The new content turned out to be a massive dud. Omocat cured many from their brainrot

The new content turned out to be a massive dud. Omocat cured many from their brainrot.

Attached: Omori_BoxArt_030122.png (600x500, 102.14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/
drive.google.com/drive/folders/12kS8IbrwCLFV2ZRreXXazCrwxnfRVm87?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=9jYGHwkPe7g
youlistener.com/lyrics/omori-good-morning
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

qrd

What is the new content?

Doesn't it come out tomorrow though? Have people already played through the new shit?

Regardless, new content seemed interesting enough. Just kind of annoying that it seems to be locked behind the hikkiomori route, further cementing that route as having the most gameplay value. Seriously, you miss out on so much if you go with the "true" route despite that one having the most narrative payoff. I guess it gives me an excuse to replay it for the other route, but it's still a bit annoying how they're doubling down on what was already a misstep in the original.

A extra boss rush for the OMORI route and some new images.
You get to play with Basil in your party. The leaks from the translations and nothing new. Maybe a hour tops of new content
Already released in Japan.
Its just the OMORI route leaks and nothing new. Data miners found that the leaked stuff is labeled as console exclusive. Nothing else to make the OMORI route worth it

Is this game actually enjoyable or just some pretentious art piece disguised as vidya?

Very lazy writing and lazy bosses but at least some of the new battle music is solid and the art style for the bosses are good. A solid 2 dollars worth of new content

Attached: new dialogue.png (629x245, 49.43K)

omori route already had a boss rush tho

Bummer if it's just boss rush shit, but I guess they didn't need to add anything to begin with. Was hoping it was some kind of shit where you team up with Basil after finding him in Black Space to put down the screwed up versions of your friends concocted in Sunny's mind. Like, some kind of final push back from his headspace trying to bring him back to reality that you fight with the imagined version of Basil.

But whatever, if it's basically just a port then no harm no foul. Hopefully the new boss rush stuff comes to PC though, would give me some value in replaying it for the other route.

Its a extra boss rush.
You have basil in your party. You against bossman hero and then with Basil you against your friends and mari with a little scare when it comes to something

It is a crime that this game has no actual sister incest.

once more proud to announce
/omog/ sings GOOD MORNING

vocaroo.com/
what you need to record

drive.google.com/drive/folders/12kS8IbrwCLFV2ZRreXXazCrwxnfRVm87?usp=sharing
what you mostly need

youtube.com/watch?v=9jYGHwkPe7g
try singing along to this one

youlistener.com/lyrics/omori-good-morning
lyrics

[email protected]
send it here or drop it in the thread

20 voices minimum is done 28 voices in total
i will release by the end of june so get in if you still want to join

No STEAM no fucking buy get it through your fucking heads dumb fucks!

Attached: 1653832691784.jpg (971x546, 118.92K)

People were excited for le indie Earthbound clone with MUH DEPRESHUN themes?

Fuck off back to /vg/ tranny
Solid story with mediocre gameplay. Don't take it too serious and its a decent pickup on sale. A lot of trannies love this game so they developed a pretentious culture on how this game is the perfect depiction of truama and PTSD when its not. A solid game clouded by an awful fanbase

Attached: kffm2py4eob71.png (590x471, 167.81K)

The latter, gameplay fucking sucks
Now, it's a pretty good art piece - the artstyle, the music and the ending are great - but the pacing is horrendous

It's a genuinely good game. The pacing can be fucked up with how some areas/sections could've genuinely been scrapped, and some of the early humor falls super flat. But past that it's a pretty solid turn-based RPG that uses emotional states (happy, angry, sad) to add some gameplay depth (happy gives more crits but more misses, angry more damage but take more, sad more defense but getting hit loses your MP). The story has a lot of really good twists and turns, the characters are endearing with a lot of depth, the music is unironically 10/10, and there's a surprising amount of secret content to find depending on the route you take.

Hell, I'd personally argue that the "pretentious" elements of the game, in that it tackles aspects of mental illness and trauma, are some of the best written I've seen in vidya. It initially feels like it's beating you over the head with it, but the more you get into the story, the more bits of nuance come into play and you realize what seems obvious isn't actually the case. Hard to explain without massive spoilers, but yeah. Good game, but it doesn't try to hide what it is in terms of being an Earthbound-like indie RPG.

