Are you okay with open-world games completely dominating the AAA landscape...

Are you okay with open-world games completely dominating the AAA landscape? We are NEVER going back to handcrafted linear experiences. Open-world slop, now and forever.

Attached: images - 2022-06-16T163907.148.jpg (739x415, 46.92K)

Breath of the Wild and Elden Ring are the only 2 games to have an actually interesting open world.

I will eat the bugs
I will take the brain chip
I will consume the open world games
I will be happy

Weak bait.

It depends. I love truly open world games where you can go and do literally anything you want, but I prefer there still be a sense of progression. BOTW did this very well by giving you breadcrumbs to follow if you want. However I hate the open world games like Bethesda's where you're shown exactly where to do and what you must do at all times.

I like linear games like platformers, but I hate the sort of "cinematic" games where you walk from set piece to set piece with little input from the player.

contrarian retard

Fuck empty ass boring open world games and fuck little decorated as fuck tiny ass games, too. Bring back medium-sized shit.

Examples?

Meds, now.

Though I don't like them, I'm fine with it. I do believe that eventually, people will actually make an open world game that is fun to explore. Even though BOTW is kinda eh, it raised the bar that other games are now trying to raise themselves and eventually, I think open world games will catch up to games with small worlds. And while this shit is being produced, there's plenty of games I can still play.

I just want good games I don't care if they're open world or linear. Genshin is good and I'll be happily playing it while everyone else is left to play nu trash.

Normies only want to play open world, why do you think last deus ex flopped so hard? because it wasn't open world, want to play hand crafted worlds full of soul? then buy and support AA (Like Greedfall, Destroy all humans remakes or Ys games) and indie games (like Chronicles Of Myrtana or Eastward or Disco Elysium) or AAA like Prey or almost anything from Bandai (Tales games, Scarlet Nexus, Yakuza, God Eater 1-3 and Code Vein) not every AAA is open world but most earning are for sure.

Pic related is literally a handcrafted linear experience but OP doesn't play the game

Attached: featured-underground-mine-genshin-impact.jpg (1200x675, 77.86K)

>Chinks compared their gacha garbage to elden ring and putting them in the same category

Attached: 1638767857442.jpg (300x360, 77.45K)

It depends. I prefer linear games but I do like some open world games. It depends how it's executed. I'm sick the Ubisoft model where it's just these dumb repetitive activities everywhere.

The most immersive open world I've ever played is probably RDR2. I never used the coach travel because you'd always come across something while riding out to your destination. World felt alive.

Pretty much any game from the ps1-ps2 era

Zelda, Souls, Sonic, Pokemon, Diablo, SMT... if Bowser's Fury is anything to go by Mario is next. I for one welcome our open world overlords.

If BOTW hadn't come out, the open world would have died off but it gave it at least another half decade of life.

BOTW is just empty plains

I'm ok with it. I've given up on AAA years ago.
Other people can eat the slop.

>SMT
>Open world
I hope you're not referring to V. Just because the zones aren't literal hallways doesn't mean it's not linear.

This
Why bother with uninspired trend-chasing garbage?

>look I'm so le zoomer, I like every fotm garbage ever xD
Like I said, weak bait.