Why does Blizzard not follow their own design rules anymore?

Why does Blizzard not follow their own design rules anymore?

Attached: 1655233024750.jpg (1920x957, 198.69K)

>what HE can do
>pictures of widowmaker
uhhhhhhh....

Design rules go out the window when there's money to be made.
Just look at Valve's design docs for TF2 and Dota 2.

Yes, the only people who play videogames are males.

>who this hero is and what HE can do
This is enough for a Twitter cunt to be outraged for a week

Because they kind of were already shit at it.
the Middle one could still use some simpification before becoming simplistic like the right.
>Teriary Purple on the cleavage line is pointless
>Tattoo on left arm isn't striking enough to have a point and just kind of feels like it's THERE.
Meanwhile I think I'd give her leggings a more weblike pattern

Attached: TFCharacterdesign.png (1181x874, 859.25K)

Because anyone with consistent talent quit a long time ago.

>Dota 2
LOVE ME SOME PARTICLE VOMIT YESSIR

Attached: 1654633194144.gif (1920x1080, 2.29M)

>>Teriary Purple on the cleavage line is pointless
Eh, not really. That'd be like saying the white on Heavy's neck or the washed out grey on her vest's neck's pointless.

>>Tattoo on left arm isn't striking enough to have a point and just kind of feels like it's THERE.
this one I agree with though, but idk it feels like something widowmaker would've gotten before getting brainwashed so I give it a pass.

third one looks the best but blizz was never that amazing at design.
my head theory is they accidently hired a competent concept artist for overwatch and then some overpaid project lead skimmed through the sketches making changes and creating things like OP pic.

Everyone with talent left Blizzard years ago. Same can be said for most game devs.

It gets worse.

Attached: 1633717356744.jpg (1269x862, 228.46K)

>too simple
Is it though?

Reminds me of pic related

Attached: 1651358579796.jpg (657x529, 62.9K)

Beastmaxernaut

she is implied to be like a gentle tradwife before being captured. it seems unlikely a french housewife raised in high society as a ballet dancer would have gaudy roastie tattoos. and if she got them later that also would not make sense. why would a heartless killing machine with no emotion drive down to the mall one sunday and get some giant tattoo smeared across her thigh. i realize she is purple and disguise isn't going to be the easiest thing for her but an easily identifiable tattoo covering her entire forarm isn't helping the matter. it's just poor character development. or you could call it overdesigning and not thinking about the implications.

Fair enough though I feel a while collar on a shirt feels less like an active or impact decision than a pointless purple on the scifi jumpsuit also it constrasts a bit better. He could probably lose it and it'd be no real issue. Similarly Widow's collar could be replaced with black or dark purple.
I'm not up on the Overwatch Lore, I was under the impression it's probably some maudlin shit to link her to her old life but again it'd probably be a better move to just have a more striking tattoo that would accomplish both the story beat and be a slightly better design.

left looks like someones mindbreak fetish with the tatoos and right is literally missing the poison mine she shoots out of her arm among other things. middle literally is the best

Attached: file.png (1024x655, 164.78K)

G L A N C E V A L U E

"he" refers to "hero" which is masculine.

shero