Steam Next Fest

Holy shit NineSols is fucking fantastic. The combat system is great and so is the whole story/aesthetic. What are some other good games to check out?

Attached: Steam-Next-Fest-Best-VR-Demos-770x433[1].png (770x433, 81.61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

castleclique.itch.io/crypto-fantasy
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

are the bosses in that good

First one is pretty good, I guess you could say it's memorization but the parry into bomb thing they've got going is really satisfying to pull off. Plus there's no dark souls stamina bullshit that like 90% of new games have.

>The Last Worker
Perhaps a bit on the easy side and a short demo, I like the story that it gives me a taste of.
>Kredolis
Also super fucking short, I like the idea, dislike how meh the movement feels, puzzles (what few were there) are fine.
>Escape Academy
Also short, but for this kind of game, that's fine. What's there is fucking fantastic.
>Hook 2
Incredibly short, only like 5 levels, but it gets the point across very nicely. I liked the first game, I'll like the second one even if I'll finish it in like 2 hours max.
>Backfirewall
The humor in this game is a bit forced, but I liked it regardless. I'm definitely keeping an eye on it.
Now to spin the wheel again.

Attached: Untitled.png (858x815, 193.75K)

>above snakes
pretty fun and good-looking crafting survival game with some story. it feels kind of comfy.

>hard west 2
what a nice game. makes me curious about what it is the sequel to. hard west 1 any good?

>Curse of the Sea Rats
>Game looks good but controls like shit
>Worst unchangeable default control scheme for a 2d action game I've ever seen
shame

Best artshit games?

Ninesols

>Gacha Garden
You start off with a blank square of tiles, and can click little flames that randomly spawn on it to get coins, which you can then drop into a cauldron to get random items (depending on coin type) which you can use to decorate. You can also get various types of tiles, allowing you to expand your build area, and anything you don't like can be put back into the pot in return for one coin of a lower tier. You can also get altars that you can put other pieces of furniture on in order to increase their drop rate, and you can use multiple of them at the same time to make the benefit bigger, so it's fairly easy to hunt for more of a specific item if you already have a few.
It wasn't bad, but the little flames spawn pretty regularly so there's no waiting element, nor anything to do while waiting, so the core gameplay loop is basically just chucking either coins or furniture into the pot. I played it for 3.6 hours and I wouldn't even say I really had fun, rather I was compelled by autism to keep playing in order to finish building what I'd envisioned.
It's a good time-waster, and I might get it if it was a mobile game, but otherwise I personally can't justify spending any more time in it.

>Sokochess
Sokoban game where you can only push things by hitting them with your chess pieces, and your movement is restricted both based on the pieces available to you in the level and the ability of the enemy pieces to capture yours if you move into certain positions. Interesting concept, challenging puzzles, I liked it.
Would recommend.

Attached: 2022-06-16 142608378.png (1920x1080, 2.15M)

>Necrosmith
Borderline autobattler. Your minions attack constantly and auto-path toward the nearest resource capture/enemy/enemy lair, enemies ignore your minions entirely from a movement perspective and instead beeline straight for your tower while damaging any minions who throw themselves into the crowd (because there's no AI whatsoever, all minions will run directly into the enemy groups, even ranged minions.) The most powerful minion design is the slowest one possible equipped with two crossbows, which do decent damage and are piercing, meaning they can kill any group they see before they collide with it.
You have the option to control one minion, but only its movement. It still does the "constantly attack in the direction of nearest enemy" thing.
There's some minion customization with the parts system, but most body parts are just different places on the scale of "more health/armor and slower" vs "less health/armor but faster." After discovering that crossbows were by far the most effective weapon, minion part choice really only came into play when trying to build the fastest minion possible to control it and use it as a scout.
I did kind of enjoy it overall, but the combat is not deep, which makes it unfulfilling and easy to cheese.
Probably wouldn't recommend.

Some games I haven't seen posted that much, I play too many simple games of varying quality

>The Many Pieces of Mr. Coo
Bite-sized but promising, it could be a Plug & Play type point-and-click game but with actual puzzles

>Melatonin
Rhythm Heaven clone with a great presentation

>Lapin
Precision platformer with cute rabbits, could be good with more polish

>The Heroes Around Us
Chinese drama with some creative gameplay storytelling decisions to make it more than just a straight walking sim, comfy rural environments

>30 Birds
Polarizing but unique style, similar to the above game there are a few gimmicks for variety

>The Library of Babel
Basic platformer crossed with point-and-click mechanics and stealth gameplay, feels nostalgic

>Shinobi Non Grata
Simple Ninja Gaiden clone that looks and feels nice

>Mothmen 1966
Visual novel about the mothman, pretty entertaining

>The Spirit and the Mouse
Platformer about a mouse helping humans, mechanically nothing special but it's a charming premise

>1428: Shadows Over Silesia
Controls are sluggish but the historical setting and unconventional character you play as make it special

Attached: 1768750_20220613190230_1.png (3840x2160, 61.27K)

Enemies felt a bit too spongy. Story sounds like it's gonna be a hell of a ride, I want to know the reason why they make juice out of humans

Is the Shinobi clone any good?

Really disappointed by this one. Seemed like kind of a cash in on the vampire survivors craze of shit just fighting for you

>Akurra
Best one i played so far, game is clearly going for the GameBoy Zelda looks, no enemies, pure puzzles
>Potion Permit
Alchemist making potions to cure people and make friends in the town, kinda like Harvest Moon minus the farming part, making the potions and diagnosing people is okay, but moving around feels slow and foraging the ingredients also feel slow, game needs to speed up, but people that like these kinds of games might get some fun out of it
>Midnight Fight Express
Beatemup with tons of customization, also has a rank system like DMC/Bayonetta, except you only get to see the ranking after clearing the level, really good too

>Enemies felt a bit too spongy
The game really wants you to parry into bomb, if you do that they die really quickly. Mashing and dodging works but is obviously not the way combat is meant to work

Yeah, I tried to be a little conservative with the chi bombs or something, but I guess I should've used 'em more

The part swapping made me really hope it would scratch that same itch as the old Medabots GBA game.

Attached: 81Z4Py-qPRL._SL1500_[1].jpg (1500x1267, 232.38K)

They regenerate with each successful parry, the only reason they're a resource is because you can still technically just go for bomb raw and the game doesn't want you spamming them.

Attached: 1650081289104.png (374x490, 37.9K)

Crypto Fantasy up NEXT!!!
castleclique.itch.io/crypto-fantasy

Attached: FOkbAJ8WUAUEMb1.jpg (2560x1440, 222.94K)

I'm an unabashed bisexual coomer
What will I enjoy?

Quetzal is basically Hollow Knight's white palace as an entire game, if anyone is interested in that. Also with a worse art style but it's not a huge deal.