Tales of Maj'Eyal

Why aren't you playing the best roguelike?

Don't you want an oozemancer waifu?

Attached: f10459879632123b.png (768x768, 836.55K)

I hate the need for resistances later on or your subjected to one shots. Its why they give you several extra lives on the 2nd hardest difficulty.

Higher difficulties give you better drops earlier (I mean difficulties as in Nightmare or Madness, not modes like Adventure).

played the hell out of it last year, around 300 hours
got filtered on insane mode and gave up playing until the next expac comes out
great game though

Next expansion has fucking DINOSAURS.

Attached: f547979621354d.png (1920x1074, 3.14M)

I am ashamed to admit I never reached the second island, even playing with infinite lives, I just get filtered that much

There's no shame in playing exploration mode, it's a good way to get unlocks for more interesting, fulfilling runs. Try b-lining Oozemancer unlock, by endgame you become untouchable and outheal most damage.

Wyrmic is another strong option.

Because the longer I leave it until i return, the fresher and newer it will be.
Actually I never even got all the unlocks from Forbidden Cults, so there's that to look forward to too.
Anything big been changed in the last couple years?

Attached: image_2022-06-14_230817996.png (835x383, 395.26K)

I stopped playing when the next expansion was about destroying the human city in the monster continent.
I'm not playing as an orc, fuck that.

I think Oozemancer was my first ever win, certainly my first Nightmare win. Slimefucking mages in every orifice never gets old.
I'm quite the Demonologist fan too

I didn't have time yet.

That's just a second campaign, they're separate. I'm not much of a fan of the Urh'Rok content or classes either, but it's there for whoever wants it

Wait Urh'Rok was the demon stuff, I meant to say I'm not a fan of Embers of Rage*

The most significant updates in the past two years are the Wyrmic and Necromancer reworks. Some Archmage spell trees are unlocked by default now. And a new Tinker class with a mount called Annihilator.

Forbidden Cults is my favorite addition. I'm running a Ogre Writhing One right now.

Play as a Yeti or Whitehoof then. Embers of Rage isn't very good anyways. It's great for grinding Tomes, since you get access to a very powerful merchant right from the beginning.

My Ogre Writhing One also has Fanged Collar. I won't spoil what that does for those who don't know.

I enjoyed Writhing One from what I can remember of it. Lot's of fun tentacle and tongue procs. I also unlocked Drem. But I never unlocked Krog race or Cultist class. For Cultist I seem to remember you're completely dependent on RNG drops for the unlock? and my luck was always shit
Screw it maybe I'll return from ToME hibernation tonight

>best roguelike

DCSS, Infra Arcana, and Sil are better.

My eyes glazed over as soon as I saw microtransactions mentioned on the Steam page. It's cool that they still support the game though.

Also CDDA

Ogre Writhing One is great because you can use a two-handed weapon in the one weapon slot you're permitted. Drems also make awesome Writhing Ones, IIRC their skin racial rules.

Krog is basically an antimagic Ogre. They have a pretty good racial tree. The unlock for them is RNG though I think.

I have no fucking clue how Cultist of Entropy works, please someone tell me.

The microtransactions are for pointless cosmetics. You can buy more item vault space, but it isn't necessary. Apart from that you can pay to get killed by overpowered Eldritch Horrors or buy server-wide events. I don't think it's that egregious, and I donate monthly to the game anyways.

The base game is also open source and you can download it for free.

For me, it's Doomelf Doombringer