Elden Ring saved open world gaming

Elden Ring saved open world gaming.

You cannot refute this.

Attached: sample_aeaba71fe73b59dd564391f59f6fca38.jpg (850x935, 292.47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/2019/06/21/elden-ring-is-an-evolution-of-dark-souls-says-creator-a-e3-2019
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yeah, by being oyl good open world game in what, five years?

put her clothes back on

>world has nothing in it

I want to fuck Melina

No, it really didn't. The situation just got way worse than before. It's innovative for the souls formula, but surely it did not save the genre.
I still need to understand why the FUCK doesn't fromsoftware add cities in their games.
For fucking sake, i'm not asking for fucking skyrim, but atleast some villages where you can rest, talk with NPCs, buy items, upgrade weapons etc.
It's crazy how we can't even upgrade our fucking horse. Couldn't they add some armor for his defense or a pair of metal hoof to make him go faster?

Attached: 1655150040289.png (209x200, 31.72K)

why

It saved open world games by being a dark souls game with a pointless open world between areas?

>"Creating a more open game is a big challenge for us. If we were to add towns on top of that, it would become a bit too much, so we decided to create an open-world-style game focused on what we are best at."
ign.com/articles/2019/06/21/elden-ring-is-an-evolution-of-dark-souls-says-creator-a-e3-2019

how long before we get to see elden ring clones? I'm guessing ubisoft will atleast make one and completely miss the point of it like with their BoTW clone.

Attached: 1444295233581.jpg (600x703, 45.89K)

>We don't want to work on our shitty engine that everyone manages to break every single time with the same 10 years old glitches, so instead we'll stress our engine furthermore by recycling and spamming assets here and there.
Friendly reminder that our dear deathcam is still in elden ring, and the first time we met her was in demon's souls.
It's very clear that fromsoft prefers to make a good story instead of a good engine to enhance their games.

What? It fell into the same tropes as every open world game before it

I don't think Elden Ring has a copyable formula like BoTW. It's literally just an open world that isn't complete dogshit designed to waste your time and tick a box for mass appeal.
The differences between ER's open world and other off the top of my head:
>It actually has non-linear progression (what all open worlds should have but dont)
>Areas have level scaling that determine their difficulty, but everything you can physically access is beatable without grinding or even leveling up at all (i.e. everything pre-Capital is fair game even for a low level)
>It's more like a big Diablo level than an actual living world

kill your self elden tranny

How the fuck would elden ring save open world gaming?
For fucking sake, if this is the frontier of open world gaming, then I prefer the loading screen zones like in monster hunter.
Elden ring has no fucking content whatsoever except for the first area of the game and the endgame.
The only savior for open world games is that bunch of shit of starfield (that will surely get saved by mods, like it happened for skyrim) and TESVI (this will be a bunch of rushed unfinished shit too, but mods will still save it).
The idea of a good open world that will save both gaming and genre, is the concept of cyberpunk 2077. But that went in the trash because cdProjekt had to hire le quirky reddit celebrity

Attached: 1655186356265.jpg (2366x1532, 616.03K)

There's something admirable about them staying in their lane and just trying to do what they do best. But I agree that they've taken this humility to it's logical extreme and it really shows.

Attached: 2022-03-06 15_41_35-ELDEN RING Digital Artbook & Soundtrack.png (1920x1080, 3.12M)

>stress our engine more
>by recycling and spamming assets
user this would stress the engine *less* not more, spamming assets saves on VRAM

>Non-linear progression
Maybe you meant a non-linear exploration, because you are forced to do certain actions to progress the story and the game in general.
You can't start a NG+ and rush directly to Malenia
>Level scaling area
Agreed, even if enemies will be a pain in the ass if you challenge more than one
>Big diablo level
Agreed

Attached: 1655149453811.jpg (421x348, 18.04K)

Elden rings open world is like a linear game but glued together to form many different paths so you can take different routes but alot of the times ends up in the same chokepoint before it opens up again.
It's entirely different than lets a say a assassins creed open world.

You fucking ret-
>You're right
I'm fucking dumb
Yeah that makes sense

Attached: 1654847335614.png (1503x814, 1.01M)

yeah...thats why everything after Lyndel feels like shit right?

whats killing open world games, like farcry and its' 10000 imitations, is the
>CLIMB THE HECKIN WATCHTOWER!
>LIBERATE LE ENEMY BASE! WOW!
>NOW DO IT AGAIN BUT THIS ONE'S PART OF THE MAIN QUESTLINE SO ITS DIFFERENT BECAUSE UHHH....IT JUST IS OKAY!!
>repeat ten-dozen times and that is the entire game
The adoration of open world games was a mistake and just gave devs complete and total license to copy and paste 20 or so bases around a big procedural map, give them all zero significance or interaction/interdependence with each other. The best thing about Elden Ring is that it doesn't do any of this shit.
its ok user, you did the right thing which is validating my take

I guess it really only applies to the first part of the game where you get to choose which of the two shardbearers to kill out of the 4 available to you.
I've never been able to sit through an open world asscreed for long, is it's main path less linear than ERs?

there is a super duper secret about the true nature of marika, and one of the hints is found in the concept of "unwanted children", of which marika has multiple in the form of the soulless demigods of the walking mausoleums.

the first and most logical assumption is that they are demigods who were killed during the dire plot, and this may be at least partially right, but there is an overlooked part to all of this: they are not the only reference to unwanted children. "unwanted children" are directly mentioned three times.

1. marika's soulless demigods of the walking mausoleums
2. malenia's kindred of rot, her abandoned children.
3. rykard's snake people, most notably rya of the volcano manor.

malenia's unwanted children are born from her rot god.
rykard's unwanted children are born from his snake god.

marika was the unwilling empyrean of destined death, who turned to gold to seal it. Godwyn is prince of death by rightful lineage

Attached: 1655269051583.png (3096x711, 2.59M)