How many quality-of-life changes can you make to a series before it loses its identity?

How many quality-of-life changes can you make to a series before it loses its identity?

Attached: 1626954336746.jpg (616x353, 113.93K)

I keep getting Monster Hunter and Monster Rancher confused.

Having gone back to the more traditional games here and there, I can confidently say that I will NEVER miss:
>having to use paintballs to track a monster, especially flying ones
>consumable whetstones
>maps being something you need to take out of the camp supply box to not have a crippled minimap
>bug nets and pickaxes breaking, also taking inventory space
>super small inventory space having to accommodate all the previously mentioned tools in additions to potions, traps, bombs, ect.
>hub quests not scaling down for solo/duo play

There's probably more that I haven't recalled yet, but those all came to mind.

Attached: 1579743650745.png (1280x845, 3.02M)

I like hub not scaling. Greatest fuck you in all history to solo fags who couldnt dps or survive properly

It's not even monster hunter anymore

i've been replaying 4U, and the main thing that bothers me is the amount of gathering you have to do to get stuff on a fresh acount

I don't. I have my best friend I love local co-oping with, and fighting stuff scaled up for 4 was something I don't want to go back to. Oh sure, we'd still win, but it'd add at least another ten minutes on every single hunt.

And sometimes, I want to fight something by myself. Village quests only go so far in the game.

Sounds like you and your boyfriend cant take the g-rank heat mah dude

Don't need to be salty I have real friends and you don't

>Ship of Theseus

Like two more

This. I'm surprised we went through that many monhun games until 5th gen.

How many balls can your mother gargle before she loses sensation in her mouth?

Should be called Monster Fighter at this point since all the aspects of "hunting" are gone.
>paintballs
>world's footprint/feces sniffing
Those at least made me feel like I was hunting something to certain degrees. In rise you just drop into the map and then beeline to the target monster since you just magically know where they are already.

Attached: 1508355258254.png (453x572, 164.59K)

this meme has never been true, monster hunter has always been an action game first not a super realistic monster hunting simulator.

>s. In rise you just drop into the map and then beeline to the target monster since you just magically know where they are already.
superior nipponese owl based monster tracking technology
owls are so great at spotting that they can even make collectible items glow just by being in the map

the combat works like a slider, the point of "how much QoL is too much" depends on who you ask.
fuck gathering tho, fill thet shit to the brim of QoL

Not a single one. Freedom introduced farms and suddenly items were meaningless. Money was meaningless. And consequently, doing anything was meaningless.

Attached: theyre.jpg (1920x1080, 400.73K)

Just remembered hot drinks and cool drinks, and getting punished for not bringing them (or getting punished in inventory space for always carrying them). What would tend to get me was the desert maps, and how you could bring the wrong type based on whether it was night or day, or whether the monster was fought indoors or out.

I see this argument mentioned from time to time, but all I remember from the old games is either:

A: Wandering around a map in a loop until me or the other hunters found the monster and converged or

B: We all beeline to the numbered zone that experience tells us that specific monster spawns at anyway

Either way, I can't say it ever felt like you were tracking anything until world. Not like there were trails being left in the world to follow or anything.

Attached: 1465156706111.jpg (1083x720, 78.08K)

some of those are part of the preparation aspect that has been completely lost though now with the camps and refilling items whenever you want

this
you either learn were they spawn, or just roam arround unless you get psychoserums or a hot air baloon