But what about the first two Persona games?

But what about the first two Persona games?

Attached: 1636868816622.jpg (800x807, 121.22K)

you know why

they were shit

Attached: E_7RWUpVcAMUaBq.jpg (1547x2048, 179.94K)

I like the first one. The second one filtered me. I don't blame anyone who came into the series with 3 for passing on the first two, they're drastically different.

What about the 80s MT games?

persona started at 2:IS

The first 3 are better than any later entries for their OSTs and atmosphere. Persona 2 probably has my favorite character and narrative in the whole series. The original Persona 1 is the hardest Persona game in my experience. It's important to play the ps1 versions to appreciate these games as intended, because the PSP versions are casualized trash with horrendous butchering of the OSTs. Basically if you don't play the first 3 games properly you're a zoomer faggot who are not a true fan of the series.

Persona 3 and 4? They're ok

They all had PSP remakes, which came out after P3P. There's no excuse.

There's absolutely zero reason to play the remakes when you can emulate the superior originals on any number of ps1 emulators. You could even just play the ps1 originals on your psp or Vita if you absolutely must be a handheld faggot about it.

I thought the snow queen quest is the only reason to play the remakes. At least that's why I played the PSP versions and I thought it was a neat alternate path to complete the game. I had fun.

The snow queen quest is in the Japanese ps1 original. IS is also just in Japanese for the ps1 original. The answer is to play those with fan translation if you don't know Japanese.

1 is boring but the original OST is one of the greatest of all time.

2 has mediocre flawed gameplay but the story and characters are charming. I am mostly anti-remakes but P2 is actually a good candidate for a remake because if you took those games and just rebalanced them and implemented the traditional press turn/one more battle system, they'd be all-time greats.

Attached: Cpki0yTc.jpg (1229x2048, 590.18K)

There's no fan translation for Persona 1 PSX unfortunately. If there was, it'd be the definitive version. PSP is all you've got if you don't speak Japanese (Revelations is shit)

isn't psp with the music replacer what everyone agrees on as the best anyway?

Wasn't aware Persona 1 never got a fan translation. Anyway you could just play the PSP version with the OST patch (even if it isn't perfect), or just play the PSP version to get the gist of the story and then play the original in Japanese with the experience you already have, plus a guide.

Give me the strength needed to push through the pure SHIT gameplay in 2 please.

Attached: Apollo_render.png (2047x4128, 2.22M)

Which one? Innocent Sin? And how far are you?

I read it was half-borked. As in they couldn't include all the PS1 tracks because the PSP version doesn't have enough space or something.

just autobattle with aoe spells using turbo

Wait for Sony to put them on ps plus premium and sell them for tenners