Why nobody has been able to make a real competitor?

Why nobody has been able to make a real competitor?

Attached: 9dc21204.jpg (300x300, 7.79K)

nobody knows how to

Because why the fuck would I want to deal with something worse? GOG is the only one that has a leg with their no-DRM thing.

monopolies are not easy to break

nobody wants to put forth the effort valve does with steam

Well for one, none of the others have all the features Steam has, and the ones they do have are not as good as Steam’s.

it does, GOG. the reason all other stores fail is because they don't innovate or have unique selling points - their goal is to make steam again, and obviously that will always result in an inferior product because you can't outsteam steam

what can you do better than Steam already does?
epic has free unreal engine and games but this requires millions.
gog has no-DRM and focuses on older games.
what do you think you can offer that would attract users to your platform?

I'm on to what your up to.

Attached: 1647971907085.gif (640x360, 438.85K)

>monopoly
>when 50 other stores exist and Valve doesn't require exclusivity
Nobody forces devs to put their games on Steam, they choose to.

valve dickriders assemble!

GOG is nowhere close to competing with Steam.

I don't even have a Steam account, just telling it like it is.

>>when 50 other stores exist
that control like 1% of the market? lol
>Valve doesn't require exclusivity
bro i know you love sucking corporate dick but wtf kinda logic is that: why would they require it when they CONTROL THE MARKET

because people have settled on Steam and its functional so why even look for a competitor? the only way i can think of beating it is somehow sellings the products for a significantly cheaper price.

This, people bitch about
> muh hats
but Valve is constantly putting out new features that they charge nothing for, because they aren't a publicly traded corporation and thus can think about long term customer retention

i have no idea how you deal with the online monopiles of today. if 30 years ago someone opened up a video rental store in Salt Lake City and everyone on the entire planet chose to drive and fly to this store exclusively what the fuck do you do about that?

if steam gets some kind of game pass then they will be the best pc game sellers, shame gabe is a nigger who is too afraid of doing it.

Ubishit can't keep it games exclusive
EA can't keep it games exclusive

Epic brought the consoletard platform war to PC, and keeps doing the exclusive deal when barely anyone spends money on the platform due to how shitty the client is.

GOG is under appreciated
Twitch is a lost cause
Discord is trash
I think Netflix tried and failed
Amazon is trying I think

There's nothing left to do.
Steam perfected the platform.
Lower prices are the only way to beat them, but you'd have to copy literally everything else to provide a similar experience.

Tech "monopolies" are more fragile than you think they are, there's low barriers to switching (especially for software like Steam where you can easily install their competition and switch as you see fit)
By your logic, we'd still all be using MySpace and texting on our Blackberry phones

it's been almost 20 years now, we're all good, just let it go

Because Steam's business model is founded on being a service to gamers and developers.
Whereas EA, Microsoft, Ubisoft, EPIC, etc, found their business model on being a service to shareholders.
Simple as.

Attached: Master of Masters.jpg (1600x900, 188.67K)

Because it's really fucking hard to compete with something as large/popular as steam. Ebin can only barely do it with their infinite fortnite bucks
All you can really do is either find your own little niche you can fill or just stay small and win people over time while hoping the big guy fucks up. Epic's trying to do that while Valve shoots itself in the foot in various little ways but it doesn't really work when you're utterly fucking incompetent

>Lower prices
Publishers aren't going to allow that

Imagine being naive enough to believe this horeshit lmao

> How will we deal with Friendster? They're too powerful!
> How will we deal with MySpace? They're too powerful!
> How will we deal with Vine? They're too powerful!
You can't have a meaningful monopoly in the traditional sense when you have virtually zero lock-in. It costs customers NOTHING to downloading ESG and start using it. They continue to use Steam because they want to, not because they're forced to

EGS is good.
>Free games
>Free coupons during Sales
>Exclusive games
>Superior refunding system
I love Steam but I'm beginning to like EGS too. Best part is that you can use your Steam account to log in to your EGS account so remembering multiple password is not a issue.

what a nigger answer. bitch you said something retarded at least fuckign own it. steam is a monopoly because they control they market.

Epic can't even do it with fortnite bucks. The fortnite bucks are keeping the store open, that doesn't mean it's competing.

Don't have to believe it when I lived it, dumbass.
What's wrong, can't get your VAC ban lifted? lol

Attached: Old steam.png (640x480, 304.63K)