Play pre gen-7 game

>play pre gen-7 game
>feel the need to explore every nook and cranny

>play gen-7 or later game
>just want to get it over with and only begrudgingly explore if the game forces me

What causes this

Attached: 995b824.png (1280x720, 895.75K)

>What causes this
Good taste.

an inactive imagination. if things look realistic to you then you are unable to imagine what could be beyond what is already there. you are only compelled to explore when you intuitively feel there is something more. the sad thing is that imaginationlets like you tend to blame realism rather than your empty head.

Twilight Princess did this to me. I had to explore every God damn pixel of that map.

Attached: 04.jpg (640x480, 61.03K)

>what could be beyond what is already there
Are you fucking retarded? There is no room for imagination, gen 7 garbage is soulless trash that loves to direct every step you take through their on rails movie game """open world""". Map markers, failure for leaving "the mission area", or not doing exactly what you're supposed to do or selecting the wrong dialogue """"option"""". Keep coping you fucking disgusting tranny faggot.

>There is no room for imagination
coping with having no imagination

>older game rarely has rewards for exploration if it's a game that does it at all
>explore fucking everything anyway
>newer games give you +1 trash and sometimes upgrades that make you objectively stronger
>it's such a slog I ignore all that shit

Older games tended to hide stuff in those nooks and crannies and rewarded you for exploring.

lol no
new games are just shit

they are much bigger and its all copy pasted and boring
so its just a chore

Because they don't hide stuff in newer games, it's either hallways or massive open worlds

Attached: 1505436993648.jpg (900x578, 177.75K)

>that one edit where Ronnie falls of that cliff after the last panel

>if things look realistic to you then you are unable to imagine what could be beyond what is already there
You're saying he has no imagination, but it's like your proving his point. Since modern games strive for realism, there is inherently less surprises. Therefore no compelling reason to explore when you know what to expect.

Attached: 15.jpg (1280x720, 80.4K)

like I said, blaming realism rather than your lack of imagination. if we both see a red dot we both see an apple. if you see an apple you see an apple. if I see an apple I see the world

>if I see an apple I see the world
That's called schizophrenia user

> if we both see a red dot we both see an apple. if you see an apple you see an apple. if I see an apple I see the world
Can someone explain what this nigga is saying?

if the jump from red dot to apple makes sense to you but apple to world doesn't then you are just proving my point. you have an inactive imagination in the face of realism

A dot is incomplete information, an apple is complete piece of information

games should be shorter filled with more meaningful rewards for exploring instead of giant open world grind fests that hide consumables and crafting components in treasure chests in randomly generated dungeons

Why are you even playing games when you can imagine entire worlds in your head from a dot?

by "incomplete information" you just mean "it's nothing realistic so I can imagine it to be something else" and by "complete information" you just mean "it's something realistic so I can't imagine it to be something else". we aren't on the same page there
we're talking about imagination as being the drive to explore in games. sure I can imagine all kinds of stuff without a video game (mental games are a thing) but we're talking about how it makes playing video games a better experience.