall
>Starfield

Beyond:
>Avowed
>Contraband
>Compulsion Games NEW IP (Project Midnight)
>The Elder Scrolls VI
>Everwild
>Fable reboot
>Gears 6
>Untitled Indiana Jones project
>inXile NEW IP (FPS/RPG)
>Untitled Kojima Productions game
>The Outer Worlds 2
>Perfect Dark reboot
>Project Mara
>Senua's Saga: Hellblade II
>State of Decay 3
>Wolfenstein III

Attached: 1654220844506.png (2269x1254, 459.4K)

Yeah, and i don't see any of them in this list

Aw, you prefer mature games for mature gamers such as yourself?