Finally bit the bullet and reserved an order for the 256GB Model. To those that have their decks, what am I in for...

Finally bit the bullet and reserved an order for the 256GB Model. To those that have their decks, what am I in for? Hoping that it can replace my 4 year old gaming laptop.

Attached: Image_from_iOS.0.jpg (1200x800, 75.68K)

wow you bought a $5 refundable deposit for a product you won't be able to buy for 10 months cool story OP

It's for games first and foremost. You can use the desktop mode but you're not gonna be doing any heavy multitask shit. It's very good otherwise and amazing for handheld emulaiton

-Fantastic for playing indie and non-performance-intensive games that are designed for controllers.
-Controller is surprisingly comfortable, my only complaint is the hand grip area could use a better texture.
-The touch screen is ass, I wouldn't use it for anything other than navigating occasional menus
-mouse track pad emulation works the same as the steam controller, and it just doesn't mentally click for me. I avoid playing games that require it.
-I haven't found a use for the back underside buttons yet, but they also are not intrusive or annoying.
-Sleep mode is great for quickly pausing a game and coming back to it. (only downside is cloud sync doesnt sync unless you actually quit the game, so if you just go to sleep mode, you can't resume state on your PC)
-Switching to and from desktop mode is slow and buggy, hopefully can be fixed by future software updates. I haven't used it much though other than installing some game mods.

lmao nigga you wont see that thing till summer next year, you faggots really are retarded.

Steam decks are purely hypothetical.

Attached: 1653235884581.png (1080x1350, 1.91M)

>IS THAT A SHITTY LAPTOP WITH 1/4 THE SCREEN SIZE AND NO INCLUDED KEYBOARD?
>IM GOING INSANE!

Attached: 54154124532.jpg (356x453, 30.91K)

How does the steam deck compare to a pc with an ryzen 2600 and rx 590?

About 200-250 percent more power

RX 590 should be around ~50-70% faster

That being said, that 800p resolution the Deck should get similar framerates to the RX 590 at 1080p at the same graphic settings as 800p is half the pixels of 1080p

It actually works pretty well. I am playing Batman Arkham Origins and it keeps 60fps even with the DX11 features turned on. Being able to run all actual games on a portable is pretty nice. I think that it's a much better deal than a gaming laptop for sure.

Beautiful. It'll be wild playing all my games with similar performance while on the go.

not even close and decktrannies limit their framerate anyway so the power doesnt matter, the battery does

590 is about 4x faster in Forza Horizon 5 (720P)

Be prepared to learn a bit o linux

Attached: 1461972043017.jpg (540x720, 100.7K)

If I reserve my order around September, what happens?

It's an average gaming laptop actually. Keyboards are a meme for gaming.

how good it is with old games?
I'm planning to get one myself just to play all legacy of kain games in bed

You're not gonna get it till like next year user you should have brought a new laptop. I think its better used as a gaming machine first rather than a laptop replacement unless you're willing to learn linux.

but if you're willing to wait then you're in for a good time

I find it quite comfy. I've been playing a bunch of old fangames and romhacks on it. I also got a chance to get through a good chunk of Nier during a long roadtrip.

>road trip
You must be 18 to post in this site

where the fuck is my deck, gaben