Devil May Cry

Apart from the ill-liked DmC reboot, I'm a complete noob to the franchise and want to play 5. Should I play 3 and 4 prior? Is 1 worth playing at this point or should I come back to it after 3, 4, 5?

Attached: XbWAdmgH733ubAtOtlzedbqi1E7DgFZZ.png (1024x1024, 275.3K)

Play them in release order. Witnessing and adapting to the evolution in gameplay will only make you appreciate the series even more. The HD collection is good.

3 and 5 are fun but 1 is the only good one. Avoid 4, and 2 is fine to play if you want a bad ps2 action game.

play 1 and 3 at least once

Is there any way or place to obtain the original 2001 version of the first game for pc?

Any mods I should be using for the HD Collection? I downloaded DDMK but frankly haven't looked at the features

Other than emulating the ps2 version, I think the HD collection is your only choice

But didn't it come out for PC originally as well?

No, not for your first playtrough at least.

>I'm a complete noob to the franchise and want to play 5
Skip 5, you'll miss absolutely nothing. Stick to 1, 2, and 3, and DmC, avoid everything else.

Attached: 1603743829425.jpg (1808x2348, 1.61M)

Only 3, 4, DmC and 5 have original PC ports, and 3 on PC lacks native xinput support.

>602460052
why even make a post like this

Convince me to not play 2 out of curiosity.

Because it's correct.

Attached: NoWayFag.png (1084x755, 529.59K)

just because one game isn't to your liking doesn't mean it deserves to be missed

it's super short and pretty easy
it's pretty good cringekino
the gameplay is just as good as DMC 1 (except for Lucia, she's trash)
play it

Thanks user.

Assuming you're also the same fella who answered my original question, know that I sincerely appreciate it.
I like you almost as much as Jackie Chan.

Play all of them, including the reboot. You don't have to finish 2, just get a taste of it to find out why people hate it so much

This board has the highest amount of underage posters, and therefore is the preferred target for lazy bait posts.

>i want to play the shittiest game in the franchise where do i start?
retard

>it's super short and pretty easy
true
>it's pretty good cringekino
true
>the gameplay is just as good as DMC1
?????

>I'm a complete noob to the franchise

you're right
should've said "the gameplay is just as bad as DMC1"

when you force people to play with shit characters yes . it deserves to be missed
i dont agree with him about playing DmC but well . the artstyle was nice

>i like to play with faggots
good. dmc4+5 was made for faggots like you

Play in release order like with any franchise.
It's the way the story was meant to be experienced.

No. 2 is far better than what people make it out to be, and I would unironically argue it's a better game than 5. You should absolutely play it for the sake of comparison. Here are it's high points:
>Best Dante
>Unique combat system
>Difficult ranking system
>Best animations in the series to this day
>One of the best soundtracks in the series
>2 (similar but slightly) different 20 mission campaigns
>3 completely different playable characters who each get 20 missions (the third of which can be played in either campaign)
>Gothic. Atmosphere.
Play it and exxperience it for yourself. It's far more content rich and better executed than 5, and after experiencing that disappointment you'll gain a much higher appreciation for it, even if it isn't as good as 1.

Attached: 1622627687195.jpg (1350x1645, 644.76K)

It just hit me again that, for upwards of three decades, the last image Dante had of his (healthy) brother was of him plummeting to the abyss

Attached: 1624280311724.jpg (400x400, 24.03K)

pretty good bait made me reply

Not bait. Everything I said is true.