What's stopping Nintendo from making a Legend of Zelda game that uses the sort of painterly 1980s-anime artstyle that...

What's stopping Nintendo from making a Legend of Zelda game that uses the sort of painterly 1980s-anime artstyle that adorned their old magazines?

Attached: zelda-nintendo_fun_club_cover.png (859x973, 1.49M)

Soulless faggots.

Attached: SoulSoullessLinksAwakening.png (618x478, 168.1K)

I want this art style to return so bad.
I want Japanese fantasy franchises to attempt visually aping Record of Lodoss War again.

Attached: zelda2-nintendo_fun_club.png (818x864, 1.18M)

it looks like shit

right is better

damn that looks terrible

kinosoul

That looks like garbage

They should hire Haruhiko Mikimoto as the character designer.

Fucking Snow White and the 7 dwarves looking ass what a garbage link

zoomers love botw too much its stupid for them not to ride that money train until it dries up

Tell me exactly what’s wrong with the pic on the right

Not him, but both of you are fucking delusional.

That’s ugly as fuck

Attached: 4FDEC506-1599-4F20-89BA-C6AF5D4A4AE5.jpg (799x683, 206.7K)

Thank you for telling me exactly what’s wrong with the image on the right.

While i think the gameboy zeldas have the best artstyle and gameplay, a zelda 2 remake or another zelda game in the style of zelda 2 would be a great breath of fresh air for the series, despite all its flaws i think its much better than zelda 1

This is sick, why can’t anyone make a game that looks like an 80s ghibli film

I want this.
Aonuma is too obsessed with trying to recreate Wind Waker I guess.

Attached: ganon.jpg (2005x886, 319.78K)

Make no mistake: Aonuma will be eternal seething and cooping because his TLoZ "childs" (Wind Wanker, Phatom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, Skyward Chore and Link's Awakening remake) NEVER had been popular in the same vein as the original NES tittles, OoT, Twilight Princess and BotW.

Western devs love the funko eyes. They have some sort of aversion to sclera

Because people aren't going to stop praising Breath of the Wild. Like the game or not, mainline Zelda games aren't going back to their traditional format. As a 30 year old boomer that grew up with the original, I would love something like this, but there's not a big enough market for it. Nintendofags want "open world."

Attached: file.png (589x299, 256.14K)

Pure 80's anime is kind of quaint looking for what Zelda is as a franchise now. That kind of thing has it's place, but it's place is Dragon Quest.
Closest you're getting is Wind Waker, which did feel very heavily inspired by this art, while also having it's own flare.