Every time there's a remake

Why is Any Forums like this?

Attached: All of V.png (1090x720, 11.25K)

Oldfag vs Newfag
Boomer vs Zoomer
Soul vs Soulless

Because in most cases it's true. However I've seen posts that would call the new thing SOVL instead of the old one and it actually applied.

Attached: spyro soul.jpg (1400x618, 263.39K)

because it's typically an accurate comparison to make?

Remakes are soulless, are you seriously trying to suggest otherwise?

Are Heartgold and Soulsilver the only counter examples?

my only problem with right is the distance fog

I would argue that the Wind Waker remake isn't soulless
And Link's Awakening looks nice. Haven't played it myself though

I fucking hate the Spyrofags for causing this shitty buzzword meme to catch on, and cause that one shitposter to force his "30 yr old boomer" wojak afterwards

Because they need to start making some new fucking games
Holy shit, the extent that companies will go to not to have to make a new game from scratch is fucking astounding

Attached: 1356944273772.jpg (256x256, 20.46K)

I guess I see it as an opportunity to play the older games without having to buy older console (Yeah, I'm aware emulation exists)

>(Yeah, I'm aware emulation exists)
Then use it
But no you won't, you'll keep buying this garbage and devs will keep selling to you it instead of actually making games
And you're gonna keep saying "uwu I wan't to play this old classic but oh the clunkyness I can't stand the clunkyness" or "uwu I feel guilty about pirating a 20 year old game, please sell it to meeee"

Clunkyness of old games is a valid argument

No it isn't, everyone played it that way back then and so can you
you are the exact same species of human as the humans from 20 years ago, with the exact same capabilities, and the software is exactly the same as the day it came out, it hasn't somehow become "unplayable"

Because most are blinded by nostalgia and think any media they liked before they were a teenager are golden and thus cannot be touched

Just cause I could play it, doesn't mean it's enjoyable. Like, yes, I could play a game with tank controls. It's not unplayable. But why not improve it so it controls more naturally and not like I'm playing as a chess piece? Clunkyness refers more broadly to other issues with older games that can be fixed, avoiding shit monotonous tasks or imbalanced gameplay

Meant to reply with

Often times, a product or just media in general resonates with people for a list of specific reasons. Maybe the characters are designed a certain way. Maybe the graphics have this aesthetic or that aesthetic. Maybe the soundtrack sounds a certain way. Maybe it plays in a unique way. These things may also be tied to positive memories in your mind and are actually arbitrary. Perhaps the game has special little touches and nuances that set it apart from your standard minimum viable product. Depends on the game.

Why is Any Forums like this? The real question is why are developers like this.

Attached: 1636730821964.png (800x800, 811.44K)

When you make an original game you are making it with its own character, its own personality and standards by which you create and judge each individual piece of it.
When you remake a game you are "bringing it up to today's standards," (re)making it with the character that is indicative of the current era, borrowing the personality and standards of other games with which you reshape each piece of the original or insert totally new ones.

Also new games and media in general are just fucking soulless, no I will not explain nor should I have to.

Attached: 1588613544229.png (335x344, 146.22K)

Can understand that position more than saying that "muhh you should just play deal with the clunkyness cause they could play it too"
They completely butcher Ratchet and Clank in term of "bringing it up to today's standards" so that I can agree with

Spyro was a good remake.
Xenoblade was a good remake.
Cope.
Seethe.
Dial 8.