Steam Next Fest Thread

watcha playing? i played:

>Trepang2
good but not FEAR good or even Severed Steel good, my hope is that is atleast longer than SS

>Cultic
fucking love this bitch, its only a slightly updated demo compared to last year but the game is still super dope

>Barkhan

its just... Dune 2000, no spin on it or anything, which if fine if you love Dune 2000, but im indifferent to it

Attached: steam next fest.png (991x382, 44.43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/1818450/STALCRAFT/
store.steampowered.com/app/1893370/GHOSTWARE_Arena_of_the_Dead/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I played Agent 64 on my deck last night. Trying out Destroy All Humans 2 now.

>Threw all the demos I downloaded on a digital wheel and spun it
>Lorn's Lure
Very nice aesthetic, but how the FUCK is this thing eating up so much of my GPU?
>Running my 3090 at over 60%

I tried like 50 demos so far and honestly only really enjoyed Midnight Fight Express and DEADLINK so far. Both games kinda have a stupid first impression by not giving you very basic upgrades at the start but they are the only demos I have more than an hour in. I actually have like 4 hours in each now.

Frogun is the only game I wishlisted so far.

whats the appeal of Agent 64? i dont get it, is this what console players enjoyed instead of Quake, Duke Nukem 3D and Half-Life? its very simplistic

Attached: 1629985236639.jpg (570x570, 70.96K)

it's goldeneye 64 / perfect dark, but not nearly as fun.

Cultic just looks like the "don't copy my homework" meme version of Blood. Like at least put some kind of twist on it.

I dislike this Cultic demo over the old one

theres headshots, reloads, and you can upgrade weapons at weapon stations, tons of environmental interactions too, you can pick up chairs, oil lanterns, explosive barrels, etc and throw em at enemies

give it a shot

anger foot is pretty good.

Cultic and selaco so far. I have high expectations for both. As a side note, definitely take a look the discussions for selaco. So many dumb people over there; it's pure entertainment.

store.steampowered.com/app/1818450/STALCRAFT/

thoughts on this?

>mmo
mmore like nno

kek

Attached: waterfox_2022-06-15_00-11-54.png (481x374, 207.79K)

>catching up on some old demos among the new ones
>mfw Small Saga
Fuck me, the last time I got whiplashed this hard from "this is a cute little story just to fill time, I guess" to "I must see this to the end ASAP, no matter what" was almost two decades ago when I read Watership Down for the first time. I don't usually play games that focus so much on a story but I'll make an exception this time whenever it releases.

Attached: 1650221652139.jpg (279x580, 34.86K)

It's just stalker but in minecraft and an mmo
Better than nothing if you're looking for stalker mp but nothing to cry for if you're not

>30yo incel cannot let go of the idea of AFPS so he resurrects a bunch of randos to play in his custom maps forever unless they escape

store.steampowered.com/app/1893370/GHOSTWARE_Arena_of_the_Dead/

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 41.19K)

Small Saga is indescribably based.

Remember playing the demo of that game last demo fest.

>Start demo
>WHIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
>Made in Unity

Attached: 1459426944632.jpg (229x250, 8.7K)

>I don't usually play games that focus so much on a story but I'll make an exception this time
Same. I also love settings where tiny things make furniture and weapons and shit out of small human objects.

Or Unreal.
But mostly Unity.
If there's one thing most modern aspiring developers fail at, it's optimization.
They just slap shit together and pray it works, opting for "Eh, I'll optimize it later."

Small Saga got talked about a lot here during the last festival. It's pretty well liked.

>still going through previous thread looking for recommendations
>up to nearly 50 demos now without even having looked at the event page
>still haven't gotten around to playing any

Attached: 1630212203463.jpg (640x480, 21K)