Octopath Traveller

Honest thoughts on it? Starting my 2nd playthrough of it soon

Attached: 6C7FBB03-040D-40F9-AFB0-B63B455B730F.jpg (500x500, 88.08K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HcwExoaq148
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

love Tressa
love Cyrus
love the OST
there should've been a 5th secret class after defeating Galdera

I liked it. My only complaint is about the idiocy of not having a savepoint between the boss rush and galdera

Tessa asking Primrose what a brothel was and Prim being honest with her about it was hilarious. People complain about lack of party interaction, but what was there was pretty nice. Will Live a Live have party banter like that when all the stories conjoin too?

good game. makes fags seethe.

mediocre

Sadly I only played it about halfway through. Did everybody's chapter 1 to collect all party members, then fully explored the world without pushing the story further.
After unlocking the 4 secret classes, I just didn't care enough to go back to storymode and try to knock out 8 different story arcs.
The game needed some way to tell the stories without cutscenes. But all jrpgs suffer from this. If they could have did it through banter while exploring the world instead of slugging through 8 different stories with hours of cutscenes, I could have squeezed out the rest of the overarcing plot.
Also the game needed more upgrades. I really wanted my endgame fights to be more tactical with builds being more important instead of anything working as long as you passed the statcheck.
Any recs for a game like that?

I liked it a lot but I really wish it had gone balls to the wall on party interaction. Also maybe had chapter order matter re: how characters actually intersect on their journeys.

To me it felt like the skeleton of a game I'd really love.

Attached: f.png (1050x1254, 655.91K)

I thought it was kind of boring. It felt like enemies had way too HP but weren't actually threatening

Fun at first but becomes really boring and mediocre the further you get in, especially with the minimal amount of party interaction and cohesive narrative

10/10 music and artstyle
Fun combat though a bit easy after the first couple hours. I liked it more than the BD games.

A lot of fun but it's too easy to outlevel the absolute shit out of chapter bosses while not planning properly to fight the real last boss.

so you only had fun when you could braindead through the content and when you passed the intro stories and the game actually wasnt as braindead you lost the fun you were having.
you HAVE to be brown. top fucking kek!

Combat got old really fast and there's hardly any story.

What were they thinking?

Played the demo years ago, the into for the character I chose was long and boring and I decided I wouldn't get it. Then Triangle Strategy came out and I forgot its name and thought it was Octopath Traveler when I saw it for like $20 at a game store and bought it. Instant horror when I was driving home and realized I was an idiot and bought the wrong game. Returned it and got 3H instead. Fuck Octopath Traveler.

Jesus Christ you're booty blasted as fuck

>Also the game needed more upgrades. I really wanted my endgame fights to be more tactical with builds being more important instead of anything working as long as you passed the statcheck.
>only did chapter 1s

youtube.com/watch?v=HcwExoaq148

Seething

>Whites enjoy boring games
Explains a lot

(You) tagged "only did chapter 1s" for some reason as if I played more than half the game when I said I did not. I imagine the 4 secret bosses were tougher than any of the story bosses besides Galdera.
When you have to kneecap yourself to do a challenge run to create challenge that's bad game design.
What you're suggesting is I avoid most fights throughout the game in order to rush the final boss with low levels. But also somehow farm the uber items that give invincibly so my gimped characters simply take no damage at all.
Just casually playing I overleveled everything in the game.
I don't really understand your point.

the point is you wanted a tactical game. tactical means your knowledge of the game is more important than stats. i'm posting an example of the game's superboss (actually worthy of the title) being defeated at a low level, so no arbitrary stat check like you didn't want

It was alright.

Attached: Di95nE1U4AEYdhz.jpg (1280x720, 312.37K)

Octopath's biggest issue is that its sheer width means that its way too easy (and for your starting character, inevitable) for your characters to get overleveled when covering the back-half of each tier of chapters, and at the same time its way too easy for the current chapter's star to be super underleveled depending on who you use. Aside from that, a lot of the stories fall a bit flat. Olberic's arc was cool but I can't help but feel the final confrontation with Erhardt should have been THE final chapter, it could have ended the same way but his chapter 4 is just underwhelming for the most part. ON the flipside primrose's story should have given more setup to the final villain of her route before the same chapter they actually reveal his evilness to make the twist feel more earned. I think the only paths where every chapter feels meaningful are cyrus's, therion's, and ophelia's. The rest all either have a filler chapter somewhere, or the character themselves have nothing to really do with the story at all. You could remove tressa from the game entirely and the metanarrative would still be exactly the same, and alfyn's story doesn't have anything to do with anything itself, it just gives some exposition hints.

The gameplay is good, a better evolution of bravely default's combat than whatever the hell they were thinking with BD2, but I think the way the game was set up got in the way of their ability to tell a good story since a lot of the routes feel either stretched out or a bit rushed. The metaplot is good but more in a "oh shit!" moment of the player putting the pieces together rather than being an actual story itself. Aside from that I can't help but feel they made the unlock conditions for the true ending a bit too hard to find given how some of those quests are on random roads rather than in the towns.
I would post pictures of tressa but I don't have any saved.

I loved the game, finalboss walled me so hard i cheat engined it out of butthurt. Ill go back to do it properly someday.
You can make wizard bosses kill themselves by spaming reflect and there was some neat strategies like using panther dance to control the turn order or keeping the bosses at one shield to stun them before doing their big dick attacks

Attached: file.png (1647x929, 3.19M)

alfyn is a cutie
i played for like 2 hours then stopped
ehh