Remake completely destroys the original intended atmosphere

>Remake completely destroys the original intended atmosphere

Attached: 1632671297704.png (618x324, 314.91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u1ZvPSpLxCg
youtube.com/watch?v=4N3N1MlvVc4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Halo CE Anniversary.
Halo 2 Anniversary did a better job though

Soul | Souless

Good. It's a remake. Play the old game if you want the same atmosphere.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I HATE these LED lamps so god damn much.

Attached: 510F0DE3-CDCD-436D-9537-6C442A498A24.png (547x676, 1.01M)

Whats so bad about LED lamps?

You don't want bright white light at night time, especially for a residential street. You want something dim and warm coloured like sodium lamps, but I'm sure there's a middleground. They need to colour the LED lamps and it'd be fine. I've never seen these hellish lamps outside of industrial areas but I wouldn't be surprised if amerisharts are installing them in formerly-comfy naighbourhoods.

the only remake i can even come up with that improved on the original is the first resident evil remake (havent played any of the newer ones). the latest remake that completely ruined the tone of the game is demon's souls. the original has this desolate, hopeless atmosphere that the remake replaces with jarring unnatural neon colors everywhere. and clean, cartoony menus too.

Soulless Soul

Soulless
Soul

Simple as

left
>ghetto
right
>middle class suburbs

Redoing the lighting must be the hardest thing for some reason because that's almost always what the guys get wrong.
Sure, there are the retarded interpretations of the low poly characters, but this in my view is done more out of malice than lack of competence.

Attached: 1597397797198192226.jpg (1466x1708, 150.32K)

Why remake a hame if you're gonna kill the best parts about it?. Seems like something a complete hack would do.

That's because those sodium lamps are used on main arterial roads, not residential streets

weakens your eye sight and gives you skin cancer

>remake changes the original intended atmosphere but let's you swap between the original and remake at your whim

Attached: f38.jpg (1080x1330, 107.48K)

What does?

meant for

My small town's lights got replaced by those soulless pieces of shit and it's literally soul draining to look at. Night time used to be comfy with a good mix of white and orange lights.

The orange glow reflects the same kind of comfort we got as cavepeople from sitting around the campfire. Right is both unnatural and obnoxious.

Attached: 1626650842739.jpg (1080x1350, 467.73K)

There was nothing intended about the original, it was an issue of price and performance and it makes places look ugly.
Once again they are going for performance and price with the a few added benefits.

Imagine wanting to have piss vision for the rest of your life
Pretty gay pham alam.

What malice?

led kikes are the worst, how people responsible can have so little taste to fall for this shit.

>game company releases remake and removes to OG version of off every digital store so you're forced to pirate it
heh, nothing personal kid.

nipples
Also the issue is that the light is coming from only one direction, it looks flatter and less dynamic because of that.

Mexico on the left

They completely fucked up the sound effects as well.
The miracles in Demon's Souls resonate like bells and gongs, things you associate with temples and holy things. In the remake the miracles make sci-fi sounds.
It's as if no one on the development team has given a second thought to what the original material is trying to convey to the player. I am convinced that remakes should be seen in the industry as the worst kind of work, something painful that devs do resentfully and carelessly.

It still hurts.

Attached: SilentHillHD.jpg (620x505, 31.04K)

>remake game people like
>change what people like about it
Brilliant

Man fuck the new cars with LED headlights as well, not even putting on high beams that shit blinds the fuck out of you.

>its a demake
fifty

>new LED lamps blast wildlife with blue light, completely fucking over their natural day/night internal cycle

>It's a "taste" issue and not a dystopian control issue
so thinketh le retards

Hate driving at night now because every car has ultra bright headlights that blind you when they are passing by. I almost got in a wreck a week ago because of that shit.
To has ugly mutts and the bottom has QT anime girls an easy choice which one is better to look at.

youtube.com/watch?v=u1ZvPSpLxCg

youtube.com/watch?v=4N3N1MlvVc4

>Whats so bad about LED lamps?
There have been studies suggesting that prolonged exposure to white LED light instead of the warmer, more yellowish colored light given off by lightbulbs, may affect the mental state.

The solution would be to get yellowish, warmish colored LEDs. So that you have the efficiency of an LED still.

I have this impression that remakes/remasters are somewhat despised in the industry, perhaps because the process of remaking them is seen as a lesser job, more like manual labor than something interesting and creative.
That's why I believe that some developers act in bad faith. When they dilapidate a character that fans like, I see it as a form of disdain for the public, for the original product, for the guys who want to make money reselling the same thing over and over, etc.

This, if they added a bit of orange plastic to tint the color no one would even notice, it's intentional like anti-homeless architecture

Bro you can't even drive at night, what are you calling people ugly for?

they're uglier and they don't actually illuminate things better because they emit blue light which isn't good for you, your vision, or nature; especially at night time

also when LED lamps start to fail they just do this horrible blinking thing which just makes them dangerous on roads, whereas when the sodium ones start to fail they don't do that

>my town finally installs yuge led lamps
>can actually see at night
>suddenly infinitely more dog walkers

why don't they make orange LED lamps