Why does this game terrify Any Forums?

Why does this game terrify Any Forums?

Attached: 51mBP7+ynaL._AC_.jpg (486x445, 38.73K)

because wario is a scary man

Because it mogs the 64 version

Any Forums is full of casuals who couldn't figure out how to unlock Waluigi, the most fun character

It doesn't have interesting marbled-blocks

Attached: 1652138479962.jpg (2300x2000, 1.19M)

>look ma I reposted the schizo collage again

The mandate started here.

I used to have a Nintendo DS. I ran a CycloDS Evolution card on it. Super Mario for the DS was not one of the games I regularly emulated, so when I entered a thread on Any Forums that was talking about the game, I had little to offer. However, there were people who knew more than me and helped out.
After I joined in on the conversation, I learned what an NES cartridge looked like. It wasn't a weird shape at all; it almost resembled a CD case. There was no label on the outside, though, just a small piece of paper inside with the title printed on it.
The "R" in "Super Mario Bros." was in red ink. The logo for the title was a capital S in a blue box. The rest of the text was written in white.
In order to make the cartridge work, you needed to insert it into your console and put the battery in first. Then, you turned the power on and played the game by pressing Start or Select.

>loch ness monster gets a big yoshi nose and the stupid goggles
Thank you for reminding me why the DS version's visually worse.

It's the better game and better tech demo than Super Mario 64 and that runs right into people's OldFag CredTM and driving them nuts because they have to think of reasons to pretend that Super Mario 64 is the bestest 3D Platformer ever and can't immediately cycle into "But it's not Super Mario 64"

It was great, I wish they'd remaster it for switch. I remember the mini games and multiplayer being really fun too.

>buy Mario game
>Mario is an unlockable character

Bad controls

Because it's better but also less popular.

Only sucky thing is trying to emulate it on the 3DS. The ripples when you touch a painting are gone.
Other than that, it's more ambitious than Any Forums ever will be.

Mario Golf's single player campaign surprised me too user

Attached: 1200px-Mario_Golf_64_box.png (1200x837, 1.34M)

The real Mario is the friends we made along the way.

Including Mario,

The DS is the inferior version but I like that it put effort in by adding new characters and extra levels. Stuff like that is fun and I wish remakes still did that often

I remember being really annoyed by this back when I first got it.

Attached: 1644899058072.png (413x374, 198.77K)

It has playable Wario in a mainline 3D Mario platformer and it also references Paper Mario by adding Goomboss as a boss fight, so no, it wasn't the start of the mandate despite the new modern uniform enemy designs.

Somewhere around 2009 is when the Mario Mandate took into effect. I personally think it was NSMBWii. That game has no original bosses, only Koopaling spam, 2 samey playable Toads instead of Peach or Wario, and everything is sterile, plastic and safe. It's the moment where Miyamoto bullshitted by saying "She likes cake so it's okay if they just kidnap her by luring her with cake." and saying they can't make Peach playable because it's "too hard to program her skirt".

>Meanwhile in 2017, myseriously as Odyssey comes out and kills the mandate, you get pic related in Run.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 46.38K)

Wasnt that the Koopalings first appearance in a while? I think the only other time they appeared was Superstar Saga?
I thought the mandate was fully in effect with NSMB2 and the Wii U game while 64-DS and first two NSMB games were testing the waters

Whats the mandate you are talking about?

Some supposed bullshit that Mario games must look stale and ugly or whatever and can only reference old games like Super Mario Bros 3.
Basically the whole Sonic Meta era/reference classic games only discourse, but for Mario

Typical Any Forums schizoism
Please ignore

Educate yourself.

>muh schizos

Cope zümzüm.

Attached: 1635022141703.jpg (1024x1005, 279.99K)

This explains so much