Does it really deserve all the hate?

Does it really deserve all the hate?

Attached: earthbound.png (646x602, 506.87K)

Literally what hate

people don't hate earthbound they hate everything that spawned from it

it's just a dragon quest rip off that is only liked now 20 years later because of nintendo fanboyism
when it released no one gave a shit about it
ive completed it and it's only original quality is it's setting and quirky writing - it's just a wank

Earthbound Zero is trash garbage

Earthbound is a massive upgrade in gameplay quality, among other things, over the original but its start is slow as fuck

Earthbound 2 was so dull and with such a bad battle system that I noped out shortly after the first or second chapter and never looked back

This is the most unhated game ever.

>when it released no one gave a shit about it
because it was like a hundred dollars due to being bundled in with a heavy ass guide book and there was no other way to play it
everyone knows the marketing for it in the west was awful you disingenuous cunt

>when it released no one gave a shit about it
I loved it. My sisters loved it. My brother loved it and to this day is the only video game he'll pick up and play. My mother also loved and played through it back in the day.

what hate+

It became popular when the emulation scene became a thing.

>But emulators are illegal!

Hate?

its fun enough, having status effects like sunburnt and snotty noses is cute. The rolling healthbar is actually good. For whatever reason a bunch of spergs tried to hold it up as the greatest thing to ever exist, I'm guessing it has something to do with acting smug about knowing who Ness is when you played smash 64/melee with people

Spoony doesn't like it, so it must be shit. \\

Attached: Spoony Hates Earthbound.png (872x768, 104.5K)

All jarpigs deserve hate. Non-games for subhuman trannies.

It's pretty fairly regarded from what I can see, like Super Metroid. They're both incredible experiences but have some clunkier game design aspects that actually, strangely enough, add to the world design and atmosphere. Like lightning in a bottle. Mother 1 still has a sizable amount of charm over it in certain aspects, specifically the more open world, the more significant differences between your party members, a more well-established background "lore", better implemented temporary party members, and in some areas, better soundtrack compared to the remixes of Mother 1's songs. Only Mother 3 was the sore thumb sticking out with worse everything except for QoL improvements which, funnily enough, made the game less "Mother-like" than its predecessors.

>way too grindy
that fucking loser didn't even get past the first boss

When did dragon quest get party members? I only played 1 on the nes and then 11 30 years later

The second game on the NES, Dragon Quest II.

this 100% no cap

I got bored at Fourside

If he doesn't speak Japanese how can he make a statement like this? I thought he was clinically depressed and possible insane, but is he just a hopeless retard?