A coworker said she wanted to get rid of her PS3 and that I could have it for (what would be around) 50 bucks

A coworker said she wanted to get rid of her PS3 and that I could have it for (what would be around) 50 bucks.
Should I get a PS3 in 2022 so I could play the old classics?

Attached: file.png (225x225, 45.18K)

nopaystation and sure 50 bucks is a steal.

the ps3 has no falcon games. everything's been ported over

50 bucks isn’t bad for a super slim. You can always install hen and play backups on it

yeah, you can turn it into a ps1 if you want as well.

yes buy it
haggle with your cock

Can I run PS2 games as well? I've never played some "classics" like kingdom hearts and the such.

Only the OG fat PS3 can do that. You can still play the ps2 classics available on psn, but for everything else you would need retroarch. Which is a use at your own discretion because it messes with the fan. I've never done it so I'm unsure how well it even runs.

blogpost-
few years ago was working at some "non profit" place that picked unwanted stuff from people and sold it. which was most of the time so shit that we had to decline.
it was really shitty shelf that no one would ever buy. said that yea we can't take this thing.
the couple went furious that they already ordered new shelf and had to get rid of the old one. started cursing and saying that then don't walk on my carpets with your boots if you don't take our shitty shelf and threw us out.
not before mentioning that there was also backwards compatibility ps3 that they were gonna give but now they'd give it to some other "charity". just annoying because could've nicked that up during transit because don't have one of those

If it's not the fat OG model then It's software emulation which can be from awful glitchy or unplayable to fine.

why does shit like this never happen to me?

So what did mean?

Neet-kun I….

Idk man. I just bought a modded slim model (cech-25XX) and I can play ps2 games on it without emulator. I downloaded iso files from the internet and they play just fine

it runs on emulator

Only the FAT OG ps3 can run ps2 games natively, everything else is software emulation.

Is multiman emulating them? I'm too lazy to install webman

There are not many games locked to a PS3 these days (or that gen if you dont have a 360). However for $50 it is not a bad deal. DESU it costs about that much if not more just to get a DS3 these days.

All PS3s play ps1 games natively. Ps2 was only supported on the $599 one.

every single ps3 firmware has software emulation, but only the ps3fat has ps2 hardware inside it for maximum compatibility, meaning some ps2 games have glitches or dont work on newer ps3 models.
some ps3 games have both official sony and community patches (.config files) to fix them for software emulation, which is what ps2 classics sold on psn come with.

Yeah you can up a load of sevond hand games for probably less than $1 each

There were actually 2 different types of PS2 hardware emulation in PS3.

The first type contains the PS2 CPU+GPU. That was in the launch PS3s (20GB/60GB in US only). The other one is PS2 GPU + emulated CPU. That one was in the 80GB I believe, which came out like a year later. They took it all out with the 40GB model that came later.

The 80GB BC is pretty good but has more issues than the original which makes sense.

only launch ntsc and ntsc-j have ps2 hardware. launch pal ones have like half ps2 hardware. but everything that is slim or super slim is pure emulation

all PS3s emulate PS1
There is no PS2 emulation on PS3s after the first few fats in like 2006-2008

Attached: fat.png (2297x514, 81.36K)