It doesn't need seamless planetary landings

>It doesn't need seamless planetary landings

Attached: sip.png (634x720, 499.27K)

It doesnt. Now of course every one is going to say "but we wanted that."
No you didnt.

Starfield will be trash either way.

This meme was supposed to work with highly anticipated games. Almost no one shill this.

>Starfield is an RPG
Just like Cyberpunk :)

>rpg
>all you do is shoot people
If by RPG you mean "I shoot generic NPC then number goes up" then sure, but that would mean Call of Duty is an RPG too

>launch game
LOADING SCREEN
>continue story
LOADING SCREEN
>leave player house
LOADING SCREEN
>board ship
LOADING SCREEN
>enter galaxy
LOADING SCREEN
>land on planet
LOADING SCREEN
>disembark ship
LOADING SCREEN
>enter outpost
LOADING SCREEN
>receive radiant quest and leave
LOADING SCREEN
>board ship
LOADING SCREEN
>leave planet
LOADING SC
I'm getting tired of typing this shit out. Fuck you, Todd.

Correct.

It's just sad at this point how much shazamfags keep on trying to latch on to the old TORtanic days like they did anything.
Starfield is trash though, it's a bethesda game. I wish it would be completely ignored when it came out, but I know it wont. People will get it and praise it for it's massive amounts of bugs that are some how good for Bethesda and not at all showing how incompetent they are.

There is no fucking excuse, seamless planetary landings have been a thing in No Man's Sky since fucking 2016, and we are talking about a dev team of about 10 people
You are telling me bethesda with hundreds of people can't figure out this shit?
Also is Todd retarded? The landing part is always the most interesting shit in a space game

only SC got those, without a stop gap loading stutter
but SC isn't a game so who cares
NMS has a distinct loading pause and scene change, Empyrion got similar effect
Elite got seamless landing but the planets in that game are barren.

At first I thought I really want that, but I can forgo this feature because they let you edit your space ship extensively, what no other game does except Empyrion and it's a clsuterfuck compared to SF.

It doesn't. What do you get out of NMS's seemless landings?

>press x to land
>Can't land too high
>press x to land
>Can't land terrain uneven
>press x to land
>Can't land you've plowed into the ground

So riveting

It'll be a nice pretty cutscene where we fly out to space that obfuscates the loading screen.

Actually ED has a distinct load as well when you hit atmo.

most of the time you cant even land where you want

Attached: 1644695743251.webm (640x640, 2.69M)

Just like in my favorite Freelancer. Todd has a great taste when it comes to spacesims.

>try to land in star citizen
>wind blows your ship away

Seamless landings just makes it obvious that the planets are really small. Even in Space Engineers where the planets are much bigger than they're probably going to be here.

What other game lets me have a crew full of middle aged women?

Attached: 0EE2C96B-AB3C-4CB8-9252-A89BB7A65A9D.jpg (828x923, 422.34K)

No Man Sky's plantary landings aren't seemless, there is a loading zone at the atmosphere line where the surface or space is loaded in. Its really apparent on lower spec pc as you can be stuck in limbo between the space or the surface for up to 15 seconds

Sir you don't need it sir
Please do the needful

But user you don't get it. Normalfags think it's seamless because it's not a black loading screen that says "LOADING", as long as there are pretty colors on screen it's not a a loading screen.

No Man's Sky landings aren't even seamless, it's painfully obvious when you're actually playing that things are just popping out of nowhere. Not to mention the size of the planet or the surface to orbit distance aren't even close to realistic.
Only modern game with real scale planetary landings that are totally seamless is Infinity Battlescape.
Even in SC the planets are kinda scrunched down in scale. ED has a clunky minigame and pauses where it syncs network stuff and generates terrain and whatever the fuck.

>google game
>checkout steam
>looks neat
>scroll down
>"It's dead." "Dead game." etc
>3 players online
Every time.

Delta-V: Rings of Saturn

It's sad but imo, even against bots that game is better than any other "modern" "space" """sim""".
It's the only one that does all the basic things right.
It just lacks content and/or consistent playerbase.

He's right, I don't care. It got boring after the fourth planet on NMS. Sony must be really scared of this game with all these hit peices coming out.

todd is right, i don't care

Attached: whocoulditbe.jpg (532x400, 177.62K)