Can someone explain to me how this game turned out to be so damn good?

Can someone explain to me how this game turned out to be so damn good?

Attached: Metroid_Prime.jpg (640x908, 84.55K)

probably shit since I've never played it.

/thread

Yes

Idk but it’s pretty fun exploring areas that you haven’t seen yet, seeing new enemies and getting data, the puzzles are nice, not sure if it was the first 3D Metroid but having a new spin on the series probably adds to the fun factor. Haven’t played it since I was like 10 or some shit but those are some of the reasons I enjoyed the game. Never beat the damn thing tho. Any Forums etiquette dictates you are not supposed to /thread your own post. Btw stop posting you useless waste of space.

It was one of those right place right time type of things. They won’t ever be able to recreate it.

They did recreate it like a year later.

It wasn’t that good.
>prime 7.8/10
>prime 2 7.2/10
>Prime 3 6.9/10

>2002
It came with great graphics for that time, and they still hold up. The environmental design, paired with the ambient OST really made the planet feel alive. The places actually made "sense" and this is one thing I've never liked with metroid games, which would be the parts which only Samus can pass with morph ball. How did anyone else get to X area? But other than that, great game.

A hungry dev team of Americans with oversight from Miyamoto (memes aside, he has good insights when he is observing the work of others rather than making a game himself) along with a desire to demonstrate a next-gen Nintendo title. American institutional knowledge of FPS mixing with Japan’s sense of exploration and interaction with the world created a game that was pretty unique at the time.

Miyamoto's elder sage guidance

The music.

Games ALWAYS turn from "good" to "so damn good" based on the music.

Attached: 1651961838821.jpg (1172x1668, 1.56M)

From what I've seen, he was really into the details of the game. Really interesting approach.

It was Super Metroid in 3D, and done with soul. It was destined to succeed.

Music is like the soul of a game (and I'm not saying about today's meme). Some ol' friend told me that, back then, and I noticed how right he was after some time.

What said
This too.
I guess Nintendo should approach many games like this.
Regardless of that, the game was made with a passion behind it, so in other words: Soulcore.
The fact that you could get lore and info about almost anything you could see with your visor, not only adds that intrigue factor to exploring, but also enriches the replay value and shows how much they actually went and tried to make something unique.
Someone screenshot this, but i think they'll make metroid prime 4 the launch tittle for switch pro/2

Attached: goodending.png (332x287, 14.39K)

I would say MP1 goes one step further with this. It would be a mediocre to bad game without the phenomenal soundtrack. Gameplay was never good because it didn't do proper FPS controls, so all the fights and platforming elements are trivially easy. The graphics felt outdated within just a few years -- Metroid was never meant to be 3D, and lost all its charm during that transition. And then of course, story. You can tell the devs were given some direction by Nintendo but ultimately they are a western studio and it shows. Badly.

It was the last game Miyamoto had a positive influence on.

Attached: 5Fg3soz.png (808x805, 415.27K)

?
Don't you have some games to play on pc - i mean ps4 - i mean ps5, snoy?

Attached: 1653432460090.jpg (900x1273, 195.21K)

It was 2002, the only "proper FPS controls" were mouse and keyboard, and Halo
I'd like an HD remaster that allows you to switch heh between the GC controls, normal FPS controls with gyro, and Wii controls

Thank you for confirming you are indeed an insecure tendie. I love how you idiots have such a huge chip on your shoulder when it comes to Sony.

Every time

Attached: 1646118170508.png (251x201, 9.97K)

Seems i hit a nerve, snoy.
Anyways, you must be mad nintendo has a chip in their shoulder (or many) by creating a culture changing game like prime.

Attached: 1641482187044.jpg (750x894, 113.8K)

>new ps4 game

Attached: kyle.png (250x334, 91.77K)

>Seems i hit a nerve
You didn't. I was simply correctly identifying you as an insecure Nintendo fanboy and an idiot.
By all means project your insecurity as a coping mechanism though.

>wasn't that good
>8/10

This just in... 8/10 isn't that good of a score