Sea of Thieves

Enable private sessions. Then I'll play your game.

Attached: Sea_of_thieves_cover_art.jpg (275x350, 35.33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uhUACrp54lw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>inb4 "nooo don't go then I'll only have to pvp against assholes like me :("

That's already been the game for over a year.

That's what he said.

I wish you fags would quit talking about PVE vs PVP and post your swashbucklers instead.

Attached: captain.jpg (1362x1434, 227.91K)

Still laughing at the user who pulled that "griefing" definition off wikipedia

Sounds like someone isn't good at being a pirate.

Attached: hahaha-laughing.gif (300x206, 1011.67K)

After about 8 hours or so, trolling other players is literally the only fun thing left to do in this game

Good, I'm glad you're not playing.

post your most recent escapade lads

I like to turn my brain off and do merchant ventures when I just want to chill

Attached: 1512758596574.gif (349x248, 1.94M)

Still laughing at you thinking the casual players are the only ones griefing and certainly not the packs of godless neckbeards roaming the seas looking for children to prey on

Player interactions is the only form of excitement this game has, and the comf ship simulator aspect gets old after 2 or 3 sessions of nothing happening, the closest thing to a "panic" being attacked by a kraken on a brig with new players, and even then it isn't that bad.

I can't know they are children until we fight. I will fight literally anyone and everyone, it's not my fault if you're bad.

Why is it children = easy prey when they're the ones with the most free time?
Also we've been over this in the last thread:
Griefing =/= sinking someone

me and my friend's first megalodon encounter was paired with meeting our first set of griefers who spawncamped us on our boat until we found the scuttle ship option

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.65M)

>get attacked
>open mic and start aggressively trash-talking in pirate
>the other guys are making callouts to each other like they're playing counter strike or something
everyone's playing this game wrong but me.

I do my callouts in party chat and my trash talking in game chat.

youtube.com/watch?v=uhUACrp54lw

Before the event ended, my friend and I tried taking on the megalodon event on a sloop. It was a horrible mistake.

I missed the event, how bad was the meg? they're normally pushovers

a game for high test males only. we don’t want your type roaming the seas, OP

I just really like the sailing in the game, I generally don't even take voyages anymore, I just see where I spawned, pick a lap of islands and see if anything interesting is on them. So I'm definitely am on the more PvE side of things, but I will at least try fighting back in PvP if I have nothing to lose. If I have lots to lose it becomes a big chase, I try to head to places like storms, world events, or the red sea to see how determined they are to chase me. I was pretty annoyed when Flameheart was removed because doing figure-eights in his fleet was my go-to way to lose a tail while he was spawned. My experience with PvP in SoT is similar to my experience with it in EVE, no one picks a fair fight and anyone who thinks that they found one just got outplayed and will be punished for it soon.

I've only ever played with friends, do any of you guys actually play alone?

I mostly play with friends, but sometimes there's stuff I want to do that they aren't interested in so I go alone. Like they don't give a shit about Tall Tales so I got my Gold Curse solo, really was pretty comfy.

>I was pretty annoyed when Flameheart was removed
He'll be back soon.

>nothing to do in game besides grief
>have to spend couples hours to get like 10 turn ins
>takes like 50 turn ins to get a good cosmetic
>cosmetics fucking suck anyway
>game literally spawns new players on top of you to promote interactions
>nothing to prevent people from using aimbots
SoT is up there with Destiny 2 for worst games ever made but have good potential

Reminder the games pvp is fundamentally based around griefing

>no one picks a fair fight and anyone who thinks that they found one just got outplayed and will be punished for it soon.
The problem with this thinking is that there is zero way to know if a fight will be "fair" until you are in the fight.

What constitutes "fair" anyway? Am I supposed to pull up to someone and ask for consent to fight first, and exchange supplies so we know we have the same amount?

its only griefing if you are losing

Where do you get the Any Forums flag?
Im that guy, and it still is. I'm not saying yoy should be banned for it or anything gay like thay, but it is griefing. It baffles me how much you are shitting your pants over this.

I solo all the time. Can easily 1v1 another sloop or brig, but I usually just outrun galleons

>Where do you get the Any Forums flag?
If you don't have it now you can't get it anymore.

it’s griefing if there is no tangible benefit to the aggressor

Incorrect.

It's griefing if one party does not want to participate

By playing the game you are consenting to combat, thus there is no griefing by your own definition.

So if a team loses in the NBA finals they got grief’d?

your tears would be reward enough desu

Where in the ToS is that user?

>Haven't played in like, 2 years (except for a blip for a week where I did some fleet grinding for a bit)
>Really no desire to play with randoms, but I don't know anyone who plays or is interest.

I love the game, but man is 90% of the quality only accessible with an actual group of friends.

for me to feel grief I would need to have something worth losing. the content in the game was old and useless two years ago

>Winning the finals has no benefit
>Implying one team is an aggressor when both have aggreed to participate in the match
Not very smart, are you?

Attached: wat.gif (360x270, 1.82M)

>let every engagement be settled by sword, pistol and good seamanship.

Right there in the Pirate Code.

Attached: file.png (1597x1576, 217.48K)

>It's griefing if one party does not want to participate

No, what you call "griefing" is literally part of the gameplay loop.

Haha user btfo

What is seamanship?

You signed into the game, which means you consented to play it by the rules and systems it contains. You can't play a game of basketball and then call the other team "griefers" because you claim you didn't consent to them blocking your shots or stealing the ball from you.

>playing a game about being a pirate
>cries about getting attacked

Attached: Lol (2).png (1800x1578, 198.8K)

You niggers don't seem to understand that that gameloop is called griefing. You seem to see the word and shit yourselves thinking its bad. Pirates were griefers of the seas. Fucking mouthbreathers the lot of you

>spot a galleon full of loot anchored near an island
>blast it to shit with my buddy on out sloop
>it sinks before they realize what's happening
>they dedicated the next two hours to hunting us down
this game is so fun, you don't even have to exchange a single word to make someone seethe

Attached: 1636223110120.jpg (479x364, 76.85K)