I just ordered mine. What am I in for?

I just ordered mine. What am I in for?
Please tell me it's a good emulation machine

Attached: steam-deck-main.jpg (1092x819, 194.98K)

Everything I have seen seems like a pretty damn good machine. I'm looking into getting one myself.

>this thing is longer than an iPadPad

Attached: 1646514183062.png (368x442, 289.15K)

it's good and I don't really have complaints
it actually ruined gaming for me similarly to how putting cheat codes in games "ruins" them.

time to grind in the real world I guess for credits

normal people do some research before they buy stuff like this

What do you mean? Just because it's portable doesn't mean it's the ideal solution.

Shills no longer using the word "deck" since jannies starting banning their salesman threads.
Fucking hilarious

Steam DECK
Tell me if the Steam DECK will play Phantasy Star Blue Burst. I'll spend $1000 on a scalped one if I can play PSO on my STEAM DECK

Just get a loki max or an aya geek ffs. This thing is xbix hueg

>Chinese companies
Uh, I'm good. Thanks.

>deck thread
>"chinese" as a sole criticism of competitors
Gosh how surprising

I'm excited for my steam deck. (valve paid me millions to say this)

Had it since May. Honestly emulation is a waste on this - there are, or at least will be, better machines for just emulation. The best part of the this thing is the touchpads and being able to play PC games that would require a mouse and keyboard otherwise. Really fun device I'm sure you'll enjoy yours.

I got mine a month ago. That's all I've been playing on it. Didn't even have to map controls and it's already using a similar control scheme to the gamecube. Next I need to get the gamecube emulator and download it for that so I can play some local coop and metroid prime. I'm loving mine as an old pc game/emulator machine.

Attached: 1652610976857.gif (512x384, 2.24M)

It's a great emulation machine, I've been enjoying mine that way a lot.
It can also play modern AAA games, but you'll get pretty mediocre battery life doing so, it's good in a pinch though.
I find it's best emulating or playing midrange games for about 4-6 hours battery life and smooth performance.
What exactly are you looking to emulate?

What game is that?

Thats PS0 on DS.

earlier, i literally just invited a friend from work, and my cousins kid over to play gamecube PSO with my GF in 4 a player game. ha.

i always come back to this game (and i originally hated it sooo much when i 1st played it on dreamcast)

Kek nah

Attached: aynlokiprice.png (1073x988, 464.58K)

When did you pre order?
I'm day one and still haven't gotten my email.
It's insane to me that after all these months they still aren't done with the day 1 orders.

Attached: 1655355731479.gif (500x371, 250.74K)

You ordered it without looking into it yourself beforehand, so you came to fucking Any Forums to see if you fucked up?

Attached: 1433072171051-3.jpg (152x201, 29.14K)

It’s way more polished and works way better out of the box than everyone said.
Granted all the reviewers got early software and the first batches were still early software. But still, it’s been pretty good.

Emulation is great, I was playing PS2 games (which I’ve never bothered to emulate before) and have been playing a bunch of indieshit from GOG installers (easy to manually install)
I don’t own any newer consoles, but actually got the Xbox game pass for cheap and have been playing Xbox Cloud gaming on it too.
Works well enough for single player or casual games.

I was a gigantic fan of the trackpads on the steam controller, and the trackpads on this are amazing too. It really makes mouse and keyboard games playable.
Overall I’m pretty happy with it.

The price is a bit steep, If I could go back I would buy the 64gb one and add a 512nvme myself (they cost 50$)
But overall the hardware is pretty good and the software will be continuously upgraded and pushed
Valve wants gamers to leave windows for Linux, they are going to use this as their way of forcing the hands of devs and easing user in

If you waited to preorder until you knew everything about it, you'd probably be waiting until 2024 for it to come

>good emulation machine
>great emulation machine
>emulation machine
>emulation machine

>i'm enjoying mine
>you'll enjoy yours
>enjoy
>enjoy

creepy shill thread or standard bot thread? U DECIDE

>Chinese
Oh, uh..no thank you.

Performance on the fucking thing is really strange on some titles. I can't get Death Stranding DC to run well and look decent at all, but apparently others report getting decent performance. Same applies to a couple other games, like Monster Hunter Rise, which has a really fucky frametime.

I was also day 1, ordered as fast as I could with the aids servers so like 20 minutes after launch.
Ordered a 512, roommate ordered a 256

256 came in maybe a month ago and I just got mine about a week ago
Both were Q2
It won’t be long for you

You realize the orders are backed up for a stupid long time, and that they can’t pump them out fast enough?
What good would shilling do, someone who had never heard of it can’t go and just buy one

I'm interested in the alder lake ver. But it's a fucking celeron.

the deck is made in china from chinese parts by chinese people working for chinese companies

Would be nice to actually order one.
>July-September

Attached: 1470476150550.jpg (250x250, 46.03K)

afaik the aya devices have the better cheaper option, but the ayn have the better max power option.

Makes sense, I got my 256gb order in a few hours after the announcement, so not right away. With my date being Q2 and it being halfway through June I've been getting impatient, but your perspective helps.

>What good would shilling do

You ever heard of the secondhand market and scalpers?

>why would someone hype a product that's out of stock

Attached: steamebay.jpg (1684x947, 192.15K)