What am I in for?

Attached: zero.jpg (460x215, 79.75K)

kino

High octane kino

btw i never played a mega man game before, is this a good introduction?

based on pic, sexy robots with lickable tummys

They're some of the hardest MM games so go nuts

what said

I don't think so, MegaMan's gameplay variates between series, it would say that is a good point if you plan to play the X series but wouldn't be a goyoje if you wanna play Classic or Exe.

It's mega man. All you do is jump an shoot. Order doesn't matter, but you should at least follow the numbering of whichever series you start.

Zero collection is the only MM series where every game is good. Soul levels off the chart.

ZX games were a big downgrade in terms of characters, story, even gameplay. So I wouldn't recommend them personally, but they have a cult following.

are you dumb? have you ever played Z or Exe?

what are the bad mega man games that i should keep track of?

the... Videogames of ...Time

and one of the worst cliffhangers ever

Attached: 1243912647198.jpg (1309x574, 220.46K)

y no widescreen

a hard game i got filtered very early on and never went back

hellish until everything clicks, then it's kino

Zero series some of the most grueling games in the franchise to go into blind. if you can't stand getting your shit wrecked for a bit until you get comfortable, you can always try MM3, MM5, or MMX1 as some of the easier ones.

Attached: DXFoOGEVQAAgp-u.jpg (860x912, 129.73K)

but you can save anywhere

the first game may come off as underwhelming, but keep going trust me

Couldn't do that 18 years prior to Z/ZXLC

Most of the classic MM games are good, none are bad enough to warrant mention other than 7.
Don't play MMX past X4
All of the Zero games are good
ZX games are mediocre but not AWFUL, it just makes you wish you were playing Zero again.

Other than that it's all spinoffs that aren't really the same format. Battle Network is pretty alright, though Star Force is dogshit. I haven't played the Command Mission or Bass games so I can't comment on those.

For the classic series, some people have mixed opinions on 7 and 8, but they're not bad. The first three games are very archaic but still very good considering. Some of the GameBoy ones are not great, especially the first two I think?

All of the X games besides X7 are playable. X7 is downright putrid. X5 and X6 are extremely flawed but still worth playing imo. X3 and X8 are a bit dull but good. X1, X2, and X4 are all amazing though.

The Zero series doesn't have a bad game of the four, but all are flawed in some way and held back by being GBA action games.

ZX has a shit map but otherwise the game is very good. I remember liking Advent but after replaying it I kinda didn't like it?

Legends 1 and 2 are both still very good if you can deal with older 3D games. Misadventures of Tron Bonne is basically a minigame collection so I wouldn't compare it.

4 is the only bad Battle Network game. 1 is archaic though and 5 is pretty flawed. 2, 3, and 6 are amazing.

For StarForce, 2 is by far the worst but still worth playing. 1 is alright and 3 is amazing.

So honestly I'd just avoid the worse X games, and maybe Advent depending on how much you like the first ZX.

X5 and above.
They try a lot to have new systems and stuff but they fail a lot.

I won't spoil the plotholes and story but I do recommend you look for the hack versions of X5 and X6 that fixes a lot of issues with both games.

x7-x8 are in 3D, they're clunky asf and the gameplay is very poor compared to the 2d games.

Command Mission is an RPG, which is actually interesting but the lack of fast travel makes the gameplay far too many hours long.

I want Zero to FUCK me

kino mega man
the games are brutally difficult but the legacy collection checkpoints make them pretty alright, they're still fairly hard but you aren't really punished at all for dying

Well, this is all very debatable, but an easy way to play the different series is to try the first few games as they are normally good ones. Then if you decide you like the series, you can keep playing, but like I said it usually gets worse.
Classic: Skip 1, Play 2 and 3. The rest aren't that bad.
X: Play 1 to 4. Most people agree the games after varied from bad to worse.
Zero: Play all
ZX: Try 1, you won't like it.

Didn't play many spinoffs, so others can probably better advise you. I tried Battle Network for the first time a couple years ago and found it to be dated, but many people swear by the series. Megaman Legends has a cult following, but is also pretty dated. I don't really think the rest are worth mentioning (Gameboy games, sports spinoffs, etc.)

Why did Capcom choose to have that shitty overworld in ZX? Sometimes I feel like replaying it but that "walk around the whole world to find stuff to do" boring as hell

>none are bad enough to warrant mention
>other than 7
but 7 is easily one of the best classic games

Attached: 75.jpg (2240x1632, 1.77M)

Zero
ZX

Not enough vertical space in 7

A Metroidvania styled Mega Man world is (still) a very good idea, but they pulled it off poorly.

Actual kino infused with soul.
Try to play X1-X5 first though. Not mandatory, but it's nice seeing the callbacks