Linux GAMING THREAD

linux GAMING THREAD

Attached: Tux_Mono.svg.png (992x1198, 90.45K)

I'm addicted to Starsector again, it's probably the best game that runs natively on linux

I've heard good things about it, but haven't tried it yet. I could use another big space game that's more complete than Pioneer.

early access boss bugs out and stops moving
very cool

Attached: 2022-06-11-17:30:17-screenshot.png (1920x1080, 2.68M)

Why do native linux ports suck so much that its better to run the proton versions?

just tried one game and it keeps showing random black screens right when lots of shit is happening on the screen
not looking good so far

Most of them aren't actually native ports from the original developers, use some kind of proprietary equivalent of Wine, that is 'frozen' when the port is published with no new feature updates, and doesn't have as many resources going into it.

This is why Indie games are often so good on GNU/Linux, they really are native ports from the developers themselves.

>Oh my, what does mkdir do? I cant possibly imagine what it could be an abbreviation of... Linux is too hard, I think ill stick with microshit and crapple instead *snorts*

Attached: th-2141117430.jpg (474x289, 14.48K)

there are people who say this? Like, it's pretty obvious mkdir is an alliteration of MaKe DIRectory, they must be illiterate.

been playing megamix+
had some kind of issue where it would drop to like 50 fps or something and not be a consistent 60 like it did on windows, but i think an update to proton experimental fixed it and now it runs fantastic

Attached: Screenshot from 2022-06-14 18-16-34.png (2561x1439, 2.18M)

wat

Some people think that typing commands into Linux is too hard so they use windows and ios for the pretty pictures.

This game would have flown into my steam library but
>Denuvo DRM
Just gonna stick with Project Heartbeat instead. Apparently that game was straight up developed on linux too.

People who use Linux very often use written commands instead of clicking on the buttons on the screen, like mkdir to make a new folder/directory for example.

also more monster hunter rise
looking forward to sunbreak

Attached: 2022-06-13-21:13:03-screenshot.png (1920x1080, 2.41M)

yeah i almost didn't buy it because of denuvo and was worried about performance issues
didn't know project heartbeat was a thing i'll have to check it out looks like a good clone

Dont worry there is this program called Vim which will explain all of this to you you should give it a try :)

>reddit os

Attached: 1652726002327.jpg (480x450, 103.19K)

soma was cheap on gog, and had a native port, so i snagged it and have been playing it on and off. so far, its not really what i was expecting. but as an adventure game with horror elements that im treating it as, these are some really fucking cool environments to explore. i really love underwater aesthetic and until now nothing aside from subnautica has gave me that feeling

Attached: 1636286548625.gif (225x255, 2.41M)

There'd be a lot more Redditors on Windows

>sonicfag
reddit website (unfortunately)

Attached: 1639045082512.png (925x707, 197.09K)