The best boss in all of video games

the best boss in all of video games

Attached: slave knight gael mobius.jpg (3000x1759, 2.03M)

not even the best boss in the dlc

>literally makes the most powerful force in the Souls series his bitch

Gael is good, but the best? Nah

Attached: burnt_ivory_king.jpg (1600x2265, 384.55K)

this is unironically the only reason I replay ds2 at least once a year

why did I enjoy Friede, Midir and Gael so much despite repeatedly getting my shit pushed in, while I found all the end game bosses of ER so tiresome? I played DS3 after ER.

Redpill on on this guy.

ER bosses do a LOT more damage which can fell more unfair and the endgame of elden ring is pretty shit, just a bunch of reused enemies and barebones areas which probably colored your opinions of the bosses.

Attached: here it comes.png (1414x878, 688.68K)

>Damage sponge with meme anime spins
Nah

didn't play ds2 DLC?
it's an arena surrounded by fire portals, you start the fight with multiple of his knights coming out of portals and ganking you, then a huge portal appears and he comes in and it's basically impossible to defeat them all together
the trick is you have to go back and revisit the whole frozen level again except after triggering melting the ice new areas open up and you can find icey knights pledging loyalty to you; you go back in the fight and they join you and sacrifice themselves to close the fire portals so it'll become a honorable 1v1 duel with the king
it's a nice gimmick that feels unique and relies on the bigger level design

>>damage sponge
It's just a boss with multiple phases. His HP is a bit more than SoC but less than Freide, seems pretty reasonable

Attached: sister friede jilen.jpg (1131x1600, 618.43K)

That's a strange picture of Radahn

Because 1700HP + 40-50% DR plays very different from 1400 HP + 10-20% DR

It also doesn't help that most weapons has awful R1 and R2 values, which turns a lot of the better tuned fights into slogs if you don't use a good Weapon art, jumping Power stance, or a very high AR weapon.
A lot of the later bosses also have very wonky openings, that often require you to use jump attacks or a partially ranged WA to deal with it.

Attached: Saint-George-and-the-Dragon-John-Fastolf.jpg (953x1600, 1.03M)

But that's not Orphan of Kos

Because a sizeable amount of ER bosses are repurposed content from other games, have annoying tracking, AOE, overtuned damage and theres no investment emotionally when you face them. There are exceptions to this like Godrick or Radahn but the majority of them just suck. Malenia is a discount Sekiro encounter. Godfrey constantly spams AOE and his grab hitboxes in phase 2 are cancer. Radagon has teleporting AOE. Maliketh does 100 flips in the air, spams AOE and does a chunk of damage that also inflicts DOT. Fighting 1000000 Ulcerated Tree Spirits, Night Cavalry, Asylum Demon Tree Spirits or Bell Bearing Hunters cheapens their encounters. Imagine if DS1 made every Black Knight a boss like how the Crucible Knights are? Or if you fought another version of the Abyss Watchers in some cavern like how you fight a Godrick reskin.

just a ripoff of Owl

Don't know about all of vidya, but I will claim Gael is still the best Fromsoft boss
>outstanding OST
>The setting/ and plot was a curve ball that enticed curiosity and kept me, the gamer, hooked
>The fight itself, like his movesets were challenging but not janky or too fast
>2nd phase OST cue with his slow walk forward
>3rd phase OST, fiery dark souls spewing out, fucking lighting striking all around, and to this day no boss made me study their choreography like Gael. That fucking slam down, flips while shooting at you, to two more slam down
Due to ER being most recently played, Radahn would be a good runner up but his OST is lacking, lore wise, I was excited to finally face him but was a victim of my own expectations (not how I imagined the festival would go down)

Attached: 20210804010210_1.jpg (1920x1080, 657.32K)

friede was way harder, gael's a bitch

He has much higher damage resistance though

Remember when loreniggers were seething about Velka not being in the final DLC and that Gael was the end boss?

no, I don't, but not surprised Any Forums found something to complain about. How do you feel about Gael user?

for me it's pic rel

Attached: __tarnished_blaidd_the_half_wolf_starscourge_radahn_patches_iron_fist_alexander_and_3_more_elden_ring_drawn_by_aljerek__sample-b8b9b7086791c3f8c8a969842f96cfc6.jpg (850x478, 59.78K)

The fight was a little long but it was dynamic so it was fun. Kinda cool that the final final boss was kind of a nobody.