Looking back, what lessons should be learned from the failure of Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl?

Looking back, what lessons should be learned from the failure of Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl?

Attached: 1637763114496.jpg (3840x2160, 1.06M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MWBxJUbW-5g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

stop trying to copy smash

Melee niggers will never stop playing melee, so there's no point trying to pander to them.

Copy Smash but make sure the voices are in it

that trying to have roster sizes on par with 20-30 year old franchises on a first release is fucking stupid

we've learned that Korra is epic

Attached: 1531918635105.jpg (986x1125, 329.19K)

I think the absolute best lesson to be learned is
>don't waste a good dev team on a shitty publisher

Honestly the guys making the game are good.
The mechanics are good, the gameplay variation between characters are good, the design of the characters and levels are good. The team is experienced in making a similar smash fighter, and they were pretty passionate about making the game good.

The Nickelodeon publisher however, absolutely destroyed this project being anything more than a cheap cashgrab
>puts the developers on a very tight budget
>set a hard deadline for when the game needed to be released, not allowing the game to be released in a more polished state
>heavily meddling in what characters the developers are allowed to add to the game, developers had to fight for the right to use old fan favorites as the publisher heavily wanted the game to market characters from currently airing shows
>didn't give the developers the budget/rights to hire voice actors until AFTER the game sold well enough to warrant it

Honestly the game didn't fail because Smash was too good, it failed because Nickelodeon as a publisher is a greedy fucking bag of shits in suits.

Attached: 1556299895710.gif (487x560, 898.48K)

I tried this last week after it came out on Plus. The biggest problem with it is how fucking cheap it feels.It's like a crap phone game from ten years ago.

That it takes more than $10 to make a Smash Clone that people are actually going to stick with.

If you're going to copy Smash, you better have a good budget

I'm sick of your fucking copy pasted threads
The game sucks, period

The game wasn't made by Nick fans for Nick fans, it was made by Meleefags for Meleefags.
Also this.
The movesets would have been a lot better if they didn't focus on over 20 characters at once.

Project M is the last and only good smash like. Since that game died no other game in this genre has felt worth playing, so I moved on to real fighting games.

Attached: 1654096274813.gif (700x700, 96.37K)

Have voice acting in your cartoon based game.

The developers aren't that good considering they're the once who decided to appeal to the FGC competitive crowd and fought for some questionable roster decisions.

Oh yeah and obviously being forced to sell the game for 50 dollaridoos absolutely didn't do this game any favors. I definitely think this was an executive decision because they thought their franchises were "worth as much as other popular crossover games". If the game had been sold at 30 dollars I think it would have been a lot more popular and well received.

>Have voice acting in your cartoon based game.
Chud?
youtube.com/watch?v=MWBxJUbW-5g

It doesn't suck, it's just very low budget and unpolished. It's wasted potential.

Not him but the voices came way too late and a lot of them just don't sound good.

i only care about the goth cunny

play rushdown revolt

>a lot of them just don't sound good.
Well yeah, that's what happens when a lot of these characters are over 20 years old.

Put Jenny in your nicktoons game ASAP