System menu for Deckard included in latest Steam VR beta

>System menu for Deckard included in latest Steam VR beta
>Same thing happened for the Deck a month or two before its announcement

Index 2 with RDNA3 announcement soon?

Attached: Index 2.jpg (1280x720, 260.15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ovlbXVwoN8s
youtu.be/5FWDSFVp3NM
youtu.be/Zmg-Lc-byAs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Source: youtube.com/watch?v=ovlbXVwoN8s

cant wait to pay $1000 and drill shit into my walls just to play some glorified mobile games

Unlikely future headsets will outright require base stations, thought the betas do show support for them

I hope it isn't JUST a stand alone headset. I want to hook it up to my PC and play modded shit and games/programs not specifically on Steam too.

why wouldn't it support PCVR user? quest 2 is standalone and also supports it

Attached: 1654384598405.png (594x790, 702.95K)

thank god

I'm not used to companies giving me what I want.

Valve wouldn't not make something that works standalone. Hell the Deck allows alternative OS installs and worked to support audio drivers for Windows

Is drilling your walls some huge issue in burgerland?
Also I've set up 3 of those things without drilling a single one to a wall, do you not have shelves?

The antenna the arrow points at exists to connect wirelessly to your PC

>in burgerland
The plebs can't own property. That's only for landlords, corporations, and the Chinese. Everyone else is forced to rent and landlords usually don't like you drilling holes in the wall.

Honestly I'd just be happy if Gabe locked the Linux guys and SteamVR guys in the same room and forced them to unfuck the steam dashboard on linux

If its wireless, 8k with good lens and tracking, im gonna consoom.
I hate Meta more than that guy from kazachstan hates women.

>Deckard 2
>Month or two away from announcement
Have you seen the absolute state of SteamVR on Linux?
2 years away minimum, most likely 4

How are you even going to run games on that thing? I like my Deck, but it has trouble running a lot of games at 720p and gets super hot when it does. Running games at the Index's 1440x1600 twice at 144hz sounds impossible, and is already difficult for dedicated gaming rigs. AMD and Linux are shit at VR on their own too.

Attached: 1.jpg (293x336, 27.16K)

Normal games seem to work well on SteamOS on the Deck. Did anyone test how VR performs on those? It might be closer than we think.

>How are you even going to run games on that thing?
>RDNA3 performance boost
>Foveated rendering
Those are two things that could definitely help

1) why are retards so frightened of drilling holes in their wall?
2) even if they're optional, you might still want them. My Quest 2 periodically loses tracking or requires to re-map my space, but the lighthouse systems I've used have always been rock solid.

>it has trouble running a lot of games at 720p
Name em?

Even putting what is essentially a helmet on your head is offputting to a number of people, the more requirements and set up you add to actually enjoy VR the more offputting it is to people, even I don't want to have to set up lighthouse tracking, it's inconvenient and finnicky even if in your eyes it's very rock solid and just works once you have it all set up.
It's just one more annoyance added to the process that should already be made as simple as possible, camera based tracking is going to be the longer term option, if something better doesn't take over.

>Did anyone test how VR performs on those?
youtu.be/5FWDSFVp3NM
youtu.be/Zmg-Lc-byAs

Nice, this could be really fun while I'm on the train.

If you connect it wireless then you can still have your PC render the game
The Vive already had one of those antennas available. I never owned one of those so I can't say if there was any huge latency issues but I don't think I heard people complain about that.

I wonder if they'll be some upgrade attachement for the index, I'm not going to hold my breath tho.

Is inside out tracking even realistic for the people that want to have 3 or 5 additional trackers elsewhere on their body?