It's excellent

It's excellent

Attached: ok.png (358x445, 349.04K)

It's The army! I knew we'd run into them sooner or later.

What's so especial about it? Never played it

It's a crossover between an RPG and a strategy game where you take over sectors on an overworld-map and fight tactical battles on a zoomed in map to gain control of them.
You hire mercenaries with their own skills, some are good at shooting, some are good at bandaging other mercs, you can equip them with a bunch of different shit which can get more expensive but you will gain more income by taking over the right sectors as well.
It's really satisfying and addictive and way deeper than you would expect from a game of this type.
There's also some random shit like some of the mercs not getting along, some mercs have quirks like getting addicted to the morphine in medkits etc.

Also your mercs can level up and improve their stats so it's a fullblown autism simulator combined with tight tactical gameplay with a squad of customized mercs

Yeah, it's near perfect. One of the best games ever created. The graphics although having a charming 80s / 90s aesthetic are somewhat flawed, but that's all I got, can't think of anything else I don't like.

Attached: 0lhoqydazko51.jpg (900x720, 91.26K)

How's Jagged Alliance 3?

Here's my problem with this
you either steamroll it with high end gear orr else it's a fucking drawn out 'I hope I can shoot properly' game

There's no inbetween. Either you steam roll or the enemy steam rolls. Sometimes it's a fucking stalemate where you have a dude hiding behind a building and you try to ambush him while he's targeted but he just runs back to his buddies

This is with 1.13 mod

I liked it when I played it decades ago but when I tried to replay it recently it all seemed slow an janky.

There's a woman on the cover so the zoomer ESLs won't acknowledge this game.

this. afaik it doesn't run well on windows 10 for some reason. When I played it, everything was slow and my squad couldn't walk without their animation staggering and slowing down. it took way too long to walk anywhere and execute simple commands like crouching, going prone, shooting. I ended up quitting cause it really was janky asf.

I think JA2 Stracciatella should fix these issues, but I haven't tried it myself yet.

I too have been having fun with video games recently. I've put the Desperados games on my wishlist after playing Shadow Tactics.

Has anyone here played Triangle Strategy? Seems right up my alley but nobody's talking about it. However the critics seem to like it and I'm inclined to believe them because the user scores tell the same story. In a world where FFT and Tactics Ogre are dead I'll take all I can get.

Attached: Shadow_Tactics_Blades_of_the_Shogun_title_splash.jpg (316x315, 49.86K)

Does it have its own game mechanics or does it use the rules of a tabletop game

Attached: I wish to be in FFT.png (521x462, 24.56K)

Not good.
7.62 is the closest thing there is to a decent 3D Jagged Alliance successor, and it's still incredibly jank.

Attached: 7.62.jpg (1920x1080, 366.16K)

yeah but everyone is racist in it. you can hire a apartheid supporting doctor or a russian hating polish firefighter.

My skeen is punctured and leeking!

Not based on a tabletop system.

I will now play your game

Look friend. Tactics Ogre and FFT are some of favorites game (i played both on Playstation version at the time). Triangle Strategy is pretty fun. If you can pirate, do it. If you can buy. im not sure. i think it would be a better anime or visual novel than a videogame. There is not much customization on your units, you use what you get.
I like the story, i like the true ending. the setting is okay.
if i were you i would pirate and play on an emulator.

>if i were you i would pirate and play on an emulator.
Yeah that was the plan, the Switch doesn't offer enough for me to actually purchase one. I care about Dread and Triangle Strategy and that's pretty much it.