Nintendo was irrelevant outside the US

The only reason these games are still even discussed is because of Americans.

I have a bit of an unbiased perspective, I was one of the few in Europe who had an N64 first (big mistake) and the thing is when you had a PSX you'd have a much more eclectic mix of games. So for instance for PSX I had Final Fagtasy 8, CTR, Tomb Raider, MR2 but I didn't have Gran Turismo or one of the numbered Crash games. Then everyone had "that" game on PSX which was some oddball title no one else did too.

By contrast the N64 was so devoid of games you only had the one uniform experience. You could choose to play all six of the playable games on there or you could eat shit.

If you look at sales the N64 literally did not exist outside North America. It bombed even in its home country. It's actually quite insane when you see the hard facts for some reason Americans and quite literally no one else went bonkers for this console.

Now I'm not saying either are bad games per se but when people on here talk about them being revolutionary etc it's because of this extreme myopia from a certain generation of Americans. Zelda is talked about like it was this transformative experience but it was actually a bit of a late bloomer (1998), there were already other full 3D action-adventure games on the N64 by then let alone on other consoles.

tldr Nintendo for whatever reason is very successful in America and only America and it's severely warped games discussion

Attached: 1642445164843.jpg (320x320, 16.65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zelda.fandom.com/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda_-_Series_Sales#Global_Sales
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do some research.

zelda.fandom.com/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda_-_Series_Sales#Global_Sales

N64 lost

Attached: mro.jpg (500x507, 94.97K)

America wins again baby.

aw sweet /vr/ schizos at it again

I don't disagree with you. That said, great memories of multiplayer Goldeneye. Glad I had PSX instead though.

Yes but game development of Zelda was unique in that it went from like Mario from 2d NES to N64. Super Mario 64 did also, and it is the best, OoT just had the wisdom. Modern game design can learn something from the old game design, it takes longer to start in 3D whereas you can make a lot more ideas faster in 2d and work your way up the 3D tree. Even starting with younger game designers with the 2d stuff.

Or less experienced game designers.

>It's actually quite insane when you see the hard facts for some reason Americans and quite literally no one else went bonkers for this console.
the ps1 outsold the n64 by 12.3 million units in america that generation.
there was literally nowhere on the planet that went "bonkers" for the n64. the only reason it's even remembered at this point is because of all the nintendo fanboy e-celebs pumping it up as much greater than it was to their zoomer audience.

Attached: supersonic_5.jpg (350x257, 59.48K)

>Nintendo was irrelevant outside the US
Literally one of the most popular and common consoles here in Europe. Everyone in my town got one back in 97.

Nice head canon though, burger falseflagger.
It was Saturn that was nonexistent in EU. Doubt too many Burgers owned it either.

Attached: my-smol-retro-corner.jpg (1200x2010, 729.23K)

If that's the case, then Europe must've barely even saw the age of arcades. Which is where Nintendo first shine (either US or America). Must suck.

either US or Japan*

>I was one of the few in Europe who had an N64 first
And this is how you can detect a silly Americunt in disguise: they think that "Europe" is a country, and that their tiny village equals the whole continent.

Lyhyesti, AP on jälleen hintti, ja Nintsikat olivat iso juttu jo kasarin loppupuolella täällä mestarikansan Euroopassa. Junnut ei muista.

Attached: E90JxMDVcAgPXC8.jpg (1148x1000, 150.94K)

Fuck each other golden rodents and sea monsters.

>Nintendo was relevant in the only country that matters when it comes to sales
And this was a problem how???

Americans wouldn’t know. Everywhere we go is america to us because of being the light of the world.

>Nintendo was irrelevant outside the US
Non-American here, fuck off
I'm guessing you're Polish or some poor east-european?

No? These two games and FF7 created a period where even people who normally shunned video games had played them.

The world is irrelevant outside of the US.

Attached: e94.jpg (500x562, 43.19K)

So why do Burgers lust after the foreign oil then?

Sounds like you are a Muslim. Go play football.

>So why do Burgers lust after the foreign oil then?
Burgers lust after Alaskan and Texan oil.
It's Israelites who push for the USA to chase foreign oil.

So Burgers let Israelites push them around? They don't sound irrelevant after all.

The N64 was a fun system, it just didn't have that many great games. I liked my Playstation a lot of in terms of variety and games. I played all the "Great" N64 games too, and fondly remember Goldeneye and others. Used to kick some ass on Clayfighter

aw sweet, a psycho with no taste