Have you given up on your dream of being a game dev yet?

have you given up on your dream of being a game dev yet?

Attached: 726c3feb90865d44656189db631f9053.jpg (474x542, 18.42K)

after halo 4 came out ya

i gave up generally.

Yes, because I wanted to be a famous musician instead (and I WILL make it as one)

>game dev
Bitch please, my dream is to retire my shitty job at 65 and become a train conductor

Yes. I'm too dumb to code, I gave up on art when I was 10 despite being really good at it for my age, and I fell for the "get a normal job instead" meme.

Now I'm miserable everyday while everyone else around lives a happy life.

I never wanted to be one, the process is really interesting though

Yes, because people like literal shit

>Dream
fuck off. You can be a game dev right now, right this second, you can program pong in whatever bullshit language you prefer
>but it wont look good
I don't care
>but it wont work right
I don't care
>but my dream game
I don't care
>but I don't like pong
I don't care.

This is the stupidest shit, you don't actually want to make games, you want to have already made games and get all the money and success you think you deserve from "having good ideas" or whatever bullshit excuse you have. If you don't enjoy making games today, as small little unfinished demos, then you're not going to enjoy making """"""real"""""" games either.

Attached: 1655253556229.jpg (1600x900, 321.87K)

>you want to have already made games and get all the money and success
Personally I dont care about money or success. I just want people to be able to play and enjoy the stuff I made. I suck at art and music though, cant code for shit either. I could probably fumble my way through the coding side since there is a lot of documentation on various engines now.

Attached: 23.png (587x330, 362.45K)

make tabletop games, make board games, make dice games, learn how to DM DnD, coding is literally the easiest part, its the design and discipline that are the hardest part

But I am a gamedev. My job is gamedev and I also gamedev on the side.

So you're an indie game dev? Because 9/10 companies have exclusivity clauses in their dev contracts.

Mine doesn't. It's not indie.

Found the liar then.

Ive given up period. My fucking cat hates me now too, he's the only thing I cared about and he's spent a whole fucking week downstairs and never came up to see me. It's over.

I did nothing but chores all day today, but I will get back to work tomorrow. I am feeling pretty optimistic that I can make art for my game even though I am not that skilled at drawing.

Sucks to be you. I am petting my cat as I type this post.

I mean I can go pick him up and pet him but I'm a fat fucking loser that refuses to move off the floor. He wants to go outside but I can't let him outside because he almost got himself killed last time.

dreams? what dreams?