Does anyone know about these?

I'm trying to get into these games but there are a lot of them and a lot of different version that I don't know where to start or whether to use steam or GOG or something else.

Attached: imagen_2022-06-16_162205814.png (621x516, 281.61K)

Basically they all suck
Dont bother

Buy gold, metal age and maybe deadly shadows if you really want more. do not buy the 2014 game.

thief gold and thief 2 were the only good ones

Start with Thief Gold of course. Use TFix.
Despite what others tell you the rest are sort of skippable, the first game is the best.

Gold and Metal Age are great, although old. Get Deadly Shadows if you really feel like having more after playing through the first two. Steer clear of the one from 2014

Thank you all. It's worth to get them on GOG? They cost one monie each one

i think the gog version comes with tfix already built in same as with metal age

Attached: 56756732.png (1280x1494, 1.26M)

the gog versions come with the mods already baked in if you dont want to manually install them yourself

You need a patch to play the first 3.
>Thief Gold
An "upgrade" of the original version "The Dark Project" with 3 new levels you might find controversial, and the first of its series.
>Thief 2: The Metal Age
Obviously the sequel.
>Thief: Deadly Shadows
The most divisive Thief game. If you really want to finish the "trilogy" and want to know how Garretts story ends. Just a note, it was made for the Xbox.
>Thief (2014)
A fucking steaming pile of shit.

So you are telling me that gog are better and cheaper, then there is no discussion

if its cheaper then yeah get it over steam them coming with the fixes built in is just a bonus

Just pirate it you taffer

Thief Gold and Thief 2 are the definitive Thief experience. Thief Deadly Shadows couldn't live up to the quality but is ok. Thief (2014) is meh and only buy it at a discount.

Yes I know. You disregard all of them for now and you play the one made with the Doom 3 engine. Google it.

Attached: 0380_-_ff5gumH.png (492x475, 23.89K)

Metal Age > Gold though

Wrong.

Double wrong.

buy the first three on gog. it's 79 cents over there and has all the essential mods included.

DO NOT PLAY THE NEWSET ONE. It strayed away from the originals as far as i could ever imagine.

1 and 4 are bad, skip them, 2 is good and 3 is alright with mods (mainly the one to reduce amount of loading screens)

Attached: Te5laSBh.jpg (658x1024, 351.5K)

Thief Gold and Thief 2: The Metal Age are a must. Deadly Shadows has its flaws, but it's essential for conclusion of Garrett's story. Be sure to mod it before you play it.
Forget Thi4f even exists.

Why the fuck is there a guide? It's not that hard
>Gold: install Tfix
>2: install taffpatch
Just give me the links