Today officially marks the one year anniversary of Kazuya Mishima being announced as a playable character in Smash Bros...

Today officially marks the one year anniversary of Kazuya Mishima being announced as a playable character in Smash Bros. What was your reaction to his inclusion during E3 of last year?

Attached: Kazuya pose (1).jpg (1280x720, 174.33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KvVcBrHRBaQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

he base

>his announcement got me into Tekken
Never thought I would actually care about a fighting game.

Attached: JDCR.webm (960x540, 2.87M)

k

Attached: file.png (1300x866, 661.01K)

it was based because he was for people that actually play video games and not casuals or zoomer coomers/teenage try hard comedians so it filtered 99% of the smash fanbase

same. I was so excited that I also passed out

i actually play video games, just not shitty ones like tekken

worth buying for the stage and music alone

Well i was about to play Tekken 7 with my bro just before the direct started so it really took us by surpriseā€¦ i fucking screamed loud as shit

My Tekken main and I didn't even consider him a possibility at the time since Heihachi was the only one talked about in Smash potential discussion. Naturally I was pretty damn pleased.

>anyone after Bayonetta
Didn't care at all

No one expected Tekken because they brought back the Heihachi mii costume in the previous reveal

Bayonetta is literally the most underwhelming 3rd party after Joker, objectively speaking. SEGA representation after Sonic in general has been dogshit.

I was like no fucking way because I totally expected Heihaichi. I was pleasantly surprised.

one of the more lukewarm smash reactions. me and my bro at the time were like "that's cool, i guess". there are many other FG characters i would've preferred over Tekken

Incredibly based character with actually 10/10 gameplay. They really captured the essence of Tekken with his playstyle. It's really soulful that his best stage is FD and his main weaknesses are the result of aspects that aren't prominent in his games.

>guy who has an entire youtube channel dedicated to Kazuya Mishima reacting to Kazuya in Smash

youtube.com/watch?v=KvVcBrHRBaQ

Cool! But in my realm it would've been Paul even if he's not Kazuya iconic

I wondered how Nintendo was able to get 50 music tracks from SNK(various SNK titles) and 40 from Bandai-Namco(Tekken series)? Did they both tell Nintendo that they got Nintendo's back and just gave them that many music tracks?

Meanwhile other 3rd party DLC characters got 7-12 while characters like Byleth, Min-Min, and Pyra/Mithra(which are Nintendo's 1st party characters) got 20+ from their games.

If Smash gets a surprise update(doubt it I know but still you never know) they should add more music tracks for the DLC characters such as more Persona 5 music(mainly from Royal and Strikers and some more from 3 and 4), more Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy(can be from others besides 7), and Kingdom Hearts music. More Banjo-Kazooe music from Tooie and Nuts & Bolts,

SNK was basically like OKAY Nintendo asked. For Bandai Namco, they helped work on both this Smash and the previous Smash, so they had a good deal going on.

KazuYAWN