Mabinogi is soul

Mabinogi is soul.

Attached: 164809.jpg (1600x1200, 1.05M)

>silky tights

Attached: pepe-daydreaming.jpg (225x225, 8.77K)

Nao was my original big tiddy waifu.

Attached: __nao_mabinogi_drawn_by_chixiao__41849cf4b056f9bf733bea35f560a077.jpg (2031x2863, 3.5M)

>morrigan reincarnated a dead 12 year old into this body

i played maplestory, dragon nest, and dungeon fighter online instead

Mabinogi really was a unique MMO experience when it first came out, I'm glad I got to experience it when it first released. You had to do a lot of grinding and work to get good equipment, I was too lazy to do that or join a guild. I did like that you could do basically anything. Farming, making clothes, could even fucking make pretty much any song and play it in-game. They had a program that converted songs to musical notes for the instruments in game, it was awesome. I'd stand in the plaza and play anime songs and shit.

The combat system was pretty fun as well, like the combos, plus once they started adding transformations like paladin, dark knight, falcon knight or whatever. They had all kinds of combat styles, even alchemist and it was unique.

my wife muriel

Attached: Murielle.png (345x498, 158.78K)

Would have loved to play a high rates private server of this. Crazy how they have vindictus, wow, black desert, and even final fantasy xi private servers but nothing for mabinogi.

There are private servers but mabi's code has always been glued and taped together. I feel that high rate servers would diminish the point of the social features cause everybody would just max out skills and then afk in town.

Pserver of mabi would ruin the entire game
it's about slowly exploring and progressing through the world
the faster it is the worse it is

That's an argument for many high rate servers but in the end it depends on the players.
Some players don't need the endless grind to keep them playing they just want to cap everything then chill.
Other players with no grind will whine there is "nothing to do" then quit.
Unfortunately that's why all MMOs have this endless annoying grind these days because of the type B people. And type A just has to suffer.

type a people can still play mabi and just not grind
those players often also are typically the ones that find themselves enjoying the non combat skills so maybe invest in those instead of combat

You can immerse yourself in the world without having to grind numbers.
If lifeskill ranks were completely removed and when you chopped trees or sheered sheep it just counted as RankA the game would just start out fun instead of starting at RankF getting shit, working for weeks to hit RankA so you can then "play" the game.
But that's my stance on MMOs, I can still enjoy a game at level100 with everything capped out. Others might whine they need "content", which what they really want is an endless grind because they seek the dopamine seeing numbers go up.

I don't really care if it's numbers specifically I'm just saying there needs to be some sort of gating to slow it down so you can properly enjoy and take everything in. If you're just dropped into a world with access to the greatest tools you're not going to spend as much time as the guy who started with nothing.

An example of gating without numbers is the quest books for magic spells. You have to get those pages. No number you can grind out you just get a task and have to figure out your way to complete it.

Wow, I thought I was the only one on Any Forums that played Mabinogi.

There's a nice thread on /vm/ that talks about mabi

>Mabinogi was soul
FTFY. The more time that past and the more Nexon neglected to update certain mechanics while still making them mandatory for certain things the worse it got. And that's not even mentioning the money-hungry shit they pull and its cancerous community.

*was
I'm not even one of those "alchemy killed mabinogi" or "nooooo not the scooterino" guys (though I admit gen 1 to 3 was the best fucking time I've ever had while playing a mmo), I actually kept enjoying the game around then. The knights arc was what killed it for me, the setting itself was ok, but gameplay wise it's a dumpster fire.

This and the games tendency to design a problem to monetize the hell out of the solution is what killed it for me. Plus other players can be fucking sociopaths depending on who you meet.

>Plus other players can be fucking sociopaths depending on who you meet.
Am I the only one who remembers the literal faggot who won a forum contest because he shaved his head to make a doll of Sabina with his own hair?

i want that doll

I tried to get back into Mabinogi a while ago and logged onto my old account but the sheer amount of shit that popped up and got dropped on me was quite overwhelming.

Wasn't it one of her usual orbiters, too? Makes me glad the cunt got fired.

F0 more like N0

My rule of thumb was staying away from people with wings or other rare gacha stuff, those are usually the standard obnoxious mmo community.

I played for 2 months ish last fall. When I came back to it then I decided to just make a new account. There was no way I was going to be able to get back in without a tutorial. Though I think I'd be fine if I picked it back up again now.