HALF-LIFE THREAD

So, what half-life mods have you been playing, Any Forums?

Attached: lb33.png (2658x1600, 1.56M)

I'm just waiting for OBM.

Attached: ted-boyadzhiev-presentation-grey-01.jpg (3840x1584, 621.28K)

Echoes is god tier. Field Intensity is almost perfect, but there is a bit during the repurposed multiplayer map that is too "what do I do? where do I go?" that I have to noclip through because I genuinely have no idea how to proceed. I also highly recommend Signal Lost, even though it isn't finished. It uses a custom standalone version of the engine and restores many beta cut enemies. The visuals and atmosphere are rivaled only by Echoes.

Attached: goldsrc chad.jpg (836x836, 59.54K)

Also fuck davtrain. Who makes the regular crates sometimes explosive?

Attached: mod list.png (485x404, 26.84K)

I liked Black Mesa.

I just beat the game for the first time on the PS2 version. I had no idea it was a stealth game. Just thought it was a really hard shooter with guns that didn't seem that effective most of the time. Why didn't anyone tell me??

For me, anything release before 2005 is an instant download. gonna try davtrain rn, thanks

It's easy to run and gun with the mouse. I might have to try playing with a controller to get the most out of the stealth and behavior mechanics. I always thought they were under cooked

Attached: 1614276356926.jpg (811x912, 155.32K)

8ch, rpgcodex, gog, escapist forums all hate your shitty game.

Should have put more points in weapons then. A level 4 sniper rifle is pure sex.

All of those places are filled with troglodytes though. Why should I care?

Attached: ju601rfjjbv11.jpg (1080x1350, 576.3K)

Any more backwater shitholes or is that it?

Oh shit, I thought I was in the Deus Ex thread still. In terms of Half-Life I don't know how you got that opinion.

Black Mesa

It's pretty interesting on console because they give you this lock-on ability and I haven't played a shooter that's done that before. Now I know the game is more about cat and mouse antics I'll enjoy it more.

I had so much trouble with the snipers that came out of nowhere and that whole chapter in general.

zzzchan too

I made my own mod way back in the day, probably still have a copy of the dll

Attached: 1652362361295.webm (1024x576, 2.91M)

I've been playing willard.network, a garrys mod half life 2 rp server. It has an insane unique turn based combat system with community driven lore and world building. I currently run a business on the server and am doing great. They have this cool skill system where you can spec your character to fo specific things like either cooking, bartering, or healing. But if your a rebel they have skills for crafting, guns, and melee
It's literally the best rp experience in any video game

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 40.57K)

That actually sounds fucking awesome

the one that will never been finished
just dicking around with the bots. its an odd feeling

Attached: desert-t.jpg (720x405, 74.58K)

Well share it with us if you can find it. In some other thread if you must. I enjoy dated jank goldsrc kino

Was just playing Blue Shift a few minutes ago

is the elevator still fucked? It kept killing the scientists and failing the game the last time I tried it. Had to use the console to load the next map

Attached: 1639409758742.jpg (2588x2588, 536.22K)

That's a bug related to the Quake 1 engine. Set your max fps to like 200 and it should right itself.