Nine months later

>Nine months later.
>Completely forgotten.

Attached: Dread.png (1280x720, 1.25M)

hollow knight killed it

But I’m playing it right now.

Of course it was forgotten. It ignored everything that made Metroid special to begin with. It's basically just a student project game that uses the Metroid branding, a big letdown for actual Metroid enjoyers.

It’s a 10 hour single player game. What is there to discuss at this point?

I liked it

>It ignored everything that made Metroid special to begin with.
Like what?

Atmosphere, environmental storytelling, not railroading the player

>A legit Game of the Year Winner
>Forgotten.

Attached: 1653335417276.jpg (2944x3151, 840.29K)

And that's a good thing.

It's a single player game, it's there for anyone that wants to play it.
Games used to be like this.

>game awards meaning anything whatsoever
lol. lmao.

Attached: 1649216804768.jpg (1063x752, 144.64K)

sounds like my life

Good music, a focus on exploration over combat, and unique bosses, enemies, and areas.

Everything felt really samey. Sure you had your lava area, your water/ice area, and your overgrowth area but all felt too similar thanks to the techno-industrial feel of the map design. There's too much focus on combat and story over everything else.

They should've kept the combat the same, gave us more unique boss fights, and better areas and music instead of focus on the story.

games don't need to be discussed ad nauseum.

>Good music
THIS
Like every track in Super is still stuck in my head after nearly 30 years but I can't remember a single one from Dread

just like OP

Attached: 1636310258656.jpg (2795x3924, 2.26M)

>it's another Metroid Dread/Halo Infinite is forgotten thread made by your usual Snoy who's probably from reddit again
Move along, people, move along

the issues dread suffers from can't really be addressed. The staff put out a competent, fun product but they just didn't have the genius necessary to make it iconic like the other entries.

If anything the Mercury Steam games play it too safe. They didn't do anything to stand out from the many many indie Metroidvanias on the Indie scene.

Attached: 1634391320983.jpg (4800x7200, 3.77M)

Every time Metroid wasn't safe, it got stupid, and when it got stupid, it almost killed the entire series. Mainline Metroid needs to stick to playing it safe and being Metroid.

Attached: 1653184725242.jpg (640x729, 86.75K)

Dread was the metroid test run on switch, the only bad thing about this game is the music. The railroad sections were on propouse to train retards and kids on the franchise, next MS game would be even better.

Easy on the copium, bud

How can it be forgotten when you keep seething about it?

Attached: 1642236673981.jpg (796x1200, 112.92K)

>the only bad thing about this game is the music
I used to defend the ost but after listening to it on youtube I have to say it's one of the worst. The main area music is great though.