Anyone else have fun collecting trophies/achievements?

anyone else have fun collecting trophies/achievements?

Attached: troph.jpg (1021x530, 107.88K)

No, and I wish this things were already a thing of the past.

sorry to hear that user.
Good thing they're optional though.

Nobody cares trophy whore go back to psnprofiles

You cared enough to enter the thread :^)

sure lots of fun, I just broke the ps5 controller headphone jack doing the relic in storm ascent, really fun, cant wait to do the rest of the trilogy

Attached: 1628379043594.png (866x900, 740.05K)

No, they make games less fun because they give trophies for dumb shit instead of real challenges and I'm too weak minded to ignore them

>I just broke the ps5 controller headphone jack doing the relic in storm ascent
how the fuck did you even do that?

Attached: 1644176296936.png (1385x1177, 335.7K)

I don't do this, but I do look like this.

>he doesn't enjoy having to kill 2,000 enemies with a shitty side mechanic that takes longer to kill with than just normal means

>0 platinums
>15 golds
>40 silvers
>594 bronzes

Attached: 3bdd27.jpg (640x738, 45.85K)

I do some of those things.
I wouldn't call myself a trophy whore because I have less than 50 plats in (almost) 10 years of "collecting", but if I see that game has shitload of online trophies, I refuse to buy/play it.

Same. I don't really see anything wrong with planning out a 100% playthrough in advance if the game is 100 hours and has a lot of missable stuff.
>but if I see that game has shitload of online trophies, I refuse to buy/play it.
Now that I have a few PS3s laying around, and my PS5 can play multiplayer with my PS4, i've been more lenient on doing this since I can boost with myself if the online stuff only requires 2 or 3 players.

Oh yes, I do. My favorite is Gears 5! They ask you to kill 100,000 enemies in VS, deal 100m damage in VS (Full health to 0 is 600 something) and get 50,000 assists in versus! If you are familiar with the games, you will know about the seriously achievements, none of what I listed has anything to do with seriously 5.0, that's its own separate grind! Well worth the time and effort!

based

I'm a terminal trophy autist (over 200 plats), but it takes a very special brand of autism/masochism to complete the Gears of War series.

I do it because I don't buy a whole lot of games per year, so I'll make an attempt to 100% everything to get my money's worth out of a given game. This applies to games without achievements too

Attached: 1654709979926.png (916x5093, 1.54M)

Well, I may be venting but 5 is ridiculous and I actually do have seriously 5.0 chp 1 & 2. The 100k kills, dmg, assist is one of the most retarded things I've ever seen. They're only worth like 20 points too. The old community manager (? different title maybe) claimed any good player can accomplish that in a couple of weeks playing casually!

>I do it because I don't buy a whole lot of games per year, so I'll make an attempt to 100% everything to get my money's worth out of a given game.
I don't even have that excuse. My backlog grows larger and larger and trying to platinum nearly every game I play isn't helping things.
>Persona 4 Arena
>all those Yakuzas
>Sonic Adventure 2
>Crash trilogy
unfathomably based

I'd rather get to level 50 in AC Black Flag multiplayer and grind for 100% in Kingdom Hearts ReCoM all over again than do any of that, user.

Attached: platinum.jpg (2037x8458, 3.88M)

No. I got all the trophies for tales of arise just by playing it normally aside from craft 100 weapons and hit level 100. I stopped playing at level 97 even though i know i can get to 100 in like 1 or 2 fights because fuck trophyshit.

AAAAGH IM GONNA TROOOOPH

Attached: Gucci Mage.png (280x157, 20.3K)

yea, they sometimes have a really clever way to play the game. i would have done most of them for a challenge anyway. it's funny to watch consoomfags bitterly fail achieving them
>b-b-b-b-but i have a BACKLOG i can't do it
eat shit.

No Sony fucked up the level system back in 2020

Am I supposed to know who this is?

I have to acknowledge you for MGS2, MGS4, and Sonic Unleashed as well

I played MGS2 on the 360 and came close to 100% on that, but never got it because of the VR missions. I have the game on PS3, but I just have no desire to put myself through Extreme difficulty again. I've played and beaten MGS4 like a decade ago, but I wouldn't want to try platinum that because of all the emblems.

And just fuck Unleashed with those chilli dog trophies, especially on Eggman Land