What was nintendo thinking with their dildo control design, who asked for motion controls and a nunchuck

What was nintendo thinking with their dildo control design, who asked for motion controls and a nunchuck

Attached: controls.jpg (680x544, 15.5K)

>What was nintendo thinking with their dildo control design
Unironically "if it looks like a TV remote, people who don't play video games will be more likely to try it" and it worked.

DEELDO

Wiimote and nunchuck was the comfiest controller of all time

Attached: 1655241726333.png (551x732, 304.25K)

It was great for on-rail shooters, and the prime games. I still find reasons to get out my Wii, but I rarely do for my ps3. It still offers a unique experience.

>dildo control design
you mean the ps move? lol

They were thinking it would print money
They were right

mmm, jpeg artifacts

wagglan is a good gimmick and I'm tired of pretending it's not

It can be alright if the tracking is good. The original Wiimotes were SHIT for that

Loved boxing with it

It was actually pretty good for shooters.

there has not yet been a better controller for aiming and moving at the same time

Fuck you, I loved using my Wii controls as actual nunchunks and I always swung them around like a maniac.
They were great, I had a blast with Wii Sports and a bunch of other stuff.

>What was nintendo thinking

Attached: Screenshot 2022-06-14 at 23.33.40.png (678x319, 43.27K)

>op sees a remote
>first thing he thinks about is a dildo
OP is a literal faggot

Nintendo fucking killed it in the mid-late 2000s. People shit on nintendo's business decisions all the time, but you've got to give them credit for finding ways to thrive against the behemoths of Sony and Microsoft.

>who asked for motion controls and a nunchuck
We (Wii) did.
Our imagination was getting stale so they gave us a different choice

could probably have kept it going if the wiiu was fully portable like the switch is

I don't think the technology was there yet.

if only it was a few years later

This post reeks of underage faggotry.
Nintendo is gaming’s equivalent of the Walt Disney Company (1990’s). While they are slow to get with the times and likes to take risks for better or worse, they are still *the* name in gaming. Just like how Disney faced near bankruptcy in the early 40’s and the 80’s yet remained a household name, Nintendo does the same despite shitty practices and some “bad” console generations.
Any layperson to the hobby knows what “a Nintendo” is. Ask them what a PlayStation is and they might just say “it’s one of those Nintendo things, right?” In terms of console sales, Sony butts up against Nintendo (imo) because Sony jumped on using CDs and DVDs well before Nintendo (who has only used full sized dvd/BluRay for a third of their systems). If the GameCube could’ve been marketed as your all-in-one multimedia device for gaming, movies, music and more, I bet the PS2 would not have seen far fewer sales. Case in point, I still have around 50 games for the PS2 (not all good ones) while I had only maybe five for the GameCube with two of them being Mario Baseball and Mario Strikers. Rarely remember seeing ads for their games on TV, too.
The success of the switch will keep those Japs afloat enough to survive another WiiU or two down the road as long as they don’t blow the money on useless garbage.

>Ask them what a PlayStation is and they might just say “it’s one of those Nintendo things, right?”
It's not the fucking 90s anymore, everyone knows what a playstation is