No atmospheric flight in Starfield

Apologize to this man right now
>"People have asked, ‘Can you fly the ship straight down to the planet?’ No. We decided early in the project that the on-surface is one reality, and then when you’re in space it’s another reality."
>"If you try to really spend a lot of time engineering the in-between, like that segue, you’re just spending a lot of time [on something] that’s really just not that important to the player," Howard reasoned. "So let’s make sure it’s awesome when you’re on the surface and awesome when you’re in space, and those realities look and play as good as they can be."
ign.com/articles/starfield-seamless-fly-space-to-planet-not-important-todd-howard

Attached: Chris Roberts photo.jpg (700x411, 37.21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/18696-Letter-From-The-Chairman
youtu.be/tDp5UMRKJVQ?t=369
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Let me debunk some anti-Star Citizen arguments from the Starfield crowd

>Mechwarrior and FTL inspired¨
Weird inspirations, Star Citizen will have fun dog fighting mechanics
>Power management systems
Star Citizen has that
>Can disable, board and steal enemy ships
Star Citizen will implement that
>smuggling and piracy a viable option
Star Citizen will implement that

>200k lines of dialogue
so?
>the non-handcrafted planets will be similar to the procedurally generated content in daggerfall
star citizen will have more handcrafted planets
>you'll be able to tell what's handcrafted
Star Citizen will too
>side quests that involve docking and boarding ships
Star Citizen will too
>space combat has taken inspiration from mechwarrior
Star Citizen will be better then
>smuggling, piracy and stealing ships
Star Citizen will too
>30-40 hours for Main Quests
Sqaudron 42 will
>lots of side quests and faction questlines
In Star Citizen you will be able to forge your own destiny with all the sandbox mechanics
>backgrounds will give you special dialogue options
>modding confirmed
>landing and lift off is done via cutscenes
Star Citizen has seamless flying
>four main cities
Star Citizen will have dozens

The space flight will be limited I bet there's invisible walls that turn you around when you get too far from a planet's orbit

Game won't be release. Debunk that one is 20 years if you're lucky.

every game that has tried to do this atmospheric flight and seamless landing has been boring as fuck and the only people who care are scott manley types that thrive on boring games.

He and Todd made me happy once, but they're both way in over their head now.

hmu in 30 years bruh

pleb filtered
Why user? Star Citizen is based and good. Don't believe me? Try a free fly event.
>3.17
3.17 already doubled and in some cases tripled performance in April.
3.17 will get 3.17.2 patch in June with new missions, events and is planned for June.
2000 new players every day.
Daily active users up 50% since 3.17's release.

>3.18
Q3 2022 release maybe even Q4.
Full Gen12 renderer deployment with Vulkan (even more of a performance boost than 3.17 was. I'm already hitting 100+ FPS at max settings 1440p in most gameplay scenarios)
Persistent Streaming tech goes live (final component for Server Meshing).
This decouples items state from live server. Which means if players will litter 10K bottles on surface of Hurston only few bottles near player needs to be in server RAM which allows both live server to be fast and shitload of items be persistent. All item states be saved between player sessions regardless if there will be server crash or not, you quit game etc. Item placed somewhere. Ship landed somewhere etc. will stay there between your sessions. Your wreck will stay on planet surface as long as someone will not hull strip it for parts etc.
Cargo Refactor goes live. If you get shot down over planet your cargo will spill for pirates to be collected. Your ship now also can be disabled, breached and cargo being stolen with people manually moving boxes from one ship to another. In that time someone could pick up your SOS and deliver some justice for you when they are still loading stolen cargo.
Scavenging. Hull stripping. Those wrecks that will be produced now will be able to removed by job. For now it is only hull stripping basically leaving your wreck only with framework of a ship.
Ton of bugs. It is major change and there needs to be some additional work to clean some stuff.

Attached: 400i.png (1024x439, 328.97K)

why are star citizen fans in full damage control mode when these are completely different games? Go back to your corner please.

Also, can you count how many times you say "Star Citizen will..." You cant even paint your ships in SC yet

>[on something] that’s really just not that important to the player
but it's important to me tho...

Attached: 1647563772222.jpg (728x483, 31.02K)

>4.0
Once Persistent Streaming is done they will be finally moving to Server Meshing.
Evocati testers will get test version of 4.0 by the end of the year.
Timeline for it heavily relies on Persistent Streaming being stable and in good state
It will contain Pyro and Stanton

>CitizenCon:
Digital event due to uncertainty with restrictions.
No keynote gameplay because they don't want to move away resources from Persistent Streaming/Server Meshing work because it is in critical phase and they want to deliver it ASAP in players hands.

>CIG
Expanding to 840 employees this year from 720

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/18696-Letter-From-The-Chairman
youtu.be/tDp5UMRKJVQ?t=369
We've been hearing that Starfield was "gonna totally BTFO" Star Citizen for years now. Don't be a revisionist.

Attached: Star Citizen clouds.jpg (2060x1159, 190.17K)

How much real life money do I have to put down to put down a big ass ship? 400k? 500K?

why would starfield btfo star citizen when they will release in different decades?

There's an actual Star Citizen shill/cultist on Any Forums. Wonder how much the idiot has put down on a game that hasn't been released.

These threads have all been made by Star Citizen shills

Why wouldn't you just earn the big ass ship in game? You can get a reclaimer in like ten hours of playing the game.
>webm related
4.0 will for all intents and purposes be the minimum viable product for soft-launch eligibility minus 2-3 systems. It's already better than everything else on the market.
Cope.

Attached: Aegis Reclaimer expo.webm (640x360, 2.83M)

i think its 10k to get concierge, but the average is usually a bit higher for people actively invested in the game. I think a lot of people are 20k in over 10 years

$35 and not a dollar more in 10 years
I've earned my entire fleet of ships. It doesn't take much to earn ships user.

Attached: pledge.png (1018x655, 386.16K)

Reminder that Starfield will release feature complete while Star Citizen is still working through an eternal alpha after 10 years because they keep scrapping everything to remake stuff.

Attached: 1655252465951.jpg (2048x2478, 817.46K)

Its a troll that got so ass raped and buck broken he tuned like this Sad!

>he doesnt know a wipe is coming
ask me how I know you dont play?

The whole internet community is laughing at you. Nobody wants to get involved in this universe, the lore I've read is boring as fuck.

star citizen's alpha already has more content and depth than starfield will ever have

>treating releasing bad games like it's a virtue
>b-b-b-but at least *insert shitty game* hit v1.0!
Flight models get reworked once in a while but it's certainly not impeding progress.
>pic related
I do know wipes come. They typically take 18-20 months to happen. I'll earn the ships I really want again in the first two or three days of playing.
based and true

Attached: release view q1 2022.png (2819x803, 485.13K)

Hey pal, just because you removed your name doesn't mean I don't know it's you.

I don't need to samefag to win an argument. Cope.

you didnt really address my point that the lore is boring af

It's grounded and treated as actual history but with first contact. If that's boring to you then you're probably not the audience and that's fine.

I thought this game was meant to be for everyone :(

so if there's no atmospheric flight in Starfield that means the only way to reach the surface of a planet is to literally click a "land" button and i'm assuming that every planet will have some mass effect-like hub to explore and this is it.

Attached: 1636020493805.jpg (236x236, 11.04K)

>sci fi life sim/immersive sim/space sim
>for everyone
pick one
In the presentation they specified being able to land anywhere. My guess is that the game procedurally generates stuff around you where you land. There's no way Todd would allow you to "land anywhere" and risk being in an empty place.