Can't play .avi and subtitles from a usb key

>Can't play .avi and subtitles from a usb key

I can't believe it.

Attached: ps5_hardware_render.0.jpg (1200x800, 39.78K)

just plug it into your tv

i don't see why you couldn't just plug it in to your tv

Get a lg c1. I have 5tb external hdd plugin with 4k movies playing at 40mb/s bit rate

the future is streaming
sony expects you to just use plex lol

Lol bunch of fucking clowns.

You're a thief.

You think that's bad? I bought a PS5 because expendable income and I haven't owned a console since the PS2, I only just now learned that you can't stream 4k content on the PS5, it just simply doesn't let you. Fucking stupid ass Sony.

Attached: 1510782703583.jpg (576x432, 102.74K)

Fucking thing won't even let you connect to bluetooth headsets or speakers unless it's Sony brand unless you use a dongle as a workaround. The most insulting thing is that the console will show the device but will refuse to let you connect.

i tried some video files on it earlier today. i recall PS4's media player at least tried to display subtitles but they weren't styled and were practically impossible to read. PS5's media player just doesn't display subtitles at all.
even though it understands flac and mkv, it doesn't like mkvs with flac and plays them silently, if it all - a lot of video files just don't play even though other files with the same codecs and container will. it's nonsense.
it's evident sony doesn't want you to use the media player for anything but looking at your own game captures.

ummm, you know you just cant use the Netflix™ and Crunchyroll™ apps, don't you chud?

>I recall PS4's media player at least tried to display subtitles but they weren't styled and were practically impossible to read
yeah, they must have updated it. I sold my PS4 years ago and just got a Pro for a pretty good deal, and the first thing I tried to do on it was play 4K content and it both plays the video and loads up the subs/plays them without any issues at all.

>be snoy
>literally no games
>can only use his PS5 to watch weebshit
you cant make this shit up

Attached: file.png (300x300, 94.26K)

Why are you still using .avi files? I'm sure whatever 2006 download you got can be found in better quality in a modern encode.

>he bought a PS5 that can't do what a cheap chromecast does

.avi are soulless anyway, anime was meant to be viewed via RealPlayer.

Holy kek I thought the problem came from my earbuds.

Jesus Christ how did Sony fumble this badly and why is it never brought up during console war threads on Any Forums?

No idea. Was pissed when I discovered it since the Switch has let you connect any bluetooth receiver to it while Sony wants a walled garden for some reason. Don't know if the Series X does the same thing as I don't have it.

I thought that switch doesn't allow anything like that? Anyway what's the reason for connecting bluetooth shit straight to your console that's not portable? Wouldn't you want everything to go through your amplifier?

that is literally all your fault, you clown

>I thought that switch doesn't allow anything like that?
an update came last year

I have the PS5 and Switch connected to my computer monitor and have them linked to my PC speakers via bluetooth. Had to get a dongle for the PS5 while the Switch connected immediately.