Quirky Earthbound inspired RPG with themes of depression

Attached: 1646593882602.gif (368x368, 1.99M)

Hi, Omocat

You must be sheltered and never experienced any adversity in your life if you think this captures mental illness and trauma at all. This is the most pretentious depiction of mental illness and its obvious those writing it has never been admitted to a ward or diagnosed with something but are "depressed" just because they don't look cool enough on Instagram

>A solid game clouded by an awful fanbase
That's literally every good game that's very popular

Is there a trophy list yet?

Attached: no homocat.jpg (700x9058, 1.8M)

>pretentious

Attached: you-keep-using-that-word.gif (300x200, 496.11K)

It's about grief, regret and guilt. What the fuck are you talking about.

Just go on OMORI twitter. For gaming standards this fanbase is awful and filled with those that claim they were born with depression when everyone loves them and confuse low self esteem with a serious mental condition.

Agree to disagree I guess. I personally thought it was pretty solid. Moments like Sunny struggling to eat/keep food down, disassociating throughout normal activities in the real world, having to use basic coping skills to regulate shit, neglecting basic needs and having his mother remind him (brushing teeth, eating, etc), and just shying away from bad shit despite the player wanting to intervene (Basil in the bathroom).

Obviously it's not depicting the extremes of mental illness like you're describing, of being sent to some facility or some shit. But for a story about a kid suffering from what he's done and how the isolation has effected him, I thought it was pretty decent. Especially compared to most games out there that just depict mental illness, depression especially, as just a character crying a lot until someone finally cheers them up.

>in that it tackles aspects of mental illness and trauma, are some of the best written
Only if you're a sheltered teenager who's never lifted a finger to work in their life. The game covers trauma in the most shallow bare bones way I've ever seen and it ignores one of the BIGGEST things that comes with PTSD.
The nightmares.
Sunny's dreams are not nightmares. They are happy funny wonderlands full of joy and love and whimsy with le spooky out of place ghost appearing out of nowhere from time to time. Before you mention Blackspace, that shit happens after ten hours of filler. Jawsome says nothing about him. Sweetheart says nothing about him. The Slime Girls say nothing about him. Space Boyfriend says nothing about him. All the dream shit is filler and you have to be delusional to think it's not.
This game tricks you into thinking it's deep with its theme of nostalgia, but if you look past its facade you'll see how shallow all the relationships are. What did Sunny do that enriched his friend's lives? He's the quiet kid, realistically they'd forget him, and Kel would give up on trying to help Sunny. Realistically Sunny would express any kind of fucking emotion but he's a self insert for the player so that when it's revealed he accidentally killed his sister the player can go "I'd be pretty depressed if it happened to me too" rather than thinking "hey, isn't it stupid that these two 12 year olds hung a girl instead of calling 911 for her or saying she just fell down the stairs?"
This game singlehandedly made me want to find a cure for my PTSD so I can distance myself from having people compare this pile of hot garbage to an illness that makes me life harder rather than judging it on the shitty story it attempts to tell. This shit reminds me of the parents who think its abuse not to give their child everything they want all the time.

>Just go on twitter
Why don't you do just that and not come back?

>new content for the route that nobody actually plays anyway

>Game about mental illness and symptoms of schizophrenia, trauma responses, and depression-like symptoms
>Specifically search out twitter fuckery
>Surprised to find bullshit with a mental illness flavor

Like, yeah, the fanbase is shit. But I'm really not sure what you were expecting. You dig through nearly any fanbase and you're gonna find some garbage. This just has the added element of the game touching upon mental illness, so it brings that context into discussions.

Jesus fucking christ user, you're trying to pick apart like, 20 different complaints at once. I'm not saying it's a perfectly written depiction of mental illness and trauma responses, but that it's written better than most games out there that touch on the subject matter.

Also, cure PTSD? Not really sure that's how it works, but hey, if you've found a way, kudos to you.

nice edit

Attached: 1267653576068.jpg (215x199, 7.93K)

wait, the bullies were planning to get them together?

Feet jobs from big sister MARI

t

big tiddy*

>Unironically telling someone to go Twitter
>Let alone any other social media
See, there's your problem
You think Omori has a bad fanbase because of the retards that made terrible posts about Omori on Twitter, when in reality, Twitter is a shithole that's filled with so many filled mentally ill freaks
I can say Resident Evil has a bad fanbase because there are retards on Twitter making terrible posts about Resident Evil games
So no way fag, I will stick with talking about the game on Any Forums(nel) and you should go back to twitter

Attached: 1480416045045.png (500x500, 264.05K)

she's not that stacked, she's like 15 after all