Can anyone explain why so many talentless hacks with 0 original ideas go into indie game development?

Can anyone explain why so many talentless hacks with 0 original ideas go into indie game development?
I'm not critcizing games that are passion projects that are just clunky, have bad graphics, etc. For example this game I played the demo for recently
store.steampowered.com/app/1628610/Paquerette_Down_the_Bunburrows/
It's play very similar to other sokoban, the graphics are just okay, and it's a tad clunky, but it's an original idea so it's still more fun than incredibly polished derivative garbage like this
youtube.com/watch?v=RWcUCxdnQdc
There are games that have entire cloning genres surrounding them now
>Nuclear throne
>Earthbound
>paper mario
>undertale
>stardew valley
>Five nights at freddies
Do you have any idea how many trailers I've seen for games that are literally just
>you plant crops on a grid, water them every day, and then talk to NPCs and fish in the meantime
It's fucking sad and drowns out actual original games
I don't get it, some of these ripoff games clearly have a lot of time and money invested in them, why not get an actual fucking developer job instead of making stardew valley with less features

Attached: 3x3 indie version.png (920x922, 1.36M)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/1758250/Rainboy/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Can anyone explain why so many talentless hacks with 0 original ideas go into indie game development?
>pic related
kys clickbaiter

Pic related are all good games and you are retarded.
Because it's easy to copy what the good indie games do without putting much effort. Perfect example is store.steampowered.com/app/1758250/Rainboy/
It's literally just Celeste, but people gobble it up because it's "inspired by" an obviously better and original game.

kys illiterate misunderstander

>It's literally just Celeste
idk, just looking at the trailer the movement look quite different than celeste

Shit like this has literally been happening since the birth of gaming. "Genres" were born because people saw a cool game getting popular and went like " hey, I can do that too!"

Example is how after the huge success of Doom there were loads of "doom clones" coming out

Playing mario maker has convinced me that a majority of people are incapable of creativity

>paper mario
Examples?

>OP posts 3x3 of good indie games and complains about how samey a lot of new stuff is
>your only response is a shitty insult
What am I misunderstanding?
I was mainly talking about the style, I guess the deck builder roguelike games would be a better example of this happening gameplay-wise.

>user discovers what cash-ins are
Movie industry has it too, it is just easier to solo make a game than a movie.

but the thing is most of these aren't cash ins, they clearly had a lot of work put into them and tend to have few sales

You misunderstood why I called OP's post clickbait.
You somehow arrived at the conclusion that I must hate these games.
With your purely reactionary and ignorant conclusions, you decided to dish out insults.

Attached: clickbait.png (357x550, 300.98K)

>wordswordswordswordswordswords
You still haven't explained how it's clickbait, the filename is literally "3x3 indie version", why would you assume he thinks these are bad games just because he talked about bad indie games generally?

It is literally how "genres" work and everything in life too.
Few examples:
Business becomes successfull (starbucks), many entrepreneurs try to open a coffee shop.
Album becomes a 10/10 masterpiece, many bands are born simply to copy what already exists.

While it could be said that many are failing you dont see the other side which is how fucking hard to come up with something "original".
It's like a jungle, would you go on a trope or just carve your own way through it?
And same thing applies to human brains, would your brain pick something similar which it knows can give you hapiness or something completely new?

And OP games are themselves are clones of something else or a mix of two-three different "cloning genres".
Very few things are ORIGINAL and even less are originals successful enough to born a new genre.

>why tf all trees green? Can't they come up with new colors?

You genuinely have fucking autism dude

>>wordswordswordswordswordswords
Illiterate has trouble reading three sentences. No surprises.
>the filename is literally "3x3 indie version"
You don't see filenames until you click on a thread, retard.

>oh no, I made an assumption before checking the thread and now that I have it's not what I think it is, I have been duped
picrel is literally you rn

Attached: 1654727105739.png (680x712, 650.79K)

stardew valley is a shameless harvest moon clone and i still wonder why noone has sued the "creator" yet

Undertale is an Earthbound clone, Stardew Valley is a Harvest Moon clone, Nuclear Throne is a Rogue/Batsugun clone etc

>everything i said was wrong... but that's okay.
picrel is you

Attached: w8n9ovbtr0p51.png (693x677, 403.27K)

familiarity is actually a very important marketing strategy
people tend to want to buy games similar to the ones they already like
if i look at a screenshot, and just with that i already KNOW that i'm going to like the game, then it's more likely that i will buy it.

Sure man, enjoy getting angry over literally nothing, like you did with this thread.

How often do you see an indie dev follow up a successful game with something different?
It seems indie devs get a hit and never are seen again or just ride that one game/series forever.
Lucas Pope is an exception who did Papers Please and then did Obra Dinn. Are there others like him? From what I know of the games in OP image none of those devs went and did a second different game